Thread: 26-30" front wheel bagger.

Total Downloaded
    184.43 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

26-30" front wheel bagger.

I've been asked by a friend to fit a 26-30" wheel in his 2010 Streetglide. I've ruled out cutting the headstock type kit in favour of the bolt on kit. also available is a yoke / tree conversion. Now I understand the geometry of the headstock conversion in so much as it moves the headstock tube forwards and upwards gooseneck style whilst adding necessary rake to clear the massive increase in wheel diameter, however I cant understand how changing the yokes achieves the same results I can only assume massive rake angles are required to allow for clearance between front wheel and mudguard and down tubes. Has anyone done this conversion or knows where I can get more information. I favour the bolt on headstock over that of the yolks. Thanks in advance, Kevin

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    30.93 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 26-30" front wheel bagger.

Hi Kev,

Your correct, the yokes will be heavily offset to increase the rake to accommodate the larger wheel, trouble is if you dont then correct the trail it will ruin the way it handles, no idea if the conversions deal with that?

I looked at a 23" when I did my 21" conversion, for a 23 it was a new set of trees and pretty straight forward but changing the rake angle affects the handling on any bike, lots of people (at the time) were saying that anything over a 21 changed the handling so much it wasnt worth it if you actually wanted to ride the bike, its for show only really and I wanted to still be able to enjoy the bike in the twisties! As far as I am aware (its been a while since I looked though) anything over a 23" was a frame mod but things may well have changed.

The 21" IMO changed the bike in a good way, it tipped in to corners so much better, looked good and rode as good as the 16.

Have a look on HDForums they have bagger specific sections and a wealth of knowledge.

good luck!

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you punch him hard enough Kev he may come to his senses and regain some taste

Total Downloaded
    116.59 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Summers View Post
    If you punch him hard enough Kev he may come to his senses and regain some taste
    Yes, tell me when you are planning to do that, Kev, so I can get the camera out - it should make a really good video

Total Downloaded
    184.43 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's a darn sight bigger than me Vince.

Total Downloaded
    33.74 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NeilFxrs View Post
    Yes, tell me when you are planning to do that, Kev, so I can get the camera out - it should make a really good video

Pay per view!!

Total Downloaded
    109.89 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He'll be riding that just in time for that horrific 8-10 year old ''trend'' to die on its arse.

Fat rear tyre, anyone?

Titan ''chopper'', anyone?

It's a free country.. *sigh*