PDA

View Full Version : Chop Help...

Tinker
27-10-2011, 01:29 PM
Hi there coaster peep's... I'm looking for a bit of local advice as I intend to give my old 1340 chop a bit of a face lift over the winter and will need the help of someone who nearby who can weld, do a little bit of light fabrication etc.

All the bits n' bobs will be sourced via e-bay / web and partly due to that amd the fact that the bike is already a million miles away from stock any HD stylee dealer won't want to touch me (or my bike) with a twenty foot long barge pole.

Simon kindly gave me a steer a week or so ago but that lead came to nothing... ideally looking for a one man band that can be trusted / knows whatb they are doing and would be keen to take on the work... the sort of guy that used to be around alll over the place years ago and now sadly seems extinct!!

Any advice gratefully received, Tinker :auto181:

Paul P.
27-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Is Bexhill On Sea a practical area for you? Have a one-man engineer shop that has impressed me and another welder who did well for me - may have to check they are both still operating first..?

WORMY
27-10-2011, 02:25 PM
What about tricky? does he do it or know any1 that can be recommended.good luck.

andy real ale
27-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Have sent you a pm.

If you are in West sussex it would not be too bad for you to get to & you will be hard pushed to find a better Welder.

Tinker
27-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Is Bexhill On Sea a practical area for you? Have a one-man engineer shop that has impressed me and another welder who did well for me - may have to check they are both still operating first..?

Could be Paul... worth having the details in my back pocket if you've got them handy?

Thanks, Tinker

Tinker
27-10-2011, 03:21 PM
What about tricky? does he do it or know any1 that can be recommended.good luck.

Good thinking Wormy... will have a chat when I see him, thanks xx

Tinker
27-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Have sent you a pm.

If you are in West sussex it would not be too bad for you to get to & you will be hard pushed to find a better Welder.

Thanks Andy, have picked up your mail and greatly appreciate the advice...

Mick Gillah
27-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Hi there coaster peep's... I'm looking for a bit of local advice as I intend to give my old 1340 chop a bit of a face lift over the winter and will need the help of someone who nearby who can weld, do a little bit of light fabrication etc.

All the bits n' bobs will be sourced via e-bay / web and partly due to that amd the fact that the bike is already a million miles away from stock any HD stylee dealer won't want to touch me (or my bike) with a twenty foot long barge pole.

Simon kindly gave me a steer a week or so ago but that lead came to nothing... ideally looking for a one man band that can be trusted / knows whatb they are doing and would be keen to take on the work... the sort of guy that used to be around alll over the place years ago and now sadly seems extinct!!

Any advice gratefully received, Tinker :auto181: .....if you need some airbrush work I may be able to help

Tinker
28-10-2011, 07:26 PM
.....if you need some airbrush work I may be able to help

Already sent you a private message mate... first person I thought of for a sissy bar, paint could be an interesting thought too... will give you a bell once I've wrapped my head around what's what!!

Paul P.
01-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Right, just been round the welders and found his premises are now a wood yard - however - went in to ask if they knew where he went and discovered he is still there, his workshop was too big for him alone. So, his name is Adam and he works from Colours Timber Yard at the far end of Wainwright Road trading estate behind Bexhill cop shop - mobile 0793 4362333.

The engineer is JayF Engineering Services in a tiny industrial mews at the dead end of Reginald Road in Bexhill TN39 5PG mobile 077406 12332 or jayfengineeringservices@fsmail.net - if you use him mention you found him thru' HD Club as he used to be a biker and it might help (can't hurt..?).

(Doesn't anyone use a regular phone anymore!!)

grbrown
01-11-2011, 11:32 AM

Seems not! Our latest 'phone book' is a shadow of its former self and virtually useless, there is so little in it. :redface:

Tinker
03-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Right, just been round the welders and found his premises are now a wood yard - however - went in to ask if they knew where he went and discovered he is still there, his workshop was too big for him alone. So, his name is Adam and he works from Colours Timber Yard at the far end of Wainwright Road trading estate behind Bexhill cop shop - mobile 0793 4362333.

The engineer is JayF Engineering Services in a tiny industrial mews at the dead end of Reginald Road in Bexhill TN39 5PG mobile 077406 12332 or jayfengineeringservices@fsmail.net - if you use him mention you found him thru' HD Club as he used to be a biker and it might help (can't hurt..?).

Paul... that's really fantastic, thank you very much indeed for going to all that trouble I really appreciate your advice, all the best Tinker