Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: M8 oil migration from transmission to primary

Total Downloaded
    251.46 MB

Re: M8 oil migration from transmission to primary

I rode a TC Road King for 10-years before buying the M8. So when I moved to the M8 there were obvious big differences.

Ultra Limited M8 cf. Ultra Limited TC
    - the 'ride ability' of the M8 is very noticeable
    - the power delivery is much better. The M8 roll-on power was excellent on overtakes...just twist and get more speed. The TC needs more of a handful or drop a gear which does not suit my riding style
    - the handling is noticeably better (for me). The M8 feels very planted when you tip into a corner and happily goes where you steer it, even if corrections are needed mid-corner (yeah, I know). The TC certainly goes where you point it but seems more determined to go where you initially put it rather than where you now need it to be
    - the weight distribution seems better tuned to my style than the TC. It just feels right and balanced. I think there is only 2 or 3 Kgs difference in weight so not down to that
    - 1st gear engagement was slicker
    - vibration through bars almost non-existent...though not that bad on Rushmore TC

Of course some of this could be down to my disappointment at moving 'back' to a TC from the M8...a move I did not want to make and on a 4-year old one at that...

R19 Asst. Rep.

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    409.10 MB

The M8 sounds much better, glad I decided to wait. The 2019 model also has the 114 engine and improved boom box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Total Downloaded

How do Vic over the years I've owned a few different offerings from HD including the Twin Cam and I loved the twin cam but this M8 motor is just sweeter its quicker on acceleration the characteristics are very different to the twin cam, the new bikes do handle much better and the latest boom box is superb the sat nav took us to the 4 corners of France without a single recalculate recalculate. The choice will always be the buyers and my advice is ride a couple of the new bikes and make your own mind up.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789