PDA

View Full Version : The Grand World tour of Scotland

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Charlieharley
29-10-2009, 01:37 PM
The Grand World tour of Scotland

Hi All I have been thinking about next years riding season (Yes Already)
And after a short chat last night at the Shoreham meet. I thought I would gauge the interest.

I’m thinking of putting together a Grand World tour of Scotland to encompass the following.

A weeks camping/touring prior to and including the Wallace rally at Stirling.

Depart Sussex a.m. Saturday 22nd May 2010

Saturday Night. Free Camping at the Tanhill Inn. (Accommodation available)
Sunday. On into Scotland and the Isle of Bute. Free camping lots of B&Bs Possibly a party BBQ with Islanders mcc 3 of whom are HDRCGB Members.. TBC.
Monday. Free day to explore the island.
Tuesday. move on upto Fort Augustus in the great glen passing The Rest and be Thankful, Loch Lomond, Glencoe Ben Nevis and Fort William. Camping £6 pppn but accommodation available @ £15/£20 pppn
Wednesday. Free day to explore the Great glen, Loch Ness and even the Isle of Skye.
Thursday. Head south past Aviemore and down the A9 to Stirling for the Wallace Rally. PM Your email address for Booking form. £20 per club member
Friday & Saturday. At the Rally with the opportunity to explore the many points of interest in the area with even Edinburgh within striking distance.

Sunday / Monday. Your choice. The home run last year I left Stirling at 1000 in the morning and was Back in Horsham before 8 in the evening.

So what I’m asking is are there any HDRCGB members interested in the ultimate Scotland tour taking in the Lowlands, Islands and Highlands. The chance to see some of the most spectacular scenery in the world and see some of the out of the way places that tourists don’t get to.

Any Takers.

karl von fatboy
29-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Sorry Charlie - all our funds are going towards the Australia trip in Jan.
You may find your trip overlaps the usual French weekend

Karl

devon.john
29-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Sounds good to me, only been to Scotland on the ride for life and just flew through.

I hope you don't mind me cashing in on Coasters jolly , but seriously i would love to

ride through Scotland and meet up with old and new friends.

john

Simon_A
29-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Sorry Charley, It'll be 'France' for us.:D

Would have been tooo many miles miles for us anyway :redface:

HogHog
29-10-2009, 07:25 PM

And after a short chat last night at the Shoreham meet. I thought I would gauge the interest.

I’m thinking of putting together a Grand World tour of Scotland to encompass the following............

Tuesday. move on upto Fort Augustus in the great glen passing The Rest and be Thankful, Loch Lomond, Glencoe Ben Nevis and Fort William.
Wednesday. Free day to explore the Great glen, Loch Ness and even the Isle of Skye.
Thursday. Head south past Aviemore and down the A9 to Stirling for the Wallace Rally. TBC.
Friday & Saturday. At the Rally with the opportunity to explore the many points of interest in the area with even Edinburgh within striking distance.......

Hi buddy - There's a few of us up here in Inverness, and I think you could employ us as "Tour Guides" while you're on your "Northern Bit".

If you're interested I'll keep a look out for this thread and once you've got more of a plan together I'll make contact...???

p.s. - Why the Fek would you want to go to Edinburgh.?? :frown:

ClanKen
29-10-2009, 07:25 PM
i fancy some of that charlie if i can put up with you :439:

Urrell
29-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Sounds a fantastic trip, If you're letting outsiders in :wink:

Charlieharley
29-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Day one and already a fair response to the question, “who is up for this”. Just to clarify one or two points.
This is not even at the planning stage yet but if enough interest is shown I will put it together. These sort of things don’t just happen so early planning is a must and No the pixies don’t do all the leg work, eh Ken.
John and Nick;
It would of course be open to anyone (HDRCGB) who wants to come along. (The more the better.) I posted in Coasters as I’m an AAR and at our AGM we were asked to put together more rides.
Sam;
I would of course be asking regions and members along the way for assistance be it as guides or just local knowledge, best camping, pubs, grub stops etc, it will all help to make this a success.
If I can get the numbers right I will approach ferry companies and petrol stations for support sponsorship and subsidised fares. (No promises but If you don’t ask you don’t get.)
I hope this answers the questions about the run so far.
Karl, Simon;
I know that there are more weekend events each year than there are weekends in the year so we cannot do them all but I thought in the present difficult times riders might like the opportunity to have a cheep break and see some of the beauty that’s hidden on our own doorstep.

WORMY
29-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Meet you at the wallis or ?for couple of nights,will need B&B.:)

HogHog
29-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Sam;
I would of course be asking regions and members along the way for assistance be it as guides or just local knowledge, best camping, pubs, grub stops etc, it will all help to make this a success.
If I can get the numbers right I will approach ferry companies and petrol stations for support sponsorship and subsidised fares. (No promises but If you don’t ask you don’t get.)

I'll put those dates in my diary anyway. There's loads of great places to ride/stay/eat/drink so keep me in the loop and I'll do what I can to help.

MORDUEMAN
29-10-2009, 08:47 PM
We would be interested in this, we could meet you at the Lakes and take it from there. :D

HogHog
29-10-2009, 09:05 PM
We would be interested in this, we could meet you at the Lakes and take it from there. :D

NO - you Geordies drink even more than we do - Oh, OK then :D.

Charlie-Harley - Looks like you're gonna have your work cut out - this could get quite big (relatively speaking). :60277EB7B04744289C0

Urrell
29-10-2009, 09:15 PM
http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2008/11/20/16/173-RCB_PROCESSION_05.standalone.prod_affiliate.4.JPG

Charlieharley
29-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Meet you at the wallis or ?for couple of nights,will need B&B.:)

Hi Wormy
Early days yet but as I recall there is some uni thingy on the same weekend as the Wallace (could be rugby) but I know my brother had no luck with B&Bs, near the site for that weekend as He left it late trying to book, so again early bird and all that.
Aye Charlie

WORMY
29-10-2009, 10:37 PM
Hi Wormy
Early days yet but as I recall there is some uni thingy on the same weekend as the Wallace (could be rugby) but I know my brother had no luck with B&Bs, near the site for that weekend as He left it late trying to book, so again early bird and all that.
Aye Charlie
Cheers charlie, will do as soon as your dates confirmed .:)

Steely
29-10-2009, 10:42 PM
p.s. - Why the Fek would you want to go to Edinburgh.?? :frown:[/quote]

Why would you want to visit The Athens of the North ? mmmm...

Read this, and wish you where here.:439:

As the summer days draw to a close, the russet autumn colours breathe new life into Edinburgh & Lothians with the backdrop and amber golds of Edinburgh's Royal Botanic Garden, the bracing beach walks along Edinburgh's coast and countryside, the invigorating autumn air of the Pentland Hills and country parks like Beecraigs near Linlithgow.
Indulge yourself indoors too with a warming visit to the Scotch Whisky Experience or Edinburgh's lowland malt distillery, Glenkinchie, in Pencaitland, East Lothian. You'll be spoilt for choice with the vast array of places to eat with our many eatscotland eateries throughout the area, offering seasonal, locally sourced produce. Think tasty berries and hearty puddings! To keep you entertained, autumn presents a full programme of events from the sounds of Brass in the Park and The International Storytelling Festival to the colourful displays from Scottish Ballet's autumn season and the National Galleries of Scotland seasonal collections.

HogHog
29-10-2009, 10:48 PM
p.s. - Why the Fek would you want to go to Edinburgh.?? :frown:

Why would you want to visit The Athens of the North ? mmmm...

Read this, and wish you where here.:439: .......

READ THIS

As I sit here,
beneath the velux,
The rain makes that pitter patter,
much like 1000 drummers beat a military tattoo,
beating out the rythm,
"Yer in Fekin Scotland noo, Yer in fekin Scotland noo..."

And aye - it rains in Edinburgh too. So when the "southerners" are up at the Wallace - they should enjoy a run around Rural Perthshire and see the sights, And if they want to spend vast sums of money on Tourist Tat, then me and my mates will bring some along, no need to risk their health breathing the polluted city air :D

Charlieharley
29-10-2009, 10:56 PM
Now Now Dave and Sam play fair :439: I have been telling the boys and girls down here what a hospitable lot we are and that there is no more clan or turf wars, just fantastic places to see and things to do. So at the very least lets get them north of the border before we start the next uprising.
Aye Charlie

PS it goes without saying the West Coast is the Best. :wink:

Charlieharley
29-10-2009, 11:00 PM

Hi Garry
Not a problem with that. This year on the direct run North we collected numbers all the way north. in fact I think we met others at every gas stop. So more people at the lakes will make for a party on the first night. :wink:
Aye Charlie

ChaMcg
29-10-2009, 11:02 PM
Here Sam, ye will noo be taking them tay that sheep farm awe yer brothers again:wink:

BaZa
29-10-2009, 11:05 PM
I might be up for this Chas.

Charlieharley
29-10-2009, 11:08 PM
I might be up for this Chas.
Already have your name at the top of the list just after mine and in front of Vince :D

PhillSpace
29-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Well, it's very nice that so many people like to keep an eye on what's going on in Coasterland ... innit :D

Sounds like a good trip Charlie; a shame it clashes dates with the French weekend, however some have a taste for Whisky rather than Champagne so there's likely to be a few interested parties from DaSuniSarfcoast. Anyway it's only a day in and it looks like you're heading towards it being a National Club Run, not just a Coasters Run. :smile:

Having checked my diary the timing is a no go for me as I have a family wedding, but I'll give whatever support I can beforehand. :)

Phil.... :character0010:

Steely
29-10-2009, 11:11 PM
And aye - it rains in Edinburgh too. So when the "southerners" are up at the Wallace - they should enjoy a run around Rural Perthshire and see the sights, And if they want to spend vast sums of money on Tourist Tat, then me and my mates will bring some along, no need to risk their health breathing the polluted city air :D

Its No that bad doon here, as long as ye huv pretection. :169B9ADF431545348BC

BaZa
29-10-2009, 11:14 PM
Already have your name at the top of the list just after mine and in front of Vince :D

Not them bloody drinks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What were they called?

Charlieharley
29-10-2009, 11:19 PM
Not them bloody drinks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What were they called?

Turbo Guinness and a Tommy Evans (I think but Vince will know!) and no I'll be on the Shandy :wink: :439::D

Gogsy
29-10-2009, 11:33 PM
Keep in touch Charlie,would love to see you all up here.

Realbark
29-10-2009, 11:39 PM
Me n her are up for a week of this. Any chance of English speaking guides tho eh? :439:

BaZa
30-10-2009, 12:10 AM
........... a no go for me as I have a family wedding, but I'll give whatever support I can beforehand. :)

Phil.... :character0010:

Congrats to you and Debs mate do you need a Soda Stream for a wedding pressie? :439:

Turbo Guinness and a Tommy Evans (I think but Vince will know!) and no I'll be on the Shandy :wink: :439::D

......fecking hand shandies under the kilt...........:wink:

Keep in touch Charlie,would love to see you all up here.

Chas don't tell him feck all!!!!!!!!!! :60277EB7B04744289C0

Me n her are up for a week of this. Any chance of English speaking guides tho eh? :439:

No worries there are no Scottish speaking left up there they are all darn here......except for the motley crew.... :D:D

Realbark
30-10-2009, 12:16 AM
Ive just woken the missus to tell her about this thread. Shes not particularly keen this precise minute :mad:. Ill tell her agin when she gets up in the morning, ho hum. :D

PhillSpace
30-10-2009, 01:08 AM
Congrats to you and Debs mate do you need a Soda Stream for a wedding pressie? :439:

Slow down that man ..... :9399D3F58B324EE1B68. It's a cousin gettin' hitched in Geordieland BaZ, it'll be a good do and it's a chance to get in touch wiv me Geordie side innit :D

HogHog
30-10-2009, 06:14 AM

PS it goes without saying the West Coast is the Best. :wink:

Hey buddy - your keyboard is broken - and your spelling is atro.... Atrosh....Atrociou.... Not Very Good.

You obviously meant - The Far North Is The Best :D

Now Now Dave and Sam play fair :439: I have been telling the boys and girls down here what a hospitable lot we are and that there is no more clan or turf wars, just fantastic places to see and things to do. So at the very least lets get them north of the border before we start the next uprising.

As penance for my sins I'm going to enrol on the local "Hostility Course" so I can really help "them with funny accents" when they come up to Gods Country.:smile:

HogHog
30-10-2009, 06:15 AM
Here Sam, ye will noo be taking them tay that sheep farm awe yer brothers again:wink:

No - we're baaaa-red from there now :D

Gogsy
30-10-2009, 08:27 AM
Hey Baza......
Sook oan ma Sheuch !!!!!!!!!! :439:

Bilbo
30-10-2009, 08:57 AM
Hi Garry
Not a problem with that. This year on the direct run North we collected numbers all the way north. in fact I think we met others at every gas stop. So more people at the lakes will make for a party on the first night. :wink:
Aye Charlie
A party in the Lakes! We like the sound of that.

budda
30-10-2009, 09:05 AM
ta baz for pm.n this thread to me:439:

hi cha any help we kin gae from ra westies gaes a shout :D

some crackin good ride,in roads on ra argyll coast lol:D:D

dantheman
30-10-2009, 10:17 AM
aye wit everr jt said a canie make a word out,lol:wink::D:Dwe have the best biking roads in britain right on our doorstep, so gies oor lot a shout if it happens

Urrell
30-10-2009, 11:05 AM
It'll be like going abroad!
The place is full of foreigners :439:

BaZa
30-10-2009, 11:42 AM
..............having second thoughts now! :wink:

10438 :eek:

Commander Zero
30-10-2009, 12:18 PM

10438 :eek:

whit!! yi gony bring yir kilt efter wae Baza :wink: :439:

BaZa
30-10-2009, 12:30 PM
whit!! yi gony bring yir kilt efter wae Baza :wink: :439:

Mines a bit longer than those!!!!!!!!!! :439:

Kilt that is!

budda
30-10-2009, 06:18 PM
ats cos its a skirt ya wassock :9399D3F58B324EE1B68:D:D:D:D

Dave SRod
30-10-2009, 07:12 PM
Hi Charlie
Been thinking about the Wallace for a wee while and as I'm uncertain about doin' the Super Rally in Greece next year, which would certainly scupper it, am very interested. Any idea when you'd need confirmations?
Hopefully see you at the Dragon next month.

martin n loz
30-10-2009, 08:15 PM
hi charlie
me and loz are keen, will keep in touch

martin&loz:60277EB7B04744289C0

Ulysses
30-10-2009, 08:34 PM
If I've still gotta job, would love to join the party :D

Charlieharley
30-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Well now. Well now! Well now baldric I can see a cunning plan coming together. As there is quite a bit of interest and that’s just from those who pop in to the Coasters section.
So I have started to make some enquiries about camping, locations and discounts etc so I will probably now start a provisional list so that I can get a rough idea of numbers and that way I will have some bargaining power when I talk to people.
Those that have already shown an interest I will add now and then add to the list as the names roll in. Don’t panic the list is not binding at this time.
I already have some great ideas and have been offered support via PMs as well as those listed in the thread. So already a the plan is forming if only in my head at this time but I will keep you all informed as things start to come together.

So I will get this moved up and made a sticky thingy, me thinks. Phil over to you.

twoskips
30-10-2009, 11:11 PM
think i may be available for this Charlie, sounding like quiet a party plan happening.

dantheman
31-10-2009, 12:32 AM

10438 :eek::9399D3F58B324EE1B68a wiz sue michael got rid o yon photo o him and big pete, first day at school:D:D:D

ChaMcg
31-10-2009, 12:44 AM
Remember Lads, Tickets for the Wallace are limited and they sell oot fast. Wan awe the best rallies aboot so get yer tickets if ye are coming up. Just ma 2p worth.

Charlieharley
31-10-2009, 07:20 AM
Remember Lads, Tickets for the Wallace are limited and they sell oot fast. Wan awe the best rallies aboot so get yer tickets if ye are coming up. Just ma 2p worth.

Cheers Charlie thats why I've got this one rolling this early. My plan is to book tickets as soon as I have an Idea of numbers:D

The Wallace (caledoniahc.com) The dates are the 27th - 31st May so that means that The Grand World tour of Scotland would start on Saturday the 22nd May 2010 the Meet point will be somewhere in the Lake District ready to party Saturday night.

Mrs T
31-10-2009, 08:10 AM
Cheers Charlie thats why I've got this one rolling this early. My plan is to book tickets as soon as I have an Idea of numbers:D

The Wallace (caledoniahc.com) The dates are the 27th - 31st May so that means that The Grand World tour of Scotland would start on Saturday the 23rd May 2010 the Meet point will be somewhere in the Lake District ready to party Saturday night.

Saturday 22 May 2010?-Aye:wink:

PeteJ
31-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Hey Charlie, I am up for this. No idea what my work has in store for me in May but pencil me in anyway and lets see how it pans out. Great idea by the way, Brilliant. Is it May yet :60277EB7B04744289C0
My idea is that if I do have the time available, then after Stirling to head back north and take in the northern coastline of Scotland. I hear that it is an awesome place to visit, obviously second in awsomeness to Isle of Bute and the Highlands. :smile:

nigel
31-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Hi charley
Me & Lisa will be up for this add us to the list will keep an eye on the postings to see whats goin on.

trev-hog
31-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Hi charley
Me & Lisa will be up for this add us to the list will keep an eye on the postings to see whats goin on.lisa will have to leave now:9399D3F58B324EE1B68:wink::wink::D:D

Dave_Scott
31-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Sounds good Charlie, could well be up for this..:wink:

Stuarty
01-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Sounds like a great trip this.:wink:

Its just a pity tae miss oot the West Coast, y'know, head West fae Inverness.....suppose that is one for the future.:)

Charlieharley
01-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Sounds like a great trip this.:wink:

Its just a pity tae miss oot the West Coast, y'know, head West fae Inverness.....suppose that is one for the future.:)

Hi Stuarty
Not sure if you're extracting urine or did you not bother to read the first post?? :wink:
But thank you for the idea???
Aye Charlie

Stuarty
01-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Hi Stuarty
Not sure if you're extracting urine or did you not bother to read the first post?? :wink:
But thank you for the idea???
Aye Charlie

Not at all. Was thinking about West Coast north of Ft Bill, Torridon, Gairloch, Ullapool, and the likes.:wink:

Mind yae, dont wannt tae show em everythin....they might no go hame!!!:D

Charlieharley
01-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Not at all. Was thinking about West Coast north of Ft Bill, Torridon, Gairloch, Ullapool, and the likes.:wink:

Mind yae, dont wannt tae show em everythin....they might no go hame!!!:D

Ah got your drift now. This started as a break on the run up to the Wallace and over a few beers became "The Grand world tour of Scotland." After giving it some thought the suggested route would take in the lowlands Islands and Highlands. I'm sure you will agree a lot for these poor southerners to take in. Having said that one of those who has shown an interest has said that after the Wallace he plans on heading North for a few more day touring. So I will point him at your post and he may get in touch.
Aye Charlie

PeteJ
02-11-2009, 01:30 AM
I seen what Stuarty posted and might just have to take up on the offer. Though what a god fearing scotsman might make of a non drinking, english accented Irishman I just dont know :smile:

gearjammer
02-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Hi Charlie
Sounds like a good plan,i may be up for this.:D
one question - beckie is a member of the Caledonian Harley Club and tells me that we may need to pre-book for the Wallace rally and it has a limit of 300 tickets.
Shall we book our own tickets or take a chance on it not being sold out?

HogHog
02-11-2009, 08:05 PM
If you don't get tickets then you'll all have to come to Inverness and camp in my garden - Got enough room for about 20 tents...!!!

Fek knows what the neighbours would say though......!!!!! :p

gearjammer
02-11-2009, 08:13 PM
It wouldn't be the first time plan B had come to the rescue:redface:

Old_Bob
02-11-2009, 10:38 PM
a god fearing scotsman (I aint ever seen one of them),-- non drinking Irishman (I aint ever seen one of them either) :smile:
That is bloody frightening:o

BaZa
02-11-2009, 11:16 PM
Hi Charlie
Sounds like a good plan,i may be up for this.:D
one question - beckie is a member of the Caledonian Harley Club and tells me that we may need to pre-book for the Wallace rally and it has a limit of 300 tickets.
Shall we book our own tickets or take a chance on it not being sold out?

http://www.caledoniahc.com/wallace/index.html

It's always sold out so you have to pre book.

27th-31st May 2010
Stirling Rugby Club
Stirling
Scotland

-HARLEYS ONLY-

NON-HARLEYS BY PRE-BOOK INVITE ONLY
Pre-book your ticket as we cannot guarantee tickets at the gate.

Strict 300 Limit
Details to follow
To book tickets when available:
Caledonia Harley Club
PO Box 20146
Stirling
FK7 0YF

BaZa
02-11-2009, 11:21 PM
Chas have you seen this years photos loads of mine are on the site :D

http://www.caledoniahc.com/gallery/09/wallace/index.html

Charlieharley
02-11-2009, 11:53 PM
If you don't get tickets then you'll all have to come to Inverness and camp in my garden - Got enough room for about 20 tents...!!!

Fek knows what the neighbours would say though......!!!!! :p

Stranger things have happen when needs must.
Aye Charlie

Charlieharley
02-11-2009, 11:57 PM
Chas have you seen this years photos loads of mine are on the site :D

http://www.caledoniahc.com/gallery/09/wallace/index.html

Hi Baza
Yes mate had viewed them earlier could not respond as my computer was down.
Aye Charlie :D

BaZa
03-11-2009, 12:16 AM
Hi Baza
Yes mate had viewed them earlier could not respond as my computer was down.

How do you say it in Scotland?..............yer ferked.....LOL

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a284/baza2/Wallace%20Rally%202009/PICT0049.jpg

Charlieharley
03-11-2009, 06:40 AM
How do you say it in Scotland?..............yer ferked.....LOL

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a284/baza2/Wallace%20Rally%202009/PICT0049.jpg

Really must stop wearing those Baggy shirts LOL :D :wink:

Charlieharley
03-11-2009, 10:44 AM
Hi.
All you intrepid explorers here is the News today.
I have spent some time on the Phone to Campsites and Pubs “ Up North” (thanks Hippy) and have to say that Camping and Caravanning sites are a Bunch of ------ :mad: but I wont I will just say that they were not very helpful. Some would not take Bikes? Some would not accept single sex groups? And others wanted us to pay a minimum of two nights. (Even after I explained that we would probably spend more in the club house than they normally take for the whole of May.) :frown:
Anyway that brings me on to a suggested meeting point at the Highest Pub in the UK. :D Meet there on Saturday the 22nd May 2010 and depart on the Tour 10:00 Sunday 23rd
The Tan hill inn. I will not bore you with the details (but will attach a link)
I have had a chat with them and they would love us to come, 10 or 40 bikes not a problem. There is some accommodation available and free camping, also if it’s tipping down or you can’t be bothered with the tent there is a strong chance of crashing out in the Barn/function room. :439:
So please have a look at the site and let me have your views. Sorry about the link but it will work.
If you look at their pic's then again sorry as the only biker I saw was HOG.
and don't worry about the SNOW! thats just getting you ready for a Scottish summer.

Tan Hill Inn - Swaledale - Yorkshire Dales - Accommodation - Holiday Cottage - Weddings - Live Music - Good Food - Fine Ales (http://www.tanhillinn.com/tan-hill-inn/swaledale/yorkshire-dales/accommodation/holiday-cottage/weddings/live-music/good-food/fine-ales/1/)

Another link http://www.cumberlands-campsite.com Proposed campsite in the Great Glen 2 nights Tues / Wed
Just found a Hostel next door that can sleep up to 60 with overspill camping £20 PPPN we will be there for two nights

Stravaigers Lodge hostel lodgings in Fort Augustus, Loch Ness, Scotland (http://www.highlandbunkhouse.co.uk/)

Baff
03-11-2009, 10:48 AM
There is some accommodation available and free camping, also if it’s tipping down or you can’t be bothered with the tent there is a strong chance of crashing out in the Barn/function room. :439:

Okay, this has gone on for long enough. I do know how to put my tent up, so there! I've watched enough people do it for me this year. :wink:

Charlieharley
03-11-2009, 11:03 AM
Okay, this has gone on for long enough. I do know how to put my tent up, so there! I've watched enough people do it for me this year. :wink:

Just shows we do think about you, you know :439: :wink:

BaZa
03-11-2009, 12:52 PM
If you look at their pic's then again sorry as the only biker I saw was HOG.

Tan Hill used by HDRCGB many times for the Bargtjest rally :wink: :

See photos here: http://www.harley-davidson-hangout.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/567

Charlieharley
03-11-2009, 02:56 PM
hi.
All you intrepid explorers here is the news today.
I have spent some time on the phone to campsites and pubs “ up north” (thanks hippy) and have to say that camping and caravanning sites are a bunch of ------ :mad: But i wont i will just say that they were not very helpful. Some would not take bikes? Some would not accept single sex groups? And others wanted us to pay a minimum of two nights. (even after i explained that we would probably spend more in the club house than they normally take for the whole of may.) :frown:
Anyway that brings me on to a suggested meeting point at the highest pub in the uk. :d meet there on saturday the 22nd may 2010 and depart on the tour 10:00 sunday 23rd
the tan hill inn. I will not bore you with the details (but will attach a link)
i have had a chat with them and they would love us to come, 10 or 40 bikes not a problem. There is some accommodation available and free camping, also if it’s tipping down or you can’t be bothered with the tent there is a strong chance of crashing out in the barn/function room. :439:
So please have a look at the site and let me have your views. Sorry about the link but it will work.
If you look at their pic's then again sorry as the only biker i saw was hog.
And don't worry about the snow! Thats just getting you ready for a scottish summer.

tan hill inn - swaledale - yorkshire dales - accommodation - holiday cottage - weddings - live music - good food - fine ales (http://www.tanhillinn.com/tan-hill-inn/swaledale/yorkshire-dales/accommodation/holiday-cottage/weddings/live-music/good-food/fine-ales/1/)

another link http://www.cumberlands-campsite.com proposed campsite in the great glen 2 nights tues / wed
just found a hostel next door that can sleep up to 60 with overspill camping £15 pppn we will be there for two nights

stravaigers lodge hostel lodgings in fort augustus, loch ness, scotland (http://www.highlandbunkhouse.co.uk/)

bump! :d

ClanKen
03-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Started packing will meet with some of you on way up past retford and show you the way [if you need it]:439:

Urrell
03-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Started packing will meet with some of you on way up past retford and show you the way [if you need it]:439:
Looks like the meeting point for us too. :wink:

Charlieharley
03-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Update.

I have been asked to answer some concerns and to point out that if this tour comes off which it very much looks like it will, It will not be a race :5EC74F3451154916B1D and the main pack will be travelling within the speed limits. There will be ample stops for food, smoke and pictures. Having said that if anyone would like to Freewheel they will as always be free to do so and night locations maps and directions will be available.

Fuel is readily available in Scotland even on Sundays. (I will have some spare hose) :D

There will be a group of us leaving from Pease Pottage Services on The Saturday morning. Route yet to be decided but most likely up the 23/25/A1M/A66. there will no doubt be several pick-up points along the route North. These will be agreed and posted nearer the date but you are not obliged to join the run North you can make your own way to Tan Hill as long as you are there ready to roll at 10:00 on Sunday morning if running with the main pack.:saythat:

Essential items to take with you. Waterproofs, sun block and Bank Card. That about covers that.
It looks like a couple of days may be wild camping so a stove and brew kit would be good but we will always be within hitting distance of Cafe / Pub.

Again I hope this covers the first round of Questions :D

:feedback:

BaZa
03-11-2009, 11:09 PM

Passports/Visas/Anti midge cream/Vaccinations/ Bureau de Change/WiFi?

:feedback:................. :439:

Mrs T
03-11-2009, 11:18 PM

Translators :feedback:

BaZa
03-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by Charlieharley http://www.harley-davidson-hangout.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.harley-davidson-hangout.com/forum/hdrcgb-sussex-coasters/77055-grand-world-tour-scotland-8.html#post727699)

Maybe Charlie can help BEFORE he has a wee dram! :wink:

Charlieharley
04-11-2009, 07:00 AM

And all of the Above are just for the Tanhill Inn and thats in Yorkshire :D :D :D

HogHog
04-11-2009, 07:07 AM

Bribe for the Border Gaurds - Bacardi Magners and used £20 notes - (Just checked the Rota - HogHog on duty that day) :D

Brigg
04-11-2009, 08:09 AM

I’m thinking of putting together a Grand World tour of Scotland to encompass the following.

A weeks camping/touring prior to and including the Wallace rally at Stirling.

Depart Sussex a.m. Saturday 15th May 2010

Saturday Night. Camping in the Lake District. TBC.
Sunday. On into Scotland and the Isle of Bute. Possibly a party BBQ with Islanders mcc 3 of whom are HDRCGB Members.. TBC.
Monday. Free day to explore the island.
Tuesday. move on upto Fort Augustus in the great glen passing The Rest and be Thankful, Loch Lomond, Glencoe Ben Nevis and Fort William.
Thursday. Head south past Aviemore and down the A9 to Stirling for the Wallace Rally. TBC.
Friday & Saturday. At the Rally with the opportunity to explore the many points of interest in the area with even Edinburgh within striking distance.

Sunday / Monday. Your choice. The home run last year I left Stirling at 1000 in the morning and was Back in Horsham before 8 in the evening.

So what I’m asking is are there any Coasters interested in the ultimate Scotland tour taking in the Lowlands, Islands and Highlands. The chance to see some of the most spectacular scenery in the world and see some of the out of the way places that tourists don’t get to.

Any Takers.

Count me in, Ive got a spare afternoon.....:wink:

Baff
04-11-2009, 08:31 AM
[quote=BaZa®;727755]Maybe Charlie can help BEFORE he has a wee dram! :wink:

:feedback:[/quote

FFS, Baza. You think we'll all get 'the ear' pretty quickly then?

Charlieharley
04-11-2009, 02:30 PM
[quote=BaZa®;727755]Maybe Charlie can help BEFORE he has a wee dram! :wink:

:feedback:[/quote

FFS, Baza. You think we'll all get 'the ear' pretty quickly then?

What ya smokin ma man. :439:

Charlieharley
04-11-2009, 10:10 PM
Just got the flyer from wee Davy.

Hi All
Please hold on before sending off for tickets. I have been in Direct contact with the Caledonia Harley Club Secretary "Davy" and tickets have already been earmarked for us. I will post full info later including a cutoff date for payment. So steady in the ranks.
Aye Charlie

Mrs T
04-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Hi All
Please hold on before sending off for tickets. I have been in Direct contact with the Caledonia Harley Club Secretary "Davy" and tickets have already been earmarked for us. I will post full info later including a cutoff date for payment. So steady in the ranks.
Aye Charlie

Bollox, just emailed them :o
Chazy Baby, 2 tickets for us pleez, not TBC but deffo :D

Charlieharley
04-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Hi All
Aye Charlie

A rolling stone gathers no shit! :60277EB7B04744289C0

Ok.
As we are scattered to the four corners of the country its a bit pointless sending me money for tickets for the Wallace Rally, for me to then send on. Therefore tickets for the rally shall remain an individual responsibility (Davy has set aside 40, for us after that its first come first served) it would be helpful and more cost effective if each area could get together and send a single payment. (Coasters and anyone else attending the Dragon we will sort this out at the next North area meet on the 18th Nov)

Send requests and payment to:

Davy Meiklejohn
Caledonia Harley Club
PO Box 20146
Stirling
FK7 0YF

Tickets do not officially go on sale until mid/late Feb 2010 but now that Davy is in the picture you can send for them anytime.

Please ensure that you mark your request HDRCGB The Grand World tour of Scotland and list the names of those club members the tickets are for as the price for club members is cheaper than the standard entry. I believe the price has been held the same as last year £20 for Members.
also enclose a self addressed stamped envelope.
I will post the cut off date for payment when I get it from Davy I will also post when the 40 tickets have gone so that any last min dot com triers can get a move on. :wink: I think that covers that however any questions feel free to contact me.
Aye Charlie

After thought Once you have book a ticket for the Wallace and are coming on the HDRCGB The Grand World tour of Scotland please let me know as confirmation of attendance and I will update the Whos who list. :D

Bute Bagger
05-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Charlie, Will be grand to see you again on the Isle of Bute , will be sure to join you for a few ale's when you are here , Lynn and I will be going to the Wallace the following weekend too, roll on the summer :) ..........Bert.

Charlieharley
05-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Charlie, Will be grand to see you again on the Isle of Bute , will be sure to join you for a few ale's when you are here , Lynn and I will be going to the Wallace the following weekend too, roll on the summer :) ..........Bert.

Hi Bert
Great to hear from you. as you can see there is a fair amount of interest in the tour and I'm already looking forward to it. I will keep in touch with you and Ian with regards to Camping and the like.
Aye Charlie

Bute Bagger
05-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Looking forward to it already my friend ........... Bert. Will have the local bars stock up on Jack D :wink:

Charlieharley
05-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Looking forward to it already my friend ........... Bert. Will have the local bars stock up on Jack D :wink:

Good to see you have the priority's right :D have sent another PM.
Aye Charlie

Charlieharley
06-11-2009, 06:47 AM
News today

You may have seen in the Who's who that names are already turning Blue, this means that they have confirmed attendance. :439:
I have received the Wallace rally booking form that you can print and use. PM me with your email address and I will send you a copy. (can't attach it here as it is too big.)
CLOSING DATE FOR TICKET SALES (IS 300 SOLD OR) 13th MAY 2010.

I have also registered this run with Help for Heroes and will be selling wristbands on the run. I personally will be chasing sponsors at 1p per sMile as I intend to cover 2010 sMiles on the run as its happening in 2010. (£20.10p max). because of the law, I cannot openly post the sponsorship form but if you would like one again PM me and I will get one to you. (It has all the relevant detail and the registration # which proves that you are collecting on behalf of H4H) These forms have space for your details so your sponsors would be sponsoring you. You are not obliged to do this :wink: but they do need our support. Thanks

THATS IT FOR NOW FOLKS
as always ride safe
Aye Charlie

cam0057@aol.com

Charlieharley
12-11-2009, 04:13 PM
The Grand World Tour of Scotland update 12 Nov 2009

Mileage and accommodation/camping.
(Camping maybe available on the Friday 21st May near Horsham)

Saturday 22nd
Yours to Tan Hill Inn ?
Pease Pottage to Tan Hill Inn 320 sMiles departing 1000hrs

Sunday 23rd
Tan Hill Inn to Wemyss Bay ferry 182 sMiles (80% A roads)
Accommodation on the Isle of Bute
Free wild camping or Rothesay B&Bs
Isle of Bute Accommodation - Isle of Bute Hotels, Isle of Bute Guest Houses, Isle of Bute Bed and Breakfast, Isle of Bute Self Catering, Cottages, Caravans, Bunkhouses (http://www.roomfinderscotland.co.uk/mapsearch.php?townid=182)
The Isle of Bute website (http://www.isle-of-bute.com)

Monday 24th
Free day to explore the island and town

Tuesday 25th
Rothesay to Fort Augustus 152 sMiles (95% A 5% B roads)
Accommodation camping Lodge
Stravaigers Lodge hostel lodgings in Fort Augustus, Loch Ness, Scotland (http://www.highlandbunkhouse.co.uk/)
www.cumberlands-campsite.com/out_about.asp

Wednesday 26th
Free day to explore the Great Glen (Isle of Sky / Inverness / Ben Nevis)

Thursday 27th
Fort Augustus to Stirling (Wallace Rally) 183 sMiles (95% A roads)
Accommodation / Camping, inclusive with rally ticket £20

Friday 28th – Saturday 29th
Wallace

Sunday 30th
Stirling to Walesby 320 sMiles (Site of the 2009 International) (85% Motorway)
Camping

Monday 31st
Walesby home / Pease Pottage 205 sMiles (95% Motorway)

Getting there Baldrick! :wink: :439:

Charlieharley
14-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Tour Itinerary:

Day 1: Saturday 22nd May 2010
From your start point? You pass from the hustle bustle of Southern / Central England into the gentle rolling countryside of Yorkshire, (Let the Fun Begin!)
As you continue north to Scotch corner (A1M) and hang a left onto the one and only UK Route 66 (well the A66 anyway). gradually climbing into the breathtaking beauty of Durham, Cumbria and back into the North Yorkshire dales. You arrive at the first night stopover and meeting place, the Tan Hill Inn (Highest Pub in the UK)

Day 2: Sunday 23rd
Breakfast and a 10 O’clock start and after a short run down the 66 we join the M6 to get us up and over the border. Then you will experience your first taste of Scotland with its hills, stunning glens, bubbling rivers and sweeping open roads. These are the lowlands. Now we can head for the coast. Taking time out for lunch in Largs and some real fish and chips (and maybe even a battered Mars Bar or a Machaggis) After lunch we continue heading NW, contouring the beautiful Firth of Clyde coastline before arriving at Wemyss Bay to catch the Ferry over the Clyde to Rothesay, on the Isle of Bute. The crossing takes about 30 mins and as you approach the pier you will be awestruck by the picturesque appearance of the Victorian water front, open promenade and the palm trees lining it, all in their summer splendour.

Day 3: Monday 24th
Today is a free day, you can do your own thing, whether its a ride around the whole island, taking in the peaceful, pure and timeless scenery of this oasis of calm, happily sitting sheltered by the Argyll peninsular and enjoying the warmth of the gulf stream or time out just to wonder around the historic town which was once the Seat favoured by Scottish Royalty and this is still enjoyed today with Prince Charles being the Duke of Rothesay. 1000 War Manorial, 1130 The Port, 1300 lunch Buffet at the Kingarth Hotel £4 per head, 1500 Mount Stuart House Photo shoot, 1830 BBQ at the Backpakers

Day 4: Tuesday 25th
Again after a hearty breakfast (Don’t FFS ask for a “full English” as you have no idea what you might end up with.) We set off at 10’ O’clock and head for the north of the island and the wee ferry, this crossing takes just a few mins, returning us to the mainland. Then we head north along quiet A & B roads, hugging the unspoilt west coast, taking in the grandeur of the Southern Highlands. you will pass secluded bays with golden sands, quaint villages and rugged terrain. Before continuing inland. The carefully selected route displays Scotland in all its glory, whilst allowing you to ride on some of the area’s most scenic and quietest roads. Highlights include the Rest and be thankful, then the shores of Loch Lomond, you will be enthralled by the sheer magnitude of Glen Coe, steeped in its bloody history. You will soon pass the breath-taking sight of the UK’s highest peak, Ben Nevis, Passing through Fort Billy and into the great glen then on up to Fort Augustus. Where we stop for two nights.

Day 5: Wednesday 26th
Another Free day. From Fort Augustus, Scotland is yours for the choosing. All within a days ride you could visit, John O’Groats or The Isle of Sky or The world famous Whisky Trail or perhaps you might fancy a day trip up Loch Ness in search of Auld Nessy herself or you may choose to explore the local area on foot or just Chillout. Whatever you chose it will be another fantastic day. 1000 Commando Monument then onto the Jacobite Monument and possibly on towards Sky

Day 6 Thursday 27th
Yes you’ve got it Breakfast and engines running at 10 O’clock. We set off East towards Inverness the Capital of the Highlands where we join the A9 south bound which takes us through the Monadhliath / Cairngorm / Grampian Mountains. Most of this run is in the magnificent twisting glens that separate these high peaks. This route will take us passed famous place names the like of Culloden Aviemore, Fuel and distillery tour hereDalwinnie, the Bridge of Allan, Perth and then onto the M9 for a short jump down to Wallace country and Stirling.

Day 7 Friday 28th – Day 8 Saturday 29th
The Wallace Rally (I’m sure this part needs no explaining.)

Day 9 Sunday 30th
Unfortunately all good things must come to an end. But hold on not quite! For
those wanting to break the run south I have sorted Freecamping at Walesby
(The site of the 2009 international)

Day 10 Bank holiday Monday 31st

The Home run.

Realbark
14-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Tour Itinerary:

Day 1: Saturday 22nd May 2010
From your start point? You pass from the hustle bustle of Southern / Central England into the gentle rolling countryside of Yorkshire, (Let the Fun Begin!)
As you continue north to Scotch corner (A1M) and hang a left onto the one and only UK Route 66 (well the A66 anyway). gradually climbing into the breathtaking beauty of Durham, Cumbria and back into the North Yorkshire dales. You arrive at the first night stopover and meeting place, the Tan Hill Inn (Highest Pub in the UK)

Day 2: Sunday 23rd
Breakfast and a 10 O’clock start and after a short run down the 66 we join the M6 to get us up and over the border. Then you will experience your first taste of Scotland with its hills, stunning glens, bubbling rivers and sweeping open roads. These are the lowlands. Now we can head for the coast. Taking time out for lunch in Largs and some real fish and chips (and maybe even a battered Mars Bar or a Machaggis) After lunch we continue heading NW, contouring the beautiful Firth of Clyde coastline before arriving at Wemyss Bay to catch the Ferry over the Clyde to Rothesay, on the Isle of Bute. The crossing takes about 30 mins and as you approach the pier you will be awestruck by the picturesque appearance of the Victorian water front, open promenade and the palm trees lining it, all in their summer splendour.

Day 3: Monday 24th
Today is a free day, you can do your own thing, whether its a ride around the whole island, taking in the peaceful, pure and timeless scenery of this oasis of calm, happily sitting sheltered by the Argyll peninsular and enjoying the warmth of the gulf stream or time out just to wonder around the historic town which was once the Seat favoured by Scottish Royalty and this is still enjoyed today with Prince Charles being the Duke of Rothesay.

Day 4: Tuesday 25th
Again after a hearty breakfast (Don’t FFS ask for a “full English” as you have no idea what you might end up with.) We set off at 10’ O’clock and head for the north of the island and the wee ferry, this crossing takes just a few mins, returning us to the mainland. Then we head north along quiet A & B roads, hugging the unspoilt west coast, taking in the grandeur of the Southern Highlands. you will pass secluded bays with golden sands, quaint villages and rugged terrain. Before continuing inland. The carefully selected route displays Scotland in all its glory, whilst allowing you to ride on some of the area’s most scenic and quietest roads. Highlights include the Rest and be thankful, then the shores of Loch Lomond, you will be enthralled by the sheer magnitude of Glen Coe, steeped in its bloody history. You will soon pass the breath-taking sight of the UK’s highest peak, Ben Nevis, Passing through Fort Billy and into the great glen then on up to Fort Augustus. Where we stop for two nights.

Day 5: Wednesday 26th
Another Free day. From Fort Augustus, Scotland is yours for the choosing. All within a days ride you could visit, John O’Groats or The Isle of Sky or The world famous Whisky Trail or perhaps you might fancy a day trip up Loch Ness in search of Auld Nessy herself or you may choose to explore the local area on foot or just Chillout. Whatever you chose it will be another fantastic day.

Day 6 Thursday 27th
Yes you’ve got it Breakfast and engines running at 10 O’clock. We set off East towards Inverness the Capital of the Highlands where we join the A9 south bound which takes us through the Monadhliath / Cairngorm / Grampian Mountains. Most of this run is in the magnificent twisting glens that separate these high peaks. This route will take us passed famous place names the like of Culloden Aviemore, Dalwinnie, the Bridge of Allan, Perth and then onto the M9 for a short jump down to Wallace country and Stirling.

Day 7 Friday 28th – Day 8 Saturday 29th
The Wallace Rally (I’m sure this part needs no explaining.)

Day 9 Sunday 30th
Unfortunately all good things must come to an end. But hold on not quite! For
those wanting to break the run south I have sorted camping at Walesby
(The site of the 2009 international)

Day 10 Bank holiday Monday 31st

The Home run.

Looks fantastic. Roll on May! :D

Urrell
14-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Time to start booking any comfy overnight accommodation :439:

Think Ill give Walesby a miss as only 20 miles from home at that point. :wink:

Roll on May :169B9ADF431545348BC

drunkenmonky
14-11-2009, 07:56 PM
just wanted 2 b the 100th post :o

Urrell
14-11-2009, 08:07 PM
just wanted 2 b the 100th post :o:RockOn - not mine:

Charlieharley
14-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Time to start booking any comfy overnight accommodation :439:

Think Ill give Walesby a miss as only 20 miles from home at that point. :wink:

Roll on May :169B9ADF431545348BC

Urrell wait out as i have snail mail out there to accommodation, just waiting for replys.

Charlieharley
14-11-2009, 09:30 PM
tour itinerary:

day 1: Saturday 22nd may 2010
from your start point? You pass from the hustle bustle of southern / central england into the gentle rolling countryside of yorkshire, (let the fun begin!)
as you continue north to scotch corner (a1m) and hang a left onto the one and only uk route 66 (well the a66 anyway). Gradually climbing into the breathtaking beauty of durham, cumbria and back into the north yorkshire dales. You arrive at the first night stopover and meeting place, the tan hill inn (highest pub in the uk)

day 2: Sunday 23rd
breakfast and a 10 o’clock start and after a short run down the 66 we join the m6 to get us up and over the border. Then you will experience your first taste of scotland with its hills, stunning glens, bubbling rivers and sweeping open roads. These are the lowlands. Now we can head for the coast. Taking time out for lunch in largs and some real fish and chips (and maybe even a battered mars bar or a machaggis) after lunch we continue heading nw, contouring the beautiful firth of clyde coastline before arriving at wemyss bay to catch the ferry over the clyde to rothesay, on the isle of bute. The crossing takes about 30 mins and as you approach the pier you will be awestruck by the picturesque appearance of the victorian water front, open promenade and the palm trees lining it, all in their summer splendour.

day 3: Monday 24th
today is a free day, you can do your own thing, whether its a ride around the whole island, taking in the peaceful, pure and timeless scenery of this oasis of calm, happily sitting sheltered by the argyll peninsular and enjoying the warmth of the gulf stream or time out just to wonder around the historic town which was once the seat favoured by scottish royalty and this is still enjoyed today with prince charles being the duke of rothesay.

day 4: Tuesday 25th
again after a hearty breakfast (don’t ffs ask for a “full english” as you have no idea what you might end up with.) we set off at 10’ o’clock and head for the north of the island and the wee ferry, this crossing takes just a few mins, returning us to the mainland. Then we head north along quiet a & b roads, hugging the unspoilt west coast, taking in the grandeur of the southern highlands. You will pass secluded bays with golden sands, quaint villages and rugged terrain. Before continuing inland. The carefully selected route displays scotland in all its glory, whilst allowing you to ride on some of the area’s most scenic and quietest roads. Highlights include the rest and be thankful, then the shores of loch lomond, you will be enthralled by the sheer magnitude of glen coe, steeped in its bloody history. You will soon pass the breath-taking sight of the uk’s highest peak, ben nevis, passing through fort billy and into the great glen then on up to fort augustus. Where we stop for two nights.

day 5: Wednesday 26th
another free day. From fort augustus, scotland is yours for the choosing. All within a days ride you could visit, john o’groats or the isle of sky or the world famous whisky trail or perhaps you might fancy a day trip up loch ness in search of auld nessy herself or you may choose to explore the local area on foot or just chillout. Whatever you chose it will be another fantastic day.

day 6 Thursday 27th
yes you’ve got it breakfast and engines running at 10 o’clock. We set off east towards inverness the capital of the highlands where we join the a9 south bound which takes us through the monadhliath / cairngorm / grampian mountains. Most of this run is in the magnificent twisting glens that separate these high peaks. This route will take us passed famous place names the like of culloden aviemore, dalwinnie, the bridge of allan, perth and then onto the m9 for a short jump down to wallace country and stirling.

day 7 Friday 28th – day 8 Saturday 29th
the wallace rally (i’m sure this part needs no explaining.)

day 9 Sunday 30th
unfortunately all good things must come to an end. But hold on not quite! For
those wanting to break the run south i have sorted camping at walesby
(the site of the 2009 international)

day 10 bank holiday Monday 31st

the home run.

bump! Now!

ClanKen
16-11-2009, 07:17 PM
looking good Charles keep up the good work :60277EB7B04744289C0

Charlieharley
16-11-2009, 07:44 PM
looking good Charles keep up the good work :60277EB7B04744289C0

Thanks Ken Aye it looks like a good plan, the finer details will fall into place as the dark winter nights pass us by but to tell you the truth I'm already looking forward to it with a passion. Not just because for me its a home run but that its pulling club members together from all over for will be a fantastic "Old school" run. :439:
Aye Charlie

ps I have had several other members stating an interest but cannot commit to it yet. Gentle reminder to everyone we only have 40 reserved tickets for the Wallace and they are going fast, by my reckoning about half have gone already, thereafter its "first come first served".

PeteJ
16-11-2009, 07:54 PM
I have sent off my Wallace Ticket Form, stamped addressed envelope and cheque a few days ago. Thought it best to get in there quickly.

Charlieharley
16-11-2009, 07:59 PM
I have sent off my Wallace Ticket Form, stamped addressed envelope and cheque a few days ago. Thought it best to get in there quickly.

Sorted Pete it was not a nudge for those who have asked for booking forms already as I said ticket sales begin mid Feb but Davy will accept ours now. It was more for the wall sitters who just need a push now and again :D
Aye Charlie

telboy
18-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Got our tickets today :439: :439:

ClanKen
18-11-2009, 07:40 PM
got our tickets today :439: :439:

lucky chap,might get mine 2moro :439:

Urrell
18-11-2009, 08:12 PM
lucky chap,might get mine 2moro :439:
Nar - Mine being delivered tomorrow :wink:

Dan's got a 6 month suspense waiting for the mail :439:

Charlieharley
19-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Just got email from Davy at Cally as of tonight 10 tickets sold to TGWToS HDRCGB Riders. Remember there are only 40 earmarked but at the end of the day pre-booked to a Scot means paid for.:wink: :439:

Ps; If you can let me know when you get your tickets I will turn you Red on the Whos Who. :D
Aye Charlie

Baff
19-11-2009, 10:31 PM
Got mine (# 4) today, so Chas, you can change my name from BA to Baff and make me red if I'm not already.

Yes, for those not already in the know, I too am world touring Scottishlands come May-time. Someone's gotta keep Ken on the straight & narrow.

And I want to see who it's going to be. :wink:

BaZa
19-11-2009, 10:38 PM
We have won the biggest turnout at this rally for many years and to give other clubs a chance they have last year decided to class us as regions! To give other clubs a chance of winning.

Never mind we know ourselves that we WILL BE THE MOST PEOPLE FROM ONE CLUB. :439:

Party on friends.......... :439:

Bit like 'Centrum we always win the free beers there as well. :D

Charlieharley
19-11-2009, 10:47 PM
We have won the biggest turnout at this rally for many years and to give other clubs a chance they have last year decided to class us as regions! To give other clubs a chance of winning.

Never mind we know ourselves that we WILL BE THE MOST PEOPLE FROM ONE CLUB. :439:

Party on friends.......... :439:

Bit like 'Centrum we always win the free beers there as well. :D

Well Now strange that we are all coasters this year :9399D3F58B324EE1B68 would we :wink:
Aye Charlie

BaZa
19-11-2009, 10:51 PM
Well Now strange that we are all coasters this year :9399D3F58B324EE1B68 would we :wink:
Aye Charlie

We have done that before a Chas?......LOL

Whoever does this trip wherever they are from says at the tent booking in they are region 18 the touring/eating Coasters. :wink:

Then we will receive the whisky and the...... http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:Jdv0Sby_2pa2uM:http://pewtercollectables.org/images/categories/Med%2520PQ501.jpg (http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://pewtercollectables.org/images/categories/Med%2520PQ501.jpg&imgrefurl=http://pewtercollectables.org/index.php%3Fmain_page%3Dindex%26cPath%3D54_59&usg=__5aTOUD1rV7iEg5i_LU06jZO3yRk=&h=283&w=283&sz=59&hl=en&start=2&um=1&tbnid=Jdv0Sby_2pa2uM:&tbnh=114&tbnw=114&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dscottish%2Bdrinking%2Bfriendship%2Bgl ass%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1)....... The Quaich............Scottish Cup of Friendship

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/Baza/The%20Wallace%20Rally%202005/Pict0024.jpg

ClanKen
20-11-2009, 07:43 PM
:169B9ADF431545348BCgot my ticket today ,put me in the red :169B9ADF431545348BC

Charlieharley
20-11-2009, 08:06 PM
:169B9ADF431545348BCgot my ticket today ,put me in the red :169B9ADF431545348BC

Your Red ma Man :D
Aye Charlie

Realbark
20-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Got mine (# 4) today, so Chas, you can change my name from BA to Baff and make me red if I'm not already.

Yes, for those not already in the know, I too am world touring Scottishlands come May-time. Someone's gotta keep Ken on the straight & narrow.

And I want to see who it's going to be. :wink:

Mine arrived today. Colour me red. Somebody has to keep an eye on you and Ken and i will take that on as part of my good citizen programme for 2010. :A:

Baff
20-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Mine arrived today. Colour me red. Somebody has to keep an eye on Ken and i will take that on

Wooooooooooohooooooooooooo. Ken's nanny has stepped up to the plate. :p

....i will take that on as part of my good citizen programme for 2010. :A:

And they were only saying on the news tonight that ASBOs don't work. How many hours did you get, Tony? :wink:

ClanKen
21-11-2009, 09:14 AM
[quote=Baff;731645]Wooooooooooohooooooooooooo. Ken's nanny has stepped up to the plate.

would have to be quick to any plate to beat you ,you greedy git:169B9ADF431545348BC

Charlieharley
21-11-2009, 03:36 PM
[quote=Baff;731645]Wooooooooooohooooooooooooo. Ken's nanny has stepped up to the plate.

would have to be quick to any plate to beat you ,you greedy git:169B9ADF431545348BC

Hi Kenny
just added to the itinerary "Prospect Terrace, Ballochgoy, Rothesay, Bute") just so you will feel at home. :D
Aye Charlie

ClanKen
21-11-2009, 04:48 PM
[quote=clan ken;731686]

Hi Kenny
just added to the itinerary "Prospect Terrace, Ballochgoy, Rothesay, Bute") just so you will feel at home. :D
Aye Charlie

i need a translator for that one :60277EB7B04744289C0

Charlieharley
24-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Just to keep you all on your toes, what is the name of this castle and which film did it appear in, "there can be only one" correct answer. :wink:

There will be a number of these trivia questions between now and May and the first to post the correct answer will receive one point. I will keep the score. My answer is correct No debate, No discussion. The Rider with the Top score who comes on the run will get a prize at The Wallace.

vincent
24-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Eilean Donan Castle from the film 'Highlander' starring Christopher Lambert and Sean Connery.

Vince

Charlieharley
24-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Eilean Donan Castle from the film 'Highlander' starring Christopher Lambert and Sean Connery.

Vince

Kin L Vince "it of a shovel" or what :wink: First Point to Vince. :D No Bonus for knowing who starred in it smart arse :D

Aye Charlie

The Eilean Donan Castle sits in Loch Duich by the side of the A87 on the road to the Isle of Skye an easy ride from Fort Augustus.

twoskips
24-11-2009, 06:28 PM
yippee.....Wallace ticket just arrived, turn me red please Charlie:439:

Charlieharley
24-11-2009, 06:31 PM
yippee.....Wallace ticket just arrived, turn me red please Charlie:439:

Will Do Glad your with us. Keep an eye out for more trivia questions :wink:
Aye Charlie

Fearghas
24-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Just a few words of advice on how to deal with the worst thing imaginable: The Scottish Midge. NO fancy, foreign anti-mosquito stuff seems to work, and the secret and favoured potion used in Scotland is - believe it or not - Avon's "Skin So Soft". It's an oily spray, and believe me it works. It keeps those midges (could be millions of 'em, clouds of 'em just appear - they love tents and beards). Midges can and will ruin a night. You can't buy it locally, apart from overpriced tourist gift shops sometimes, so I would heartily recommend every one going on the Grand World Tour of Scotland to get hold of a bottle of it. This sounds daft, but it's the stuff to use and it works.

Avon. Skin So Soft. Plenty time to source it: you'll be glad you did.

Baff
24-11-2009, 08:09 PM
J NO fancy, foreign anti-mosquito stuff seems to work, and the secret and favoured potion used in Scotland is - believe it or not - Avon's "Skin So Soft". It's an oily spray, and believe me it works. It keeps those midges (could be millions of 'em, clouds of 'em just appear - they love tents and beards). This sounds daft, but it's the stuff to use and it works.

Avon. Skin So Soft. Plenty time to source it: you'll be glad you did.

Luckily I use it already. I know it works cos I put it on my arse & I've never had a midge near it :D

Now I've just gotta find something I can use to keep those feckin Horseflies off.

Commander Zero
25-11-2009, 09:03 AM
there are two bottles wans silver an the other is blue. A hink the blue bottle is fur the lowland midgie they just prick awae at yir skin an suck yir blood (female midgie) an the silver bottle is fur the highland midgie they wee bastards wear cramp-ons over thier boots and cerrie chainsaws :439:
there's good chance yill naw be bothered by the buggers anywae cause if we hiv a cauld winter they'll be awe deed untill july. :D

Charlieharley
25-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Ok Next Trivia question; You are stood on the side of Ben Nevis at the same altitude above sea level as the Tan Hill Inn :redface: how much further must you climb (in Altitude) to reach the summit?

Answer in Feet please.

I said the first one was easy. :wink:

Bilbo
25-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Ok Next Trivia question; You are stood on the side of Ben Nevis at the same altitude above sea level as the Tan Hill Inn :redface: how much further must you climb (in Altitude) to reach the summit?

Answer in Feet please.

2638 feet.

Urrell
25-11-2009, 01:42 PM

Answer in Feet please.

That must be 2716 feet :D

Mrs T
25-11-2009, 01:45 PM
2,677 feet Aye :wink:

Urrell
25-11-2009, 01:48 PM
2,677 feet Aye :wink:

I hate to say it but I think you just gained a point :mad:

Mrs T
25-11-2009, 01:57 PM
I hate to say it but I think you just gained a point :mad:

We'll see, but Vince is gonna win, cos he knows everything:cool:

Charlieharley
25-11-2009, 02:24 PM
We'll see, but Vince is gonna win, cos he knows everything:cool:

Yes. but not this time. you just got the point. :D

Mrs T
25-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Yes. but not this time. you just got the point. :D

Can Tel have my point? :smile:

And before anyone starts-keep it clean :p

Charlieharley
25-11-2009, 02:28 PM
2638 feet.

Good try but out by 39ft :439:

Charlieharley
25-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Can Tel have my point? :smile:

And before anyone starts-keep it clean :p

No! but if it had been Tel logged in as you he could have, therefore I take it I'm still waiting for the right answer? :D

Bilbo
25-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Good try but out by 39ft :439:
So was Nick (Urrell). :wink:.

telboy
25-11-2009, 03:04 PM
2677 feet

Mrs T
25-11-2009, 03:06 PM
2677 feet

Well done poppitt :D

Charlieharley
25-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Well done poppitt :D

Easy :439: I had already put the point against Tels name. :wink: :439: Well done Telboy LOL.

Charlieharley
25-11-2009, 03:12 PM
So was Nick (Urrell). :wink:.

Spot on so he was. My next question should be "What is with the 39 steps, I mean feet" :439:

Bilbo
25-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Spot on so he was. My next question should be "What is with the 39 steps, I mean feet" :439:
Ha ha! You figure it out! :wink:

Fearghas
25-11-2009, 04:34 PM
there are two bottles wans silver an the other is blue. A hink the blue bottle is fur the lowland midgie they just prick awae at yir skin an suck yir blood (female midgie) an the silver bottle is fur the highland midgie they wee bastards wear cramp-ons over thier boots and cerrie chainsaws :439:
there's good chance yill naw be bothered by the buggers anywae cause if we hiv a cauld winter they'll be awe deed untill july. :D

Good points. An if we hae a cauld May (whit's the chance o that???) ye'll all need tae kit yer bikes oot in special Scottish Spring Collection riding gear...liiiiike... :drums: .....

......THIS:

http://www.harley-davidson-hangout.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/2284/size/big/cat/500 (http://www.harley-davidson-hangout.com/forum/../gallery/showphoto.php/photo/2284/size/big/cat/500)

Urrell
25-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Good points. An if we hae a cauld May (whit's the chance o that???) ye'll all need tae kit yer bikes oot in special Scottish Spring Collection riding gear...liiiiike... :drums: .....

......THIS:

http://www.harley-davidson-hangout.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/2284/size/big/cat/500 (http://www.harley-davidson-hangout.com/forum/../gallery/showphoto.php/photo/2284/size/big/cat/500)

Ah, Thats loverly :9399D3F58B324EE1B68

Charlieharley
25-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Ah, Thats loverly :9399D3F58B324EE1B68

Already packed my WWW and it has nothing to do with the web. :D

Urrell
25-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Already packed my WWW and it has nothing to do with the web. :D
http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_430xN.116153.jpg

Charlieharley
26-11-2009, 07:10 AM
http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_430xN.116153.jpg

Just like mine "only one eye" :D

Charlieharley
26-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Hi All

There will be a number of these trivia questions between now and May (This is number 3 thats why it says Q3 below :439:) and the first to post the correct answer will receive one point. I will keep the score. My answer is correct No debate, No discussion. :wink:The Rider with the Top score who comes on the run will get a prize at The Wallace

Q3
There are generally three points of view but together the problem is often triumphed over. What are we looking at the answer is a posted picture?

Mrs T
26-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Tel says

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:vrW34RecL34wtM:http://www.gcsescience.com/Solar-System.gif (http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.gcsescience.com/Solar-System.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.gcsescience.com/pun3.htm&usg=__gbAQjaakk32PCQsd48r0r1Fi4CA=&h=569&w=657&sz=27&hl=en&start=9&sig2=KpeZxWpSpSUjOofk8aewcg&itbs=1&tbnid=vrW34RecL34wtM:&tbnh=120&tbnw=138&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsolar%2Bsystem%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den&ei=9sgOS-W5J86vjAeDnuWLBA)

Urrell
26-11-2009, 07:07 PM
http://www.yenra.com/catholic/prayers/holy-cross.jpg

Charlieharley
26-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Tel says

NO!

[QUOTE=Urrell;732923]http://www.yenra.com/catholic/prayers/holy-cross.jpg

No Picture

Charlieharley
26-11-2009, 11:18 PM
Hi All

There will be a number of these trivia questions between now and May (This is number 3 thats why it says Q3 below :439:) and the first to post the correct answer will receive one point. I will keep the score. My answer is correct No debate, No discussion. :wink:The Rider with the Top score who comes on the run will get a prize at The Wallace

Q3
There are generally three points of view but together the problem is often triumphed over. What are we looking at the answer is a posted picture?

Bump this one too hard then?

Urrell
26-11-2009, 11:23 PM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t23/Urrell_album/Cross.jpg

Charlieharley
26-11-2009, 11:27 PM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t23/Urrell_album/Cross.jpg

Nice thought but not the right one. Keep thinking! Looking!
Aye Charlie

Urrell
26-11-2009, 11:44 PM
http://www.harley-davidson-hangout.com/forum/avatars/hdrcgb-%20charlieharley.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1258468719

Charlieharley
26-11-2009, 11:47 PM
http://www.harley-davidson-hangout.com/forum/avatars/hdrcgb-%20charlieharley.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1258468719

You off route now. you were on the right road with your first guess :439:
Aye Charlie

Urrell
27-11-2009, 12:08 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2488/3784386488_3a88534751.jpg

:439:

vincent
27-11-2009, 04:17 AM
Maybe this?

telboy
27-11-2009, 12:47 PM
is it this one,Ben Tee the first climb in the scottish 3 peaks challenge??
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/70/Ben_Tee_from_Sron_na_Coire_Ghairbh.jpg/800px-Ben_Tee_from_Sron_na_Coire_Ghairbh.jpg

Charlieharley
27-11-2009, 12:57 PM
All great answers but all wrong so far.
Great to know you are all still looking.

clue

Q3
There are generally three points of view but together the problem is often triumphed over. What are we looking at the answer is a posted picture? :439:

Urrell
27-11-2009, 01:06 PM
As the Actress said to the Bishop ...........................

Fleetway
27-11-2009, 01:47 PM
just got the latest HOG Mag, and it appears they are touring the West Coast of Scotland and Skye the same week!!

Charlieharley
27-11-2009, 02:11 PM
just got the latest HOG Mag, and it appears they are touring the West Coast of Scotland and Skye the same week!!

Thats Cool we may see them on the road :tongue: but its unlikely we will be stopping in the same Five Star Hotels! However if we are we can always show them how true Gentlemen and Ladies of the road behave. :439:
Aye Charlie

Baff
27-11-2009, 02:37 PM

Thats Cool we may see them on the road :tongue: but its unlikely we will be stopping in the same Five Star Hotels! However if we are we can always show them how true Gentlemen and Ladies of the road behave. :439:
Aye Charlie

It's time for me to come clean. I'm a HOGgie 5th columnist. My HOGgie compatriots & I are going to ruin your trip to Scottishlands (oop North) by booking all the B&Bs, buying all the camp sites, and bribing the Scottishland Constabulary Force/Service (motto: We exist to serve the people of Scottishlands against the Sassanach oppressors) to follow you wherever you ride, booking the lead rider every few miles for enticing the following riders to break speed limits, until you're all license-less.

We only got that last idea since Baza posted about it. WTG Baza :wink:

We've also convinced the Scottish Parliament to introduce new laws making riding HDs without dayglo attire punishable by three days listening to the screech of bagpipes, with no time off for good behaviour.

LONG LIVE HOGgies

Charlieharley
27-11-2009, 02:49 PM
It's time for me to come clean. I'm a HOGgie 5th columnist. My HOGgie compatriots & I are going to ruin your trip to Scottishlands (oop North) by booking all the B&Bs, buying all the camp sites, and bribing the Scottishland Constabulary Force/Service (motto: We exist to serve the people of Scottishlands against the Sassanach oppressors) to follow you wherever you ride, booking the lead rider every few miles for enticing the following riders to break speed limits, until you're all license-less.

We only got that last idea since Baza posted about it. WTG Baza :wink:

We've also convinced the Scottish Parliament to introduce new laws making riding HDs without dayglo attire punishable by three days listening to the screech of bagpipes, with no time off for good behaviour.

LONG LIVE HOGgies

Hi BAFF. just keep taking the medication stay away from sharp objects and you should be fine. :wink:

Mrs T
27-11-2009, 04:10 PM

clue

Q3
There are generally three points of view but together the problem is often triumphed over. What are we looking at the answer is a posted picture? :439:

Nope still not got it :redface:

ClanKen
27-11-2009, 09:01 PM
http://www.evlplastics.com/Triumph-logo-forside.jpg

if thats wrong its better than yours i bet

Urrell
27-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Q3
There are generally three points together the problem is triumph over. What are we looking at the answer is a posted picture? :439:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/gpcmotorcyclegearstore/SIagvvSoJNI/AAAAAAAAAGQ/oz9MqqUIXng/triumphbonneville50anniversary%5B6%5D.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qoBrhCkYpVQ/SOAJYy6CLdI/AAAAAAAAATo/DRDROlhYIqo/s400/woman+with+3+boobs.jpg

Mrs T
27-11-2009, 10:39 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qoBrhCkYpVQ/SOAJYy6CLdI/AAAAAAAAATo/DRDROlhYIqo/s400/woman+with+3+boobs.jpg

weirdo :tongue: :D

Charlieharley
27-11-2009, 10:57 PM

clue

Q3

together = United / we = we / triumphed over = conquer

No Point awarded.

Next Question. Q4 Where will you step back in time only to spend 20p for what used to cost 1d?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ /_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _

Charlieharley
27-11-2009, 11:05 PM

Cheers Dave is this the one you meant?

If anyone is feeling flush or would just like to see what Bull shit looks like :A: have a look at this one;

http://www.peakriders.co.uk/10%20Calendars/pdfs/Scotland2010booking.pdf

Urrell
27-11-2009, 11:25 PM
If anyone is feeling flush or would just like to see what Bull shit looks like :A: have a look at this one;

Wow what an itinerary :tongue:

Realbark
27-11-2009, 11:36 PM
Look - we havent even gone yet and were getting quizzed on all sorts of trivia. On the run will we have to answer questions to put our tents up, sleep on tables or order at the bar? No one told me scotland was like this........ At this rate ill have a Wallace ticket for sale in January :wink:

Commander Zero
28-11-2009, 12:10 AM
Hope yi don't mind me jumpin intae a coaster thread Charlie..:wink: but FFS I was/am effin gobsmaked at the attached hyperlink. Is that for real...an effin release notice...christ all mighty :9399D3F58B324EE1B68 they'll be dain risk assesments next.

Realbark
28-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Hope yi don't mind me jumpin intae a coaster thread Charlie..:wink: but FFS I was/am effin gobsmaked at the attached hyperlink. Is that for real...an effin release notice...christ all mighty :9399D3F58B324EE1B68 they'll be dain risk assesments next.

I hadnt looked at the link til Cmdr Zero asked - if it is real, my god! I wouldnt wanna play with them boys not ever. Disclaimers are one thing (not that I would sign one) but 86.00 PPPN B&B. Now i will have a night or two in a b and b on the world tour but WTF happened to the spirit of "easyrider" (they cant ALL be over 70! Or can they?) :A:

Mrs T
28-11-2009, 06:18 AM
Cheers Dave is this the one you meant?

Bugger, missed the cut off date :o :D :D

Charlieharley
28-11-2009, 07:21 AM
Just knew we would get round to risk assessments eventually for those concerned please read on. :D

Tour Risk Assessment

Location / Area: Scotland

Date: 281109 Completed by: Some Sad Fooker

Hazard Risk Likelihood What control measures are in force

Mechanical H Unlikely AA/RAC/Green Flag Full recovery Cover

Realbark
Attending L V likely Do not let associate with general public
Keep away from animals
Feed at arms length
Never enter cage or tent unaccompanied

Fire M Unlikely Run Away

Trips & falls M Likely Don’t Drink to much

Working Alone L Likely Wear boxing gloves or bring a partner

Camping L Unlikely Talk in a deep voice and don’t wear chaps

Exposure M Unlikely If you catch the fooker take to nearest
Bar & Name and shame

Theft L Unlikely Look Big & mean, come on who’s going to
steal from a Big Hairy arsed Biker

Insolvency L Unlikely Remember you bank/credit card

At the end of the day it will get dark because common scene says it must or we’re all Fooked. :wink:

Charlieharley
28-11-2009, 07:27 AM
Next Question.
Q4 Where will you step back in time only to spend 20p for what used to cost 1d?
_ _ c t _ _ _ _ n / T _ _ _ _ t _ /_ _ t _ _ s _ _ / _ _ _ r

Charlieharley
28-11-2009, 07:31 AM

Hi Kenny
You do know that its not ours, has nothing to do with us and the only disclaimer I will be using on our tour will be (It's no ma round!) :439: but as you can see above I have done a risk assessment for you.:wink:

Mrs T
28-11-2009, 07:43 AM
Next Question.
Q4 Where will you step back in time only to spend 20p for what used to cost 1d?
_ _ c t _ _ _ _ n / T _ _ _ _ t _ /_ _ t _ _ s _ _ / _ _ _ r

Tel says :wink:

Victorian Toilets Rothesay Tour

Aye

Charlieharley
28-11-2009, 08:01 AM

Victorian Toilets Rothesay Tour

Aye

Oh so very close :wink:

Mrs T
28-11-2009, 08:13 AM
Victorian Toilets Rothesay Pier

Charlieharley
28-11-2009, 08:41 AM
Victorian Toilets Rothesay Pier

Yip Point to Telboy

Fleetway
28-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Thought that might raise a few laughs!!

Charlieharley
28-11-2009, 09:05 AM
Q5

The "Other Tour" are spending two nights somewhere. WHY?

The answer needs to be two pictures one of the phone box on location and one of a man. and the alternative names for both the man and the location. :D

Charlieharley
28-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Thought that might raise a few laughs!!

Your not wrong. Not just laughs but also the question by pm when do we need to sign this and get it back to you??????? :439:

Stay in the loop David.

Aye Charlie

Mrs T
28-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Q5

The "Other Tour" are spending two nights somewhere. WHY?

The answer needs to be two pictures one of the phone box on location and one of a man. and the alternative names for both the man and the location. :D
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/maggie/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png
So than can tour around :wink:

Johnny Matheson-Lochcarron Man(note that unlike 'the other tour', i have spelled Lochcarron correctly) :wink:

The phone box with a view

Charlieharley
28-11-2009, 10:11 AM
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/maggie/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png
So than can tour around :wink:

Johnny Matheson-Lochcarron Man(note that unlike 'the other tour', i have spelled Lochcarron correctly) :wink:

The phone box with a view

Only Kidding Telboy another point added :439:

Fleetway
28-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Your not wrong. Not just laughs but also the question by pm when do we need to sign this and get it back to you???????

Stay in the loop David.

Aye Charlie

I really wanted to do your tour, but I'm working both weekends either end of it. Looking at that form, I certainly would'nt want to do the other!!

Charlieharley
29-11-2009, 04:43 PM
What is the name of this road and why was it so called?

ClanKen
29-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Have you turned into bamber gascoin soft lad :439:

Charlieharley
29-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Have you turned into bamber gascoin soft lad :439:

Hi Mate
Not at all but I thought it would keep the thread alive and give those real riders an insight into what to expect on the run, as to find the answer you have to search the web and all the questions are on or very near the route.
OK. and there is a prize for the top score. :wink:
Aye Charlie

Charlieharley
29-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Hi Ken
Just checked your score = 0 zero Nada nothing fook all. Don't drink then? not interested in a bottle of the finest??? :wink: :439: :D

Mrs T
29-11-2009, 06:20 PM
What is the name of this road and why was it so called?

Tel says
Bealach na ba-pass of the cattle-its was a cattle pass

Charlieharley
29-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Tel says
Bealach na ba-pass of the cattle-its was a cattle pass

Good answer but not the right one. :439: one of the highest road in Scotland A896

Stuarty
29-11-2009, 06:40 PM
CH,

Are these questions only for the non-locals?:)

Jist askin like................

Charlieharley
29-11-2009, 06:47 PM
CH,

Are these questions only for the non-locals?:)

Jist askin like................

Na Stuarty
Anyone, but leave it a bit to give all a chance to look and search the web or we're defeating the object which is to give those going on the Tour an insight into the splendor and glory they can expect on the run. However you can always pose a question by PM to me with the answer you expect and I will post it.
Aye Charlie

Mrs T
29-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Tel's stumped :wink: :o

Charlieharley
29-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Tel's stumped :wink: :o

Have a rest and think about it!

Mrs T
29-11-2009, 08:32 PM
it's the A83 between Arrochar and The Rest And Be Thankful, which is the highest point of the A83 -hence when you get to the top-rest and be thankful

Charlieharley
29-11-2009, 08:38 PM
it's the A83 between Arrochar and The Rest And Be Thankful, which is the highest point of the A83 -hence when you get to the top-rest and be thankful

Easy another point for tel. I best start writing his name on the vintage bottle of _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Urrell
29-11-2009, 10:04 PM
You sure Tel is not your imaginary friend? :wink:

Charlieharley
29-11-2009, 10:18 PM
You sure Tel is not your imaginary friend? :wink:

"Tel" you what! imaginary or not he has a ticket for the Wallace and is well in front with 4 points.
Did I mention there is a prize for the top score. :439:

Realbark
29-11-2009, 11:21 PM

About every third post :wink:

Urrell
30-11-2009, 12:04 AM
"Tel" you what! imaginary or not he has a ticket for the Wallace and is well in front with 4 points.

Better befriend Tel myself then :)

Mrs T
30-11-2009, 06:16 AM
Better befriend Tel myself then :)

He can be your friend, but just remember he's my best friend :wink:

Urrell
30-11-2009, 06:19 AM

Ah thats nice :smile:

PeteJ
30-11-2009, 06:26 AM
Ahhhh I was about topost A83 but took too long for the picture to appear on this slowwwwwwww connection.

Urrell
30-11-2009, 06:52 AM
easy another point for tel. I best start writing his name on the vintage bottle of l e m o n a d e

:439: :439: :439:

Charlieharley
30-11-2009, 06:57 AM
Q6
OK. An easy point up for grabs here today "ANDY". :439:

Urrell
30-11-2009, 06:58 AM
Q6
OK. An easy point up for grabs here today "ANDY". :439:
St Andrews Day :439:

Urrell
30-11-2009, 06:59 AM
I was going to say "Pandy" :redface:

Charlieharley
30-11-2009, 07:03 AM
I was going to say "Pandy" :redface:

I did say it was an easy one and "Tel" will still be in bed :wink:
Point added Nick.

Urrell
30-11-2009, 07:05 AM
I did say it was an easy one and "Tel" will still be in bed :wink:
Point added Nick.
:bananen_smilies070:

Charlieharley
30-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Q7
Ok! So the easy question has gone. Now there was another Scotsman called Andrew of fame in Scottish history who is often overlooked but as we are going to the Rally perhaps we should know who he was. :D

Bilbo
30-11-2009, 09:24 AM
That would be Andrew de Moray, who fought with William Wallace at the battle of Stirling.

Old_Bob
30-11-2009, 10:01 AM

I reckon this was written by Tel, logged on as Mrs T :wink:

Good thread Chasly, I could have answered all the questions thus far but I have let the members who are going on the trip do the answering it's all part of the fun innit :D

Charlieharley
30-11-2009, 10:25 AM
That would be Andrew de Moray, who fought with William Wallace at the battle of Stirling.

I reckon this was written by Tel, logged on as Mrs T :wink:

Good thread Chasly, I could have answered all the questions thus far but I have let the members who are going on the trip do the answering it's all part of the fun innit :D

Point, to Father Jack, well done that man. In fact Andrew de Moray was Joint commander in chief with Wallace at the battle of Stirling and later died of wounds received during the battle.

Aye Bob the questions are all easy if you ken the answer but thanks for not answering too early as you say its more for those attending to have a look and get a feel for the places they will be passing and stopping at and make plans on things they would like to do and see there.
Aye Charlie

Mrs T
30-11-2009, 05:00 PM
I think 'Tel' has missed something today :wink:

Charlieharley
30-11-2009, 05:34 PM
I think 'Tel' has missed something today :wink:

Aye a couple of points :D The fact its St Andrews day or is it getting out of Bed? :439:

Mrs T
30-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Aye a couple of points :D The fact its St Andrews day or is it getting out of Bed? :439:

Poor baby needs his beauty sleep :)

Old_Bob
30-11-2009, 08:12 PM
In that case we ought to rename him Rip Van Winkle :wink:

Mrs T
30-11-2009, 08:30 PM
In that case we ought to rename him Rip Van Winkle :wink:

OI cheeky :p

Baff
30-11-2009, 09:23 PM

So that's 25 hours a day & it's still not working.

Mrs T
30-11-2009, 10:13 PM
So that's 25 hours a day & it's still not working.

As I is a laydee, i would like to say it the best way that I can :D

feck orf :wink:

no actually feck orf you fecking fecker :tongue: :D :D

Charlieharley
01-12-2009, 07:07 AM
Q8
Morning.
There are many distilleries on or near the intended route this one should be of interest to any gamblers amongst you. Simply Name it?

Mrs T
01-12-2009, 07:23 AM
it looks like the Ardbeg Distillery

Charlieharley
01-12-2009, 07:29 AM
it looks like the Ardbeg Distillery

Sorry :frown:

Old_Bob
01-12-2009, 09:58 AM
It's great when you are working your way through them on the 'Whisky route' :60277EB7B04744289C0

Mrs T
01-12-2009, 10:04 AM
It's great when you are working your way through them on the 'Whisky route' :60277EB7B04744289C0

Did try and do the whisky trail-didn't get passed the first one :redface: :439:

Is it Dalwhinnie? :D

Urrell
01-12-2009, 10:15 AM
Dalwhinnie
:wink:

Mrs T
01-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Glengoyne

Charlieharley
01-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Did try and do the whisky trail-didn't get passed the first one :redface: :439:

Is it Dalwhinnie? :D

Correct another point to Tel

Dalwhinnie

do either of you know what the gambling connection is?

Mrs T
01-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Point to Urrel-I cheated :o

sorry, honest :D :D :169B9ADF431545348BC

Charlieharley
01-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Point to Urrel-I cheated :o

sorry, honest :D :D :169B9ADF431545348BC

OK How did you do that then?

Mrs T
01-12-2009, 10:58 AM
I edited my post from 10:04 after Urrell posted his answer at 10:15 :wink:

Charlieharley
01-12-2009, 11:03 AM
I edited my post from 10:04 after Urrell posted his answer at 10:15 :wink:

Your a Bad Bad girl you are Tel :D
thought thats what you had done. and you know cheats never prosper!
But at least you owned up to the crime. I will have to think of a suitable punishment to be administered on the tour :D :wink:

I have amended the scores accordingly.

Charlieharley
02-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Q9

Yip! its another castle but where is this one and is it on our left or right.

Urrell
02-12-2009, 04:36 PM
Is it Brough Castle.
If so it will probably be on our left.

telboy
02-12-2009, 04:36 PM
thats brough castle,had me foxed i was looking in scotland i'll be on me left going up from tan hill

http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/2889495.jpg

points mine i put a picture:p

Charlieharley
02-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Is it Brough Castle.
If so it will probably be on our left.

thats brough castle,had me foxed i was looking in scotland i'll be on me left going up from tan hill

http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/2889495.jpg

points mine i put a picture:p

Both right posted at the same time? point each :439: coz I can :wink:

Charlieharley
02-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Q10

If Dantheman is the Ferry Man 24-7 :wink: who is asleep, Like Wallace? Picture answer. :439:

Urrell
02-12-2009, 10:09 PM
http://ravenhill.typepad.com/weblog/images/2007/12/05/lilly_and_sebastian_sleeping2jpg_7.jpg

Mrs T
02-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Tel says:wink:
How about this fella

Charlieharley
03-12-2009, 06:54 AM
Q10

If Dantheman is the Ferry Man 24-7 :wink: who is asleep, Like Wallace? Picture answer. :439:

Aye all very Bonny and I'm sure they all deserve a point but sorry none of them are the Picture I'm after. I thought this one might stump you. :D
Clue time "Where is Dantheman the ferry man? Who / What was Wallace? and if he were asleep he would be?

That should keep you thinking for a bit. :wink:

(Off line till tonight, as Off up north to say Fair well too a Friend) :mad: :frown: :mad:

Mrs T
03-12-2009, 07:04 AM
Aye all very Bonny and I'm sure they all deserve a point but sorry none of them are the Picture I'm after. I thought this one might stump you. :D
Clue time "Where is Dantheman the ferry man? Who / What was Wallace? and if he were asleep he would be?

That should keep you thinking for a bit. :wink:

(Off line till tonight, as Off up north to say Fair well too a Friend) :mad: :frown: :mad:

????? :o

Good luck for today XX

Mrs T
03-12-2009, 12:45 PM
How about this