PDA

View Full Version : The New Bike

littleteach
23-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Well I tried out new Harley bikes,god I thought they were awful,could'nt handle and I tried some old Harley bikes but at the end of the day I could not and would not not spend silly money on a Harley.So I will still continue with my wonderful 25 year old Sportster but I have just bought a Triumph ,a new America because it is such good value for money, handles better and has all the extra bits included, why can't HD do the same?

PhillSpace
23-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Well I tried out new Harley bikes,god I thought they were awful,could'nt handle and I tried some old Harley bikes but at the end of the day I could not and would not not spend silly money on a Harley.So I will still continue with my wonderful 25 year old Sportster but I have just bought a Triumph ,a new America because it is such good value for money, handles better and has all the extra bits included, why can't HD do the same?

Now, where would be the fun, or profit, in that? :wink:

Enjoy the America Pete, I really liked mine :D

Paul P.
23-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Oddly enough, my brother - long past a T140 Bonnie owner - who fancied returned to dangerous travel, test rode the new Triumphs and, whilst agreeing how well they performed, found them very sterile. He tried a Sportster Custom and an Iron and felt more inclined to go that way..but is still not turned on enough to decide. (I think he wants to find another T140 or a Norton In-a-state still in its crate!) (don't we all)

Old_Bob
23-11-2010, 05:51 PM
That is good news Pete, keeping the ole Scotster - we still haven't forgiven you for painting it and if you had sold it :A: -------- well ( houses are cheap in Ruanda so I hear tell :sign0097:)

BNM
23-11-2010, 06:51 PM

So have you kept the other Triumph as well ? :)

karl von fatboy
23-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Did you try the Thunderbird out Pete?

Karl

Mossberg
23-11-2010, 10:11 PM
My StreetBob handles ok, and goes ok too !

Blenk
24-11-2010, 06:03 AM
I love my 2008 FatBoy
I ride it every day (rain or shine, snow or hail, wind or... you get the message)
Never missed a beat and turns heads with all the chrome sparkling in the sun (when she is clean)
And on my day off I find it really hard to get my arse off the saddle
My only regret is that I live on Jersey and have been down every road time and time again.
Took her over to Belgium this year (solo, it's the only way to travel) didn't even think about breaking down, cruising around 90MPH and got through 4 full tanks of fuel on the first day, fully loaded with luggage, people smiling and waving as i went through villages and a nod from every biker on the way.
Also took the misses around the Lakes for a week without a bad word from her (even she is proud to go on the back)
Bike is very muddy at the moment but I will hose her down this weekend and protect and shine her up (2 hours max and a bit of ACF50) and she will be good to go again
http://www.tblenk.co.uk/Blenk2/HOME_files/IMG_0096.jpg

littleteach
24-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Don't get me wrong,I think Harleys are great I would'nt still have my 25 year old Sportster,or ridden her for 20 years it's just I CAN'T go down the road of having to pay for the name,lets be honest they are far too over priced for what they are, lets talk sensible prices for gods sake!

tubby57
24-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Do Triumph give discount to pensioners then Pete:wink::D

littleteach
24-11-2010, 04:34 PM
Cheeky bugger,but as a very old customer of theirs ie i first bought a new bike from them in 1976!yes they have given me an extra discount!so there,yah boo!!!!!!

BNM
24-11-2010, 07:18 PM
Don't get me wrong,I think Harleys are great I would'nt still have my 25 year old Sportster,or ridden her for 20 years it's just I CAN'T go down the road of having to pay for the name,lets be honest they are far too over priced for what they are, lets talk sensible prices for gods sake!

So Pete ! you've kept the Harley you've had for 20 years, and traded in the Triumph you bought a couple of years ago for another Triumph :wink:.
What was wrong with the last Triumph ? :D
hey! hey! :D
my guess is you want a new bike every now and then ...and can't commit :redface:

cos you know harleys are keepers :wink:

littleteach
24-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Oh you bitch you!!to be honest its my retirement present to myself and i think will be the last bike i ever buy

tubby57
25-11-2010, 09:01 AM
Oh you bitch you!!to be honest its my retirement present to myself and i think will be the last bike i ever buy

So the next one will be a quad with a basket on the front and shopmobility on the back then:D

littleteach
06-12-2010, 07:38 PM
At long last managed to get out on new bike,never knew a week could be so long!!!!Loved it,very easy to ride but took me a while to get used to forward controls,roll on the spring and better weather.Also took out the Harley and managed to spin her on some ice,interesting experience how I didn't come off I will never know.Isn't life fun.

WORMY
06-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Glad your enjoying your retirement and bikes Pete:smile: