Thread: 300 rear

Total Downloaded

300 rear

Hi has anyone had any experience of riding with the 300 section rear tyre i am considering buying a Saxon Griffin with said tyre,any input would be appreciated

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    123.46 MB

Re: 300 rear

I assume it's a right side drive and not got the primary straddling the next parking bay.
    There are two kinds of people in this world
    1) Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

Total Downloaded

Total Downloaded

they look cool but at first its abit of a eye opener going around the twisty bits but after a few nervous laughs you get used to it, yes it wont handle like a crotch rocket but it does look much cooler

Total Downloaded

Cheers army still undecided I've had a few 240 bikes found them no problem but fear 300 might be a step too far.dont seem to be many 300 riders out there I think that says something.
    Last edited by coxatom; 31-08-2018 at 11:26 AM.

Total Downloaded
    271.68 MB

......a few months back I rode a rigid chop with a 300 rear to the Blue Mountains and back to Sydney (about 175k). The ride goes over a good section of roads, surfaces and twists. For the first 30k the bike was okay(ish) on straights but, the Incredible Hulk would have struggled to get it around even a shallow bend. The bike also had a tank the size of a mouse's rubber-Johnny so it wasn't long before I had to stop for petrol. After filling up I decided to put a bit more air in the rear tyre. What a revelation. With a bit of inflation the chop would now actually go round bends like .....er a hard-tail chop with undamped springers. Ride was a bit on the harsh side of firm on the smaller roads further up the mountains although, overall it was more or less ridable. The tyre had little wear and I've been told the handling tends to deteriorate rapidly with even moderate wear. I think a 300 rear is fine if all you really want to do is potter around roads with good surfaces but, not for daily use. Also, I don't know what it's like in the UK for 300 tyre supply but, over here you are going to be waiting a couple of weeks for a new tyre in most places.
    Last edited by Phssthpok; 01-09-2018 at 03:33 AM.
    REAL MEN RIDE MOPEDS......

Total Downloaded

Thanks for the reply Mark, never looked at the availability of the 300 as I am almost certain not to be buying as most of the riding is country roads with potholes everywhere. cheers tom uk