PDA

View Full Version : 2020 renewal... no security code

somex
16-12-2019, 02:18 PM
Just renewed via the new system.
Congratulations Oddjob, great job, its a major improvement.
What's the procedure (or is it now automatic) for updating profile to ensure full site access as there seems to be no security number with the new membership card?

TomG
16-12-2019, 02:24 PM
Just renewed via the new system.
Congratulations Oddjob, great job, its a major improvement.
What's the procedure (or is it now automatic) for updating profile to ensure full site access as there seems to be no security number with the new membership card?

Hi Alan. Hope your ok mate.

No it's not automatic - the two sites are still not linked for security reasons. Update your profile as normal. Where it asks for the security code put 1234. As we get further into the membership software then this may change - as there aren't security numbers being used now. .

Rogero
17-12-2019, 07:32 AM
Tom - to save you and everybody else the annual "I cannot log in" forum - I suggest that this be made known to all members. Unless I have missed something this is the first I have seen of the 1234 instruction.

Just a thought and THANK YOU to all concerned in the membership / forum areas - it is much appreciated.

Roger
17-12-2019, 09:09 AM
Tom - to save you and everybody else the annual "I cannot log in" forum - I suggest that this be made known to all members. Unless I have missed something this is the first I have seen of the 1234 instruction.

Just a thought and THANK YOU to all concerned in the membership / forum areas - it is much appreciated.

We're working on linking the two systems, hopefully the secutity code will become redundant

TomG
17-12-2019, 11:07 AM

Hi Roger

As soon as the new membership website was running it became apparent that the security number input was going to be an issue. I immediately amended the profile details page so that as existing and new members amended their profile they were given the message In the bottom right corner of your membership card. If the new style card without a Security Number then enter 1234
So anyone carrying out the profile update in the normal manner would be ok. Yes there would be members who had problems but there always is.

Having said that the software in the forum isn't working properly with the changes. Entering a sequence of numbers in the box is required but as the software isn't working it isn't making a blind bit of difference what numbers are filled in.

I don't plan on doing anything with the profile page details and the input box for that until I know what is happening with both sites and the linking.