Thread: Unable to post pictures - but used to be able to!

Total Downloaded
    1.26 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unable to post pictures - but used to be able to!

Hi,

I have a thread on the go in the Classic section entitled "1980 FXWG Build". I have posted multiple pictures to this thread, but in the last week or so I cannot add any new ones.

I click on the link to post a pic, the dialogue box opens up, I select the files on my computer then hit "Upload". The progress bar fills up, but when the image is uploaded there is a small error icon to the right of the file name and I am unable to post the pics. If I click on the error (stop sign) icon, nothing happens there either.

Any ideas? Is there an image limit per thread or anything like that set? I CAN post files that are older than a week or so - see below.

The images are around 100Kb in size and are .jpg files. I am posting from a Mac using Safari.

I can post the exact same images to other web forums though.....so I think it may be something at the HDRCGB end....has there been a forum software update in the last week or so?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3641.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	28393
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3661.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	109.6 KB 
ID:	28394
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3666.jpg  

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    233.05 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Unable to post pictures - but used to be able to!

Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    Hi,

I have a thread on the go in the Classic section entitled "1980 FXWG Build". I have posted multiple pictures to this thread, but in the last week or so I cannot add any new ones.

I click on the link to post a pic, the dialogue box opens up, I select the files on my computer then hit "Upload". The progress bar fills up, but when the image is uploaded there is a small error icon to the right of the file name and I am unable to post the pics. If I click on the error (stop sign) icon, nothing happens there either.

Any ideas? Is there an image limit per thread or anything like that set? I CAN post files that are older than a week or so - see below.

The images are around 100Kb in size and are .jpg files. I am posting from a Mac using Safari.

I can post the exact same images to other web forums though.....so I think it may be something at the HDRCGB end....has there been a forum software update in the last week or so?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Hi

I have looked at the limit and slightly adjusted it upwards. Also look at your attachments list in your profile ans see if there are any that are no longer relevant and you could delete.

Cheers

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more photos showing rebuilds, projects, customs, "how to" etc. etc. in threads the merrier. To me that's the sort of thing that will bring people in to the site (or once they come and have a look) and then will want to come back and may encourage them to join.

Total Downloaded
    233.05 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinsFLH1200 View Post
    The more photos showing rebuilds, projects, customs, "how to" etc. etc. in threads the merrier. To me that's the sort of thing that will bring people in to the site (or once they come and have a look) and then will want to come back and may encourage them to join.
    Totally agree. Which is why I continue to look at how we use / store photos on the forum.

Total Downloaded
    1.26 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Tom,

So basically, storage on the forum for uploaded images is very small? Even though you upped the limit for me, it's still only 3MB.

Which is fair enough. I will just upload photos to Flickr instead and link to them rather that uploading to the forum directly.

Total Downloaded
    233.05 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No. Basically I am constantly reviewing what is needed for a member against the impact on the server. Space is no real issue but I have to do my job and monitor it. I want to store the images on here for future use. Carry on putting them on here. If you reach the limit again I can review it.