Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: M8 oil migration from transmission to primary

Total Downloaded

Re: M8 oil migration from transmission to primary

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    Service manual says upright not on jiffy stand.
    yep I thought the primary should be checked in the up right position, ive kept an eye on mine over the last 600 miles and everything seems ok but we will see

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded

If it’s not enough to have oil migration my m8 has now decided to give me oil blowback from my air filter.
    Reminiscent of what happens if you’re engine oil has been overfilled.
    It’s done 3500 miles and was serviced by dealership at 1000 miles. I don’t know if mechanic put too much oil in
    and has decided to level out through the breather tube but it’s going to go back to them for them to sort out and supply me with a brand new screamin eagle free flo filter.
    Lets hope it’s nothing serious and was just overfilled...
    I luv HD

Total Downloaded
    202.87 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    On my way back to my tent one day, I walked passed a 2017 M8 Ultra Limited (same as mine) and decided to have a chat to the owner. He thought I was taking the piss and had not heard of this issue. I tried to assure him IT IS REAL. Anyways on Sunday I was packing up to leave and he comes up to me and thanks me for alerting him...he had checked his transmission oil level and it was not showing any on the dipstick! He has had the bike 2 months and told me he was going back to his suppling dealer this week...hope you work something out buddy...

Anyone who has an M8 with hydraulic clutch (therefore NOT Softails) PLEASE CHECK YOUR TRANSMISSION OIL LEVEL
    TomG received this email from the guy I mentioned. He had 60-70% of his tranny oil migrate!

“This is really to say thank you to a guy i met at the international rally i believe he goes by the name of ulysses on here took my bike back to cheltenham hd they have drained the oil from both primary and tranny not much left in there 60 to 70% migrated they have refilled both to correct level told to come back after 1000 miles have told the manager that if it happens again which i am sure it will if they cant 100% fix it they can have the bike back. any way again thank you .will let you know of any developments

Regards

Alan Smith”

Therefore THERE IS STILL NO FIX.
    Last edited by Ulysses; 18-06-2018 at 10:49 AM.
    R19 Asst. Rep.

2017 M8 Ultra Limited...but not for much longer...hopefully
    2014 Honda Crosstourer

Total Downloaded
    48.69 MB

Stick with a good old twin cam.
    All problems are ironed out now.
    And cheaper than a shovel too.

Total Downloaded
    6.25 MB

On return home from the International (181 miles) I thought its time to check the oil level on the gearbox on my 2017 Street glide Special . And yep no oil on the Dipstick. Bollox try again and no it wasn't lying. Phone call to HD Leeds and i added 350 millilitres of oil to bring it up to the top level mark.
    Last weekend run to the Farmyard followed by trip to Leeds for the 5000 mile service and stage one.
    The dealer put more oil in , and when the primary was opened it poured out.
    Apparently there is now a fix and the new part is on order and as soon as it arrives i have to return to get it fitted.

Fingers crossed we will have this problem solved.

Total Downloaded
    48.69 MB

Any idea what the new fix is???

Total Downloaded
    6.69 MB

thick gearbox oil !!!!

john
    (old iron ass)

Royal enfield winter hack
    1978 FLH80 SHOVELHEAD
    1950 EL hydra glide PANHEAD

Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Little Edmund View Post
    On return home from the International (181 miles) I thought its time to check the oil level on the gearbox on my 2017 Street glide Special . And yep no oil on the Dipstick. Bollox try again and no it wasn't lying. Phone call to HD Leeds and i added 350 millilitres of oil to bring it up to the top level mark.
    Last weekend run to the Farmyard followed by trip to Leeds for the 5000 mile service and stage one.
    Apparently there is now a fix and the new part is on order and as soon as it arrives i have to return to get it fitted.

How do Glen I thought it was happening to my CVO street Glide ive covered 700 miles since my shock horror no oil on the dip stick moment and since then the oil level aint moved and I give the CVO plenty of right hand every day on the way to work so fingers crossed still but keep us informed on the part for the up grade to hopefully cure this fault
    Last edited by Army; 20-06-2018 at 09:24 PM.

Total Downloaded
    202.87 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Little Edmund View Post

Glen

If this is the ‘Transmission Oil Deflector Kit 36300028’ (a plastic cap) then there is a lot of evidence on various forums that it does NOT work. I started a seperate thread in this M8 section on it. My dealership installed it without my permission to my bike and I have refused to collect the bike unless they guarantee it works...they cannot.
    R19 Asst. Rep.

2017 M8 Ultra Limited...but not for much longer...hopefully
    2014 Honda Crosstourer

Total Downloaded
    412.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Halal Tim View Post
    Stick with a good old twin cam.
    All problems are ironed out now.
    And cheaper than a shovel too.
    There’s certainly a lot of TC’s for sale out there, at good prices too...

But c’mon, the Evo is the one to have!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast