Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: G’day from down-under…….

Total Downloaded
    29.27 MB

Re: G’day from down-under…….

What can you expect when everything is at the wrong time of the year?

Xmas ain't over until you've had your Bubble & Squeak on Boxing Day, especially with the hardened burnt bit on the underside - back of the net!

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    10.85 MB

Hmmm!! bubble & squeak....somehow better than the items it was made from, yes?

(I like to add some chopped up onion, hint of chilli powder and any left over gravy)
    Last edited by Paul P.; 09-11-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Total Downloaded
    193.56 MB

What about the HP Sauce? Gotta have brown sauce!
    .......They Say That Hard Work Never Hurt Anyone - But Why Risk It!

Total Downloaded
    21.02 MB

Can't explain it, but left over sunday dinner always tastes much better on Monday.

Total Downloaded
    29.27 MB

Quote Originally Posted by mr. pitts View Post
    Can't explain it, but left over sunday dinner always tastes much better on Monday.
    Because the bulk of the washing up's already done - one pan, one plate and a fork!

Total Downloaded
    10.85 MB

...and if the Trouble & Chain isn't about you eat it straight from the frying pan.....

Total Downloaded
    277.23 MB

Name:  flip_flops.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  30.6 KB
    …….with Christmas rapidly approaching I’m still trying to believe Yuletide is upon us in a scant few days. And whilst I’m on the subject of Yuletide, if I was in the UK at this time of year I could crack the timeless “I’m off to drop a yule log” with the surety of everyone getting the joke. Over here your typical Aussie’s humour starts and stops with throwing things on the Barbie. I was at work yesterday and announce to all the collective throng in earshot that I was off to drop the afore mentioned log. All I received for my troubles was 30 blank-stares and 2 offers of help to carry my wood. And they didn’t even get my, “It would take more than two of you to carry my wood” double entendre.

……..I have yet to hear Slade’s “Merry Xmas Everybody” but, every cloud has a silver lining because neither have my ears been assailed by Mariah Carey screeching out, “All I Want For Christmas Is You.” Then there’s the weather of course. While you guys shiver and wish for a dusting of Christmas snow I’m sweating and wishing for some cooling rain. Okay, that last bit was a little lie. I don’t sweat and it will be a few years yet before I start wishing for rain.

…….so, I thought I’d get into the Christmas spirit by buying a pair of Santa flip-flops, gluing cotton wool to my string vest and tinsel on the back of my Speedos. I then downloaded that 70’s icon of festive music “K-Tel Brings You a Merry Christmas” onto the iPhone and I was all set for a trip to my local coffee emporium.

……..for a Saturday morning the coffee shop was buzzing and the Baristas were certainly earning their minimum wage. I ordered my usual: extra-large long black with a double shot and a side of bran muffins. Sitting at a small round table, I glanced around and saw the shop was devoid of Christmas paraphernalia and the sound system was playing mawkish bilge by someone called Justine Bieber. In fact, if it hadn’t been for my flip-flops and tinsel covered Speedos one wouldn’t have known it was Christmas. Slipping on my headphones, I fired up the K-Tel album, closed my eyes and blissfully sipped strong hot coffee while listening to Mud’s “Lonely This Christmas”. No bah humbugs for me.

Name:  puch.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  17.9 KB
    Last edited by Phssthpok; 15-12-2018 at 01:58 AM.
    REAL MEN RIDE MOPEDS......

Total Downloaded
    277.23 MB

......it's Christmas day down-under. I’ve just returned from the swimming pool via the Jacuzzi and I'm listening to Tony Blackburn's Golden Hour on the radio with a long black and bran muffin. I'll not bore you about the weather ......okay, yes I will. It's already 33c and I'm off to the beach later to show off my new Santa Speedos. I'm sure life could be better but, I'm damned if I could see how. Have a great Christmas and a cracking Boxing Day. Now where did I put my surf board?
    REAL MEN RIDE MOPEDS......

Total Downloaded

- 2 today with a very hard frost here in a cold crisp Cumbria have a great Christmas down under

Total Downloaded
    20.38 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Army View Post
    - 2 today with a very hard frost here in a cold crisp Cumbria have a great Christmas down under
    Aye, thanks for the entertainment .
    Time is precious, waste it wisely.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast