Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: M8 oil migration from transmission to primary

Total Downloaded

Re: M8 oil migration from transmission to primary

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidave View Post
    The problem seems to have vanished with all 2019 models. The fix mentioned above by Alex is being recommended on USA forums for owners of 2017 and 2018 Milwaukee Eights that have the issue. There's not many, relatively speaking, but they make a lot of noise. And rightly so. Despite what one owner claims in that Facebook link thread, H-D did address the issue, by fitting its own version of that aftermarket fix to all hydraulic-clutch 2019s.

They also changed the oil-pump cover to fix the wet-sumping. I detailed these changes in a previous post on this thread.

I may be missing something, but as of today I still have not seen one report anywhere that 2019s have had any of the issues that affected a few 2017s and 2018s.

Which is why I have a 2019 on order.
    How do Dave I aint heard of a problem 2019 M8 either but like every new model carrying whatever badge they have the usual niggling problems which eventually get ironed out. My 2017 CVO seems to be ok and it does everything that Geoff describes, going forward i'm fitting a Andrews cam and a set of headers without the CAT plus the bike will go to Dyno tune at Gartang not far from Kirkby Lonsdale so this should release a few more horses.

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    109.89 MB

Hey Andy, interested in your reason for change. Do you not find that the stock header pipes/cat setup allows for relatively cool running compared to a Twin Cam? I have no experience with a TC, but am hearing that the M8 runs a lot cooler. This is relevant to me - 43C in Melbourne today! Of course, there is a strong and valid argument for a much cooler SOUNDING big twin with decatted nonstock full system too.
    1980 FXWG ...Down Under

Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidave View Post
    Hey Andy, interested in your reason for change. Do you not find that the stock header pipes/cat setup allows for relatively cool running compared to a Twin Cam? I have no experience with a TC, but am hearing that the M8 runs a lot cooler. This is relevant to me - 43C in Melbourne today! Of course, there is a strong and valid argument for a much cooler SOUNDING big twin with decatted nonstock full system too.
    How do Dave your correct in thinking the M8 runs cooler than the TC i ran a few TCs in the past and Rushmores and the M8 runs alot cooler but i recently sat on a M8 with Headers without a CAT and it certainly seemed cooler and i felt that it seemed abit quicker, I have TAB performance pipes fitted with Zombie baffles and it gives you that grin

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910