PDA

View Full Version : Got myself another Buell!!!!

chopper
04-11-2017, 06:34 PM
So its been a long while since i rode anything more modern than a 79 Shovel, but after a year of no time to work on bikes due to work going on at home and my day job taking over my life I decided a month or so ago that it was time to get something I can put some miles on over the next few months and something I can just ride and enjoy while working on my older bikes when I have the time, I was after something that covers the scratching on a wednesday night for fun but also I can do 600 mile weekends away on again attending rallys etc ! My 79 lowrider went a few weeks ago so it was time to get on with it!
After owning a 2007 Ully 8 or so year ago and really enjoying it decided another one was the way forward after discounting a supermoto as being purely a fun short distance bike!

After scouring ebay and the like one turned up on Autotrader last sunday that was less than a dozen miles from home and was the right sort of money and mileage etc. It had been lightly personalised by painting some of the bits red but that wasnt a worry so a verbal deal was done over the phone as long as it matched the description and I went and looked at it on wednesday this week. I rode it home!

this is how it looked at 11am on Wednesday

after a few hours of work with some cellulose thinners and then a few coats of back to black it looked like this

and since then the handguards have also been done and the exhaust wrap removed.

Previous owner covered just 2k in 6 years due to a injury so it needed a good blast (which I gave it thursday night!) and I need to give it a full service as well as do a few checks on things like the oil pump gear (its a 2005 model) and a free spirits belt tensioner.

So far im very happy with the choice and its great to be back on a buell again, id forgotten how much fun and how capable these are!

M&M
04-11-2017, 07:14 PM
Nice, always had a fancy for one. Keep posting and let us know how you get on with it over time please.

tubby57
04-11-2017, 09:34 PM
It's been said many times that you're full of Bueil Neil����

chopper
04-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Thanks, no jammy dogers for you young man!! :encouragement:
It's been said many times that you're full of Bueil Neil����

chopper
07-11-2017, 09:30 AM
got the black leather dye I ordered through yesterday so couldnt resist having a go when I got in! The seat was recovered with a nice diamond pattern in RED leather aout 5 years ago apparently. Im guessing he had very red trousers after most rides!!!!

Gave it a good clean with a leather cleaner then 3 coats of black and two coats of satin protector later it looked very nice!

Summers
13-11-2017, 09:03 PM
Looking good mate