Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gearbox oil leaked into primary case??

Total Downloaded
    17.52 MB

Re: Gearbox oil leaked into primary case??

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Lane View Post
    .............. I've never ridden anything with the primary that full but I'm sure the gear change and neutral engagement would become more difficult and that would be the first symptom....................................
    I have and you are right Alex on both accounts, it was stiff to change gear and a bugger to get into neutral. Had only just got the bike and thought the clutch needed looking at (the bike had been standing for a while). Emptied the primary case and nearly filled a 2ltr ice-cream tub I was using as catch tray. Re-filled with correct amount and all was good.
    Coasters Assistant Rep

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    46.12 MB

Just goes to show how perilous giving your pride and joy to a dealership really is. Whilst there are some good tech's out there, you're parting with ?100+vat per hour at some of these places to have your bike looked at by someone whose bullshit is better than their spannering skills.

Total Downloaded
    48.69 MB

Quote Originally Posted by The Yukon Sizzler View Post
    Just goes to show how perilous giving your pride and joy to a dealership really is. Whilst there are some good tech's out there, you're parting with ?100+vat per hour at some of these places to have your bike looked at by someone whose bullshit is better than their spannering skills.

Thats why i do as much routine servicing as i can.
    A few basic tools soon pay for themselves.
    Oil filter removal tool, belt tension tool and a torque wrench.
    Tool hire scheme has wheel bearing tool.
    And a decent set of sockets and spanners.
    If i have to go into the motor, i send it to an indy that knows what their doing. His name is Alex.
    Last edited by Halal Tim; 26-05-2018 at 04:10 PM.

Total Downloaded
    29.27 MB

Quote Originally Posted by The Yukon Sizzler View Post
    With you there, I remember taking my Cross Bones for service at a main dealer (not the one I use nowadays) and being told there was a nail in the (newish) rear tyre so I'd need a new one - I told them to remove the nail to see what happened. Surprise, surprise it stayed up - clearly the guy didn't even know it used tubed tyres!

Total Downloaded
    6.69 MB

been a good thread ,, mainly to show that some dealers don't know what there working with ,,

i have now moved away from modern bikes and have trust in Alex to do any engine rebuild work ,

just put the shovel back together after a top end head and rebore job done by the man i am very weary of so called mechanics that don't know as much as me ,,

but Alex is a engineer ,, and does know his job ,

its a sad fact that theres a lot of younger riders that don't understand the working of a motorcycle and won't evan do there own oil change ,,

hope you have a trouble free holiday doughnut

john
    (old iron ass)

Royal enfield winter hack
    1978 FLH80 SHOVELHEAD
    1950 EL hydra glide PANHEAD

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234