Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2019 HDRCGB 70th Anniversary International Rally - R2 - Kelso

Total Downloaded
    10.18 MB

Re: 2019 HDRCGB 70th Anniversary International Rally - R2 - Kelso

i still run biker only camping weekends through the winter months ,,,,, unless you have a medical reason ,,,and most accept this with out problems
    but i can see on bigger club rallies that we now have a ageing membership and it would be hard to say no to one of are older members ,,

now heres the problem if you just say camper vans welcome it will set a president and you will find a lot that are young and healthy turning up with there bikes on a trailer ,,
    this has happened at a lot of biker dos ,, and then the food venues and bar suffers as the vans tend to bring there own food and drink ,,

just my thoughts ,,,, old school

john
    (old iron ass)

BMW R80GS winter hack
    1978 FLH80 SHOVELHEAD
    1950 EL hydra glide PANHEAD

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky & Chrissy View Post
    Decession made.We are going to ride to this and break it up and stop over night some where just got to sort out other commitments but got a year to do that :-)
    well said and well done Chrissy, i have just been released from my my firing squad as i said Chrissie break your journey and its great that you will be on a bike, my opinion is my opinion and we are called a riders club for a reason i have attended loads of rallies where folk turn up in motor homes i.e. the heart & soul last year there must have been a good dozen very large motor homes on site without a bike to be seen not even on the back . Maybe i'm stuck in my ways but my preference is a bike only rally if and when the time comes and these ageing limbs give in then it will be a Harley Trike but like I said its my opinion and maybe some folk don't mind the camp site with cars parked on there but it aint my idea of a Bike Rally anyway ride safe Chrissy see you at Kelso I will be in my Chelsea Tractor I mean my Street Glide.

Total Downloaded
    266.18 MB

Decession made.We are going to ride to this and break it up and stop over night some where just got to sort out other commitments but got a year to do that :-)
    Excellent, depending on your times/dates may break the journey with you and Hooky...

R19 Asst. Rep.

Total Downloaded
    10.18 MB

just checked the milage for you its around the 400mls ,,, not as far as i thought (near 500 for me),, early start for me and get the other side of Birmingham ,, then its the easier bit ,,i will allow 10hrs as i hope to ride the Panhead there so starting at midnight should be there around 10am -11am ,
    Hooky & Chrissy just try for 250mls that would get you a good way then rest then the next day just 150 mls to the site ,,
    (Macclesfield Premier inn 250mls for you)

john
    Last edited by devon.john; 15-07-2018 at 07:52 PM.
    (old iron ass)

BMW R80GS winter hack
    1978 FLH80 SHOVELHEAD

Total Downloaded
    518.31 MB

Excellent!!
    Darren Thomas
    Member No:010141

Total Downloaded
    1,018.7 KB

R12 rallies have tradionally catered for all, but always kept the main camping field bikes only. As already stated by many, there are legitimate reasons why some folk can't ride, their friendship is not inferior as a consequence. Whilst I will always ride to a rally, the day my health prevents me, I hope the welcome will not be any the less warm because of it. Yes we are first and foremost a "riders" club, but its the members that make it special not what is ridden.

Total Downloaded
    81.40 MB

Quote Originally Posted by devon.john View Post
    now heres the problem if you just say camper vans welcome it will set a president and you will find a lot that are young and healthy turning up with there bikes on a trailer ,,
    this has happened at a lot of biker dos

just my thoughts ,,,, old school

john

i agree with you john.
    its a hard one to police. ive seen it with non harley events.

i can see both sides of the argument, but from past experience, it turns into a bun fight, and a car event very quickly.
    i left a MCC for this reason. i joined thinking it was a motor cycle club, but it turned out MCC meant, mainly car club.

i wouldnt like to see old, or ill members turned away because they cant physically ride anymore.
    hopefully regional event organisers can keep a lid on the abuse of cars and vans.

you only have to look at the triple rally to see the increasing numbers of able bodied turning up on anything but a bike.
    and thats not a dig at regional members who come in the car etc, to bring equipment and rally set up.
    its aimed at the " it might rain, best take the motor" brigade.

jmho.
    like it or lump it,.

Total Downloaded
    10.18 MB

yes Tim that one reason i run the smaller type camping weekends as you know its all bikes as it should be ,,

i have had one or two contact me and ask if they can bring a van as they were doing the off road rides so of course that a good reason and no problem

or if theres a medical reason again no problem ,,

but lets try and keep this special thing we have separate for the car ,van type of event ,, if the club goes that way well that will bit it for me ,,

john
    (old iron ass)

BMW R80GS winter hack
    1978 FLH80 SHOVELHEAD

Total Downloaded
    11.24 MB

Just catching up with all the last days posts on this and mostly they are what I expected basically this is a riders club and what we love to do is ride our bikes yeh ? so given half a chance the majority of our members will do their best to ride their bike to a rally rather than take an alternative mode of transport so when I say all will be welcome no matter what you arrive on or in, I trust that person/persons have made every effort to ride their bike there rather than take the easy option.

As previous posts have hinted, there can be a tendency for some to look at the forecast for example and use that as an excuse to take a camper van or similar if they are lucky enough to have that option but as a club we certainly don't want that to become the norm. We are the Harley Davidson Riders Club and every effort should be made to ensure as many bikes on the field as possible.
    Region 2 rep.South Scotland
    "Let the good times roll"

Total Downloaded

Well its in the calendar and me and my mate will be attending on bikes from Hampshire. It'll be an overnighter both ways so will be looking for a camp site to frequent ! Might make it "socialable" to find a campsite for a regroup on the Thursday night perhaps near the Lakes ?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast