The Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

+++ HARLEY-DAVIDSON RIDERS CLUB GREAT BRITAIN - ESTABLISHED 1949 +++

Go Back   The Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain > Technical > Twin Cam, TC88, TC96, TC103 & TC110
©2000-2012 Harley-Davidson Riders Club

Twin Cam, TC88, TC96, TC103 & TC110
Twin Cam

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2007, 02:21 AM
Club Member

Re: Stage 1 remap - how?

Um....I`m with Mark. Except....The bike in question is an 05. There are several dealer downloads available for an 05 still, no o2 sensors etc.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:36 AM
sproggy

Thanks for the advice - I'd become pretty convinced that a PC111 was the route to go (yes, the PC can set its own map but only when running in closed-loop mode with an O2 sensor - not sure that this applies to an 05 bike?) until Phil ruined it all

So you're saying that a dealer will still download a Stage 1 map to the ECU? I guess it all comes down to price, then - if they're going to charge £150 for the download they can go whistle and I'll get a PC111 with scope for the future. If it's cheaper than that I may go for the download for now to save the pennies in the short term. Think I may call another dealer to ask for a download price just for comparison.....
Old 09-10-2007, 12:52 PM
db133

I contacted Dockgate 20 and asked about a remap for a stage 1. I was told they don't do it because (your love this !) they are not allowed to use their equipment for tuning ! So I said I just wanted a remap etc as I have a SE stage I air filter I want to have fitted and again I was told they are not allowed to do it. So for me its going to be a PCIII usb and f*** them.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:19 PM

PC 3 and your local dyno guy is the way forward regardless of O2 sensors etc.

Your right Phil (of course) but you forget the local dealer reluctance here

Thank you Phil
Old 09-10-2007, 02:42 PM
sproggy

OK, I'm convinced - PC111 it is. I'll try one of their supplied 'standard' Stage 1 maps to start with and see how that goes.

Cheers.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sproggy View Post
If they're going to charge £150 for the download they can go whistle and I'll get a PC111 with scope for the future.
Wow....$140 here.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Club Member

Thumbs up Re: Stage 1 remap - how?

Just fitted secondhand P.C. preloaded with map for 06 roadking with V&H ovals,
S.E.filter, revextend to 6200.Runs Faultless pulls cleanly thru all gears & revs
seem endless. No need for a dyno run. Just hold on tight.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Club Member

If you can't find a map for the PC that works quite right for you, just email tech support at Dynojet and give them the symptoms that you are experiencing and the map you're using...they'll alter it and email it back. I did this, and my new custom map works fine.

Brian.

Anglia Region 15 member.

My old man always said if it has tits or tyres...it'll be trouble...and he was right.
Old 15-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Club Member

Question Re: Stage 1 remap - how?

I've now done 200mls. after doing a stage 1 on my road king using second hand parts, all seems to be running well, but hey what do I know. I'm thinking of getting it checked out- fine tuned by somebody who is more knowledgable than me. Main dealer not to interested as they did not supply the parts,any advice welcome. Steve Piper is local to me any one had dealings with him?
As I am a newbie to this site and computors in general I would hope not offend anyone,
if I do please feel free to bo££ock me.
Old 15-10-2007, 11:37 AM
sproggy

I see there's a company in Jersey selling PC111s for £230 - that's about a £70 saving on UK RRP and they're claimed to be UK models with full warranty. Makes it even easier to choose a PC!

(Link here for anyone who's interested - not a recommendation or anything as I haven't used them....yet.)