Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 HDRCGB 70th Anniversary International Rally - R2 - Kelso

Total Downloaded
    11.24 MB

Re: 2019 HDRCGB 70th Anniversary International Rally - R2 - Kelso

Wheather you ride all the way from Devon on a Panhead like John, or pull your bike out of the back of a van and ride it into the site from around the corner, you'll be made more than welcome just don't expect the furthest travelled award if you do the latter
    Region 2 rep.South Scotland
    "Let the good times roll"

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzlin View Post
    Just an idea, but why not Hire a van and drive up with the the bike in the back, then ride it about the local roads and enjoy it this way?

Stunning local scenery. Would be a shame to miss it
    like the guys have said break the ride, Vans with bikes in the back Boo we aint HOG and we aint trailer queens ride em down with a break in the journey coz like a famous rally said no pedestrians no cars no excuses

Total Downloaded
    518.31 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Army View Post
    like the guys have said break the ride, Vans with bikes in the back Boo we aint HOG and we aint trailer queens ride em down with a break in the journey coz like a famous rally said no pedestrians no cars no excuses
    Like you say, we are not another club, and I know they would prefer to ride, but if health and comfort is not on your side, but the desire is there, why miss a rally and add days to the ride just to satisfy a perception of how or how not a Rally should be enjoyed by others.

If you went to The International this year there were a fleet of RV’s parked up and numerous cars.

If it were me In the same position, I would not give it a second thought to get somewhere for a ride and beer with friends by whatever means make it possible.
    Darren Thomas
    Member No:010141

Total Downloaded

I have been to plenty of rallys where there have been loads of people in camper vans and cars.No we are not Hog but i cant and wont ride that far in one day and and cant take extra days getting there due to other commitments Maybe time to give rally up
    Quote Originally Posted by Army View Post

Total Downloaded
    22.86 MB

Well I’m a bit disappointed to read some of the previous posts. Surely it’s owning the bike that glues us all together. You have to have one, or a very close association to be in our club. If you then attend one of our events, by what ever means, that should be recoganised and appreciated. If for instance Fred Warr turned up, would he be belittled for not riding there?
    Sussex Coaster

Total Downloaded
    1,018.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_A View Post
    Well I’m a bit disappointed to read some of the previous posts. Surely it’s owning the bike that glues us all together. You have to have one, or a very close association to be in our club. If you then attend one of our events, by what ever means, that should be recoganised and appreciated. If for instance Fred Warr turned up, would he be belittled for not riding there?
    Well said Simon, I think the vast majority of members would agree with you - its the bikes and riding that brought us all together it should not divide us in later years! We have nothing to prove, as age or circumstance takes its toll, its friendship that should endure, something this club creates in abundance, something we can all be proud of. Never under estimate the positive effect of a friendly wave,nod, smile or hand shake - being welcome, treated as an equal and enjoying the company of like minded individuals, is something money can not buy!

Total Downloaded
    266.18 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    Well said Simon, I think the vast majority of members would agree with you - its the bikes and riding that brought us all together it should not divide us in later years! We have nothing to prove, as age or circumstance takes its toll, its friendship that should endure, something this club creates in abundance, something we can all be proud of. Never under estimate the positive effect of a friendly wave,nod, smile or hand shake - being welcome, treated as an equal and enjoying the company of like minded individuals, is something money can not buy!
    Could not agree more Simon/Rick.

Even when not riding in on my Harley, I have been welcomed by all Regions and long may it continue.

The Club is about the people and the friendships, not how we arrive at a rally. I attended The Wallace in Perth for the first time this year and decided to split the journey with a night stop on the way up and a night stop on the way home. Worked for me.

Chrissy, you make your own choice within your circumstances but it would be great to have you and Hooky there.

R19 Asst. Rep.

Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky & Chrissy View Post
    I have been to plenty of rallys where there have been loads of people in camper vans and cars.No we are not Hog but i cant and wont ride that far in one day and and cant take extra days getting there due to other commitments Maybe time to give rally up
    You own a Harley Davidson motorcycle and you are a member of H-DRCGB - now then, as long as its agreed with the rally organisers (Weedavie's already given his blessing), how you get to the rally is your choice.
    Rally numbers are dwindling as it is, so the old "bikes only" rule is very rarely used. It's pointed out regularly, that average Club membership age is, shall we say on the "mature" side and despite what our brains are telling us, our bodies say No!
    A fair amount of Club members no longer camp on site because of this, but instead use guest houses etc, but are still welcomed, because as Kev said earlier it's people that make a rally. So, just get yourself there by whatever means you can handle mate.
    Myself, I've just bought a seat "air-cushion", which I'm praying works, as there's only so many painkillers you can take before you start rattling.
    Last edited by El Dude; 15-07-2018 at 03:37 PM.
    .............................................................................................................................................................................
    Region 7
    Assistant Rep

Total Downloaded
    21.78 MB

Personally I think it would be useful if rally organisers put on their fliers if motorhomes are wecome��
    Live Long and Fart Loudest::s:

Total Downloaded

Decession made.We are going to ride to this and break it up and stop over night some where just got to sort out other commitments but got a year to do that :-)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast