Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Cooling

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,610
    Total Downloaded
    29.27 MB

    Re: Cooling

    Quote Originally Posted by spakey View Post
    Interesting read Alex, thanks for elaborating. Is that effected by the petrol octane grade i.e. 95 98 RON ?
    I was wondering that too

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,650
    Total Downloaded
    49.01 MB

    Re: Cooling

    Quote Originally Posted by spakey View Post
    Interesting read Alex, thanks for elaborating. Is that effected by the petrol octane grade i.e. 95 98 RON ?
    Yes it is. As far as I know the higher the RON (octane) rating, the higher the stoich value. There's a lot of chemistry and calculations involved, well above my level of understanding. Come to think of it for as long as I can remember the accepted stoich for 95 RON petrol has been the same. With all of the recent developments and additives that go into our fuels now I'd bet that the stoich has changed.

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,610
    Total Downloaded
    29.27 MB

    Re: Cooling

    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Lane View Post
    Yes it is. As far as I know the higher the RON (octane) rating, the higher the stoich value. There's a lot of chemistry and calculations involved, well above my level of understanding. Come to think of it for as long as I can remember the accepted stoich for 95 RON petrol has been the same. With all of the recent developments and additives that go into our fuels now I'd bet that the stoich has changed.
    Alex, are you therefore recommending the 98RON stuff then? On the occasions I've tried it, it seems to make no appreciable difference as far as I can feel/tell.

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    26
    Total Downloaded
    8.21 MB

    Re: Cooling

    Not that this helps but after the car packed up a couple of weeks ago, have been running to work on my low compression 2000 TC at around 34 deg C in the morning and coming home anywhere up to 44 deg C and no dramas with running or starting.
    Old uns must be less sensitive

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,406
    Total Downloaded
    17.52 MB

    Re: Cooling

    Quote Originally Posted by seanofmacc View Post
    Not that this helps but after the car packed up a couple of weeks ago, have been running to work on my low compression 2000 TC at around 34 deg C in the morning and coming home anywhere up to 44 deg C and no dramas with running or starting.
    Old uns must be less sensitive
    Carburetor'd I guess, they can't be fooked up by the MoCo.
    Coasters Assistant Rep

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    26
    Total Downloaded
    8.21 MB

    Re: Cooling

    Absolutely, been impressed with the old girl

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •