PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a Ulysses XT

MORDUEMAN
02-11-2012, 09:34 PM
I have just bought an 09 Ulysses XT in black, low milleage, one owner and FSH, cant wait to get it. :D
I bought the bike from a bloke in Portsmouth, I am flying down on Tuesday morning and riding it back to Newcastle, so I should get plenty of time to get to know my new bike, I will post some pics when I get it home.

Tony Cross
02-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Long ride back but a quick one.

Mutley
02-11-2012, 10:24 PM
They are outstanding VFM at the moment and a great road bike, just don't be tempted by any off road excursions on the way home. They don't live up to that particular hype :wink:

Misfit from Wyvern has one and he loves it :60277EB7B04744289C0

MORDUEMAN
02-11-2012, 11:19 PM
I wanted something to ride through the winter, as my glide would just rust to bits, so thats staying in the garage over the winter and I get to have fun on the Buell, I have feeling I will be riding it through the summer as well. :439:

Tony Cross
02-11-2012, 11:22 PM
I wanted something to ride through the winter, as my glide would just rust to bits, so thats staying in the garage over the winter and I get to have fun on the Buell, I have feeling I will be riding it through the summer as well. :439:

Slap on the ACF50.

kiwidave
03-11-2012, 12:09 AM
Enjoy!!!! They sure sound good, and the no-corroding-the-Glide plan is sound.

Are these rock-bottom prices now?

(I see Erik Buell is up and running again in Wisconsin)

MORDUEMAN
03-11-2012, 12:38 AM
I got it for less than you would pay for an elderly, high mileage Sportster, 103 bhp, sports bike handling and brakes, talk about vfm. :D

HRH
03-11-2012, 09:57 AM
You be carefull on the way back Garry.Take your time new bike. Will handle different from your Harley.The roads are very slippey. I had my sports bike out through the week not holding the road as it should.Looking forward to seeing it if its out like nic nics they are the dogs bollicks.Take care:):):)

Tony Cross
03-11-2012, 10:05 AM
You be carefull on the way back Garry.Take your time new bike. Will handle different from your Harley.The roads are very slippey. I had my sports bike out through the week not holding the road as it should.Looking forward to seeing it if its out like nic nics they are the dogs bollicks.Take care:):):)

The Buell will hold the road well but use your speedo as they don't come with camera detectors and you will need one.:D

Ultima Tony
03-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Great news Garry,
As others have already mentioned, ride it with caution until you get used to it mate, enjoy the ride home, lets hope its dry for you.:)

Maybe you should move away from the Girly-Glide-Gang and hang out with the Big-Buell-Boys now. :D

Tony Cross
03-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Great news Garry,
As others have already mentioned, ride it with caution until you get used to it mate, enjoy the ride home, lets hope its dry for you.:)

Maybe you should move away from the Girly-Glide-Gang and hang out with the Big-Buell-Boys now. :D

Winter Rallies, Gary!!!:D:D:D

MORDUEMAN
03-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Winter Rallies, Gary!!!:D:D:D

I don't mind riding in the winter, but I will be buggered if I will sleep in a tent in, on the floor at -10 deg. I'd rather get a heated room somewhere, with a nice bed, duvet and bathroom with a nice full english breakfast and still have a good time the rally. :D

BaZa
03-11-2012, 08:21 PM
I don't mind riding in the winter, but I will be buggered if I will sleep in a tent in, on the floor at -10 deg. I'd rather get a heated room somewhere, with a nice bed, duvet and bathroom with a nice full english breakfast and still have a good time the rally. :D

agree with that mate....:D

any pixs yet Gaza?......I may well copy you next year if we have moved and I have big garage.

MORDUEMAN
03-11-2012, 08:35 PM
This is the listing from e-bay

2009 BUELL XB12 XT ULYSSES BLACK | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2009-BUELL-XB12-XT-ULYSSES-BLACK-/200839769754?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&nma=true&si=I871mP5I0XftrE68ZVUxCZYhHLk%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc)

Gnasher
03-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Nice bike mate,looks good in black:wink:

Tucker
04-11-2012, 12:01 AM
I fancy one of these myself, but I'm a little fat bastard, probably wouldn't be able touch the floor!! :mad:

BaZa
04-11-2012, 01:36 AM
Nice bike mate,looks good in black:wink:

+ 1 on that looks the business Gaza.....

rainmanshaun
04-11-2012, 08:58 AM
Was looking at one just like that - a club member is selling an 07 but just couldn't justify the cash Also saw a very nice x1 lightning at Oxford HD this week but again more money than I had available so have gone for an MT350 Ha ha ha I hear you all say but it was cheap no chrome to rust and it will be a bit of fun in the grimy salty winter months! Have a safe ride back up to the great NE it's a great looking bike I am sure you will love the way it handles!

stevel
04-11-2012, 09:19 AM
I have just bought an 09 Ulysses XT in black, low milleage, one owner and FSH, cant wait to get it. :D
I bought the bike from a bloke in Portsmouth, I am flying down on Tuesday morning and riding it back to Newcastle, so I should get plenty of time to get to know my new bike, I will post some pics when I get it home.

Nice bike - i've used these guys in the past to save me losing a days wages on the collection:
Motorcycle Delivery | Motorcycle Transport | Motorbike | BLD (http://www.bldgroup.co.uk/service-repairs/motorcycle-delivery/)
Steve

Oddjob
04-11-2012, 09:21 AM
I fancy one of these myself, but I'm a little fat bastard, probably wouldn't be able touch the floor!! :mad:

Yeah I'm the same except I'm more of a short fat tw@t.

Nice looking bike Garry, and a great price, dont neglect the Glide mind.

Take it steady on the way back.

MORDUEMAN
04-11-2012, 10:41 AM
Nice bike - i've used these guys in the past to save me losing a days wages on the collection:
Motorcycle Delivery | Motorcycle Transport | Motorbike | BLD (http://www.bldgroup.co.uk/service-repairs/motorcycle-delivery/)
Steve

That would be the sensible solution Steve, but I am very lucky to be able to take time off when I want to, the irony is I never do and work much harder than I ever did for somebody else.
To be honest I am looking forward to a little adventure, especially the flying down there and getting to know the bike on the way back. :D

MORDUEMAN
06-11-2012, 06:39 AM
I am just off to the airport to fly down to Southampton for my mini Buell adventure. :439:
I will post later tonight, when I get home. :D

Bute Bagger
06-11-2012, 08:05 AM
Ride safe , and post some pics when it's back and washed down :439:

Gnasher
06-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Hope you have your long johns on gaz:D

Urrell
06-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Take Care, but enjoy yourself.
Hope it has heated grips :439:

BaZa
06-11-2012, 12:29 PM
I am just off to the airport to fly down to Southampton for my mini Buell adventure. :439:
I will post later tonight, when I get home. :D

Now this is a mini Buell.....and a Blast at 32 hp 500cc :wink:

Safe riding Garry hope the weather stays dry and sunny for you as it is down here today....

http://img256.echo.cx/img256/973/buell10bz.jpg

stevel
06-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Get those thermals on - It was 1 degree C when I set off this morning :eek:

Tony Cross
06-11-2012, 02:02 PM
To be honest he will get a certain amount of warmth from riding the bike. There is a nice flow of warm air as you ride near the knees.

JonnyHog
06-11-2012, 03:47 PM
I had a 2006 XB12X until a few months agao. They really are excellent on the road and perhaps not so good off-road (but I did manage it).

Brilliant balance and very QUICK steering. They have a tendency to drop into corners which you can get used to. Be aware of the unintentional wheelies too but by the time you read this you will be well aquainted with the bike.

I'd have another, certainly, but a later model like yours because they did improve the breed over the years.

Oh yes, did I mention 60mpg? :)

Jon

MORDUEMAN
06-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Back home now, what a bloody great day i've had. Nice flight down to Southampton, got picked up by the bloke selling the bike and it was just as nice as the photos, couldn't fault it, did the deal, rode off.

Totally different to any Harley I have ever ridden before, but in a good way. At first I couldn't get used to the tiny foot controls, you get so used to the gigantic controls on a Harley, but soon got the hang of it. I couldn't believe how quick the Buell is, the roll on power when you need it is amazing, gives very safe overtaking :D, it handles to. I couldn't give it to much in the bends, as it was -3 deg when I landed at Southampton, so took it careful untill it warmed up bit, the stretch of road from the M40 past Silverstone to the M1, is a bit of fun :D, trouble is it rained like a bastard the last 200 miles home and I got home looking like a drowned rat. The bike was covered in salt, so I have given it a good wash and put it in the garage, I will take some photos tomorrow and post them here, it was to dark to take any that would do it justice.

BaZa
06-11-2012, 06:37 PM
great mate glad you are home safe....any speed cameras....lol.

how many miles in total?

MORDUEMAN
06-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Portsmouth to Whitley Bay 345 miles, 145 miles @ -3deg and 200 miles in the pouring rain :439:

Oddjob
06-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Not sleeping beside it then ????

Helmetbolt
07-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Great choice of bike Garry. Sounds like you had a good introduction to the mark. They are cracking bikes, Good acceleration, excellent brakes and brilliant fuel consumption on a long run.

Have fun with it mate.

MORDUEMAN
07-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Great choice of bike Garry. Sounds like you had a good introduction to the mark. They are cracking bikes, Good acceleration, excellent brakes and brilliant fuel consumption on a long run.

Have fun with it mate.

Thanks Mick, I will have to come up to yours sometime and show you the bike, hope you and Carol are keeping well, are you a darts pro yet ? :D

devon.john
07-11-2012, 06:01 PM
enjoy

i have had mine for about 6mths now and done a few thousand miles.

a good bike and very cheap for what you get!!

i ride it more than the big twin , mainly as it does over 60mpg .:D

just be carful with the front brake it works!!!!

john

MORDUEMAN
07-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Here are some pictures of my Buell Ulysses :

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/mordueman/002.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/mordueman/005.jpg

MORDUEMAN
07-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Some more :D

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/mordueman/003.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/mordueman/001.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/mordueman/004.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/mordueman/006.jpg

Eric
07-11-2012, 09:56 PM
very nice gary,bike aint bad either,:439:,is that the model that burns the thigh off ya,the bike i mean !

MORDUEMAN
07-11-2012, 10:06 PM
very nice gary,bike aint bad either,:439:,is that the model that burns the thigh off ya,the bike i mean !

Your right on both counts Eric, didn't feel the heat on the way back yesterday, maybe because it was -3 deg and then pissed it down.:D
I am going to fit the comfort kit on it, which is a left side air scoop and a down pipe heat deflector. Also I want to fit a nice n loud exhaust, as its a bit quiet with its standard exhaust along with a drive belt tensioner.

mr waff
10-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Blood excellent bikes Garry, i've had my 12S since 06 and i still get a buzz out of it.
As prev said really good MPG, the only thing that let's em down is the standard exhaust finish, i've got a Remus muffler , a race module, KN filter & spring loaded belt tentioner fitted.
Log on to the UKBEG forum and you'll get some excellent feedback (ignore the fueller tuber debates) and info re maintaining these machines.
Just enjoy the bike and ride safe:)

MORDUEMAN
10-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Thanks Adrian, I have been out having fun today on it, once Xmas is out of the way, I fancy getting an Albert Exhaust on her, excellent build quality, loud enough and not a bad price. :439:

carldruid
20-11-2012, 08:04 PM
enjoy it mate just hope yours wasn't a friday night special like mine. loved riding it but got fed up pushing it. dont think i had a good one:frown: