Thread: Hadrians Wall

Total Downloaded

Hadrians Wall

Just completed the Hadrian's Wall Walk from Wallsend to Bowness on Solway we walked it in 6 days this gives you the time and opportunity to actually enjoy the fantastic countryside and the feat of engineering that the Roman legions managed to construct, the walk is 84 miles and will really push your limits of endurance we carried our own kit which wasn't light as we always prepare for the worst of conditions so this required a bit more effort but we accomplished our goal. I have heard of folk who suggest that they completed the walk in 3 days this is 28 miles per day difficult and maybe achievable but in my opinion what is the point because the walk is something to be enjoyed we walked on average about 15 miles per day and I feel this was a maximum mileage so that we could enjoy the whole adventure, anyway if any of the members of the club fancy this adventure I can supply any information required including the B&Bs and Pubs that we used I also have contact details of a bag carrier who will transfer your luggage from point to point if we had known about this at the planning stage we may have used this service, so get your boots on and go and enjoy a spectacular adventure.

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    20.38 MB

Re: Hadrians Wall

The missus and me talked about this walk Andy but I dont think we'd find the time now as it'd take me at least twice as long as you. The last couple of years I've developed arthritis in me feet and ankles and its friggin annoying how its cut distances down especially when the rest of you is ready to go all day.
    A couple of weeks ago we walked over Phen y Ghent which is only 6. odd miles and at the end I'd a job to get to the bar (no Yorkshire jokes please Hippy ) in the pub in Horton. and its not that long ago I could still have run it over similar terrain with me boots on.
    Time is precious, waste it wisely.

Total Downloaded
    29.27 MB

Total Downloaded

Can't beat a good trek. Beer always tastes better when you've "earned" it!
    "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

Total Downloaded

Don't realize what you've lost till it's gone. I can only manage 2 hrs and my hip replacement thingy has had enough. Never was much of a walker, now i cant do it i wanna do it of coarse lol.
    anyway sounds like a grand hike.
    OMG it started !!!!!

Total Downloaded

How do Guys I can only think how various ailments hold us back i.e. arthritis, my heels ached about half way through due to cracked heels but ive never given in but at times my feet said enough is enough. I totally agree the beer after a walk can only be savoured we managed to find a few very good ale pubs so even better, I'm now thinking about Offas Dyke so if anyone has any tips or hints on that one it will be gratefully received also long walks in and around Dorset