Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Exhaust?

Total Downloaded
    49.01 MB

Re: Which Exhaust?

As Tim and Watchman have suggested, the SuperTrapp Super Meg is one of the best. My top three performing builds run them. It's always difficult to advise on exhausts as everyone has their own preferences. The choice comes down to working out which of the following are more important to you. Sound, looks, performance and price. Some people hate all two into one systems no matter how they perform or sound. I've had lots of bikes through that have home made systems that kill performance but the owners like the sound and the looks. As a rule two into one systems work better than anything else if you have performance cams and worked heads. As your concern is primarily the sound then the Super Meg comes with changeable discs to tune the sound and shape of the curve. Other good systems are the D & D Fatcat, Rush Wrath, Dragos Dragula and the Bassani Road Rage which can all be ordered with a choice of baffles. I've had reasonable results from the Big Shots but generally V & H are the bottom of the pile when it comes to performance except for the Pro Pipe. The Pro Pipe is OK but a little restrictive on a 103. Usually any quiet exhaust is restrictive to flow and has a major effect on performance ...

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded

Thanks for your advice Alex. To be honest, I’m not too bothered about the sound, but working in a Police Station is a bit of a bind when My colleagues keep mentioning the noise. I just chuckle to myself when I ride out of the back yard and set off the odd alarm����. Anyhow, as far as the exhaust goes, I’ll stick with the big shots for now, get the headwork etc done and get the best out of it. Maybe next year I’ll get a ‘better’ exhaust and re pv it.

Total Downloaded

i understand how a 2 into 1 system has various benefits and they look pretty good on various bikes but on bikes fitted with panniers i.e. street glides and ultras I think they look lop sided and uneven I know some are supplied with a dummy pipes but in my opinion in this free and democratic world of ours they don't give me the wow factor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12