Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cooling

Total Downloaded
    29.27 MB

Re: Cooling

Quote Originally Posted by spakey View Post
    Interesting read Alex, thanks for elaborating. Is that effected by the petrol octane grade i.e. 95 98 RON ?
    I was wondering that too

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    49.01 MB

Quote Originally Posted by spakey View Post
    Interesting read Alex, thanks for elaborating. Is that effected by the petrol octane grade i.e. 95 98 RON ?
    Yes it is. As far as I know the higher the RON (octane) rating, the higher the stoich value. There's a lot of chemistry and calculations involved, well above my level of understanding. Come to think of it for as long as I can remember the accepted stoich for 95 RON petrol has been the same. With all of the recent developments and additives that go into our fuels now I'd bet that the stoich has changed.

Total Downloaded
    29.27 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Lane View Post
    Yes it is. As far as I know the higher the RON (octane) rating, the higher the stoich value. There's a lot of chemistry and calculations involved, well above my level of understanding. Come to think of it for as long as I can remember the accepted stoich for 95 RON petrol has been the same. With all of the recent developments and additives that go into our fuels now I'd bet that the stoich has changed.
    Alex, are you therefore recommending the 98RON stuff then? On the occasions I've tried it, it seems to make no appreciable difference as far as I can feel/tell.

Total Downloaded
    8.21 MB

Not that this helps but after the car packed up a couple of weeks ago, have been running to work on my low compression 2000 TC at around 34 deg C in the morning and coming home anywhere up to 44 deg C and no dramas with running or starting.
    Old uns must be less sensitive

Total Downloaded
    17.52 MB

Quote Originally Posted by seanofmacc View Post
    Not that this helps but after the car packed up a couple of weeks ago, have been running to work on my low compression 2000 TC at around 34 deg C in the morning and coming home anywhere up to 44 deg C and no dramas with running or starting.
    Old uns must be less sensitive
    Carburetor'd I guess, they can't be fooked up by the MoCo.
    Coasters Assistant Rep

Total Downloaded
    8.21 MB

Absolutely, been impressed with the old girl

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234