PDA

View Full Version : test rides

kendo
28-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Me & Anne took our bikes into the dealers on Saturday for a couple of jobs and took a couple of Buells out for the afternoon.....

Anne took the Lightning XB12STT out and totally loved it. She likes mine but this suited her more as it's loads taller and was more comfortable for her. She wanted to swap bikes after we stopped in York but I couldn't reach the floor sat on hers :redface: lol !!!!

I took the 1125R out. Not being used to race style bikes I was so uncomfortable on it. I still ached yesterday from being so cramped up on it. How anybody bigger would be comfy on it it heaven knows !!!!!!
Enjoyed the speed & handling of it though and couldn't fault it on that side bit I was so pleased to get back on my lightning.....it was heaven to ride in comparison and preferred mine in every way......phew saved me some money lol :439:

Anne preferred her Fatbob too so that was good too :D

grbrown
28-10-2008, 12:28 PM
I haven't tried an 1125 - just seems too much go for this old codger! I have owned two Firebolts, an XB9R and now an XB12R and had lower footrests fitted. May not seem much, but that inch or so extra space eases the strain on the hips and made the bike viable for me. The original riding position was too cramped. I love it - a great match for the Glide!

kendo
29-10-2008, 10:43 AM
I've got the XB12S cg thing for shortarses :o and it's very comfortable for me. Anne's a bit cramped on it cos she's got the longest legs ever :D

but I was so cramped on 1125R I have no idea how a big geezer could ever ride one !!!!!

did enjoy the experience of riding one though although I'd never swap mine for one :439:

kendo
29-10-2008, 11:33 AM
The CR might be a better bet with the higher bars?
Don't do anything for me though much prefer the air cooled Harley lump!
And them air scoops..................:A:

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l121/heritagebob/black-rfa-default.jpg

yeah that may be a bit more comfy......

think I'll stick with what I've got now and if I ever get enough spare dosh I'll get Anne a Ully so we've got the choice of going out on the Harleys or the Buells :439:

Hmmmmmmmmm must get a bigger garage first :60277EB7B04744289C0

grbrown
29-10-2008, 01:31 PM
yeah that may be a bit more comfy......

think I'll stick with what I've got now and if I ever get enough spare dosh I'll get Anne a Ully so we've got the choice of going out on the Harleys or the Buells :439:

Hmmmmmmmmm must get a bigger garage first :60277EB7B04744289C0

Sounds like a good plan! :60277EB7B04744289C0