Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BoosterPlug

Total Downloaded
    29.27 MB

Re: BoosterPlug

Quote Originally Posted by Battersea View Post
    Believe me Ian if Alex was within a 150 miles, I would.
    Funny that, I've kept thinking something similar, so just Google mappped location and found he's only 107 miles away!
    mmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    81.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Battersea View Post
    Believe me Ian if Alex was within a 150 miles, I would.
    Do what i did, ride up and leave it with him.
    Get train back home. Or make a weekend of it.
    Drop bike, have a few days oop north, then ride it back.

Total Downloaded
    17.52 MB

Quote Originally Posted by wilkyman View Post
    Funny that, I've kept thinking something similar, so just Google mappped location and found he's only 107 miles away!
    mmmmmmmmmmmmm?
    I wish I was that close! Google maps says 228 miles for me Come on Rick, Im all ears.
    Last edited by Battersea; 13-09-2018 at 09:28 PM.
    Coasters Assistant Rep

Total Downloaded
    1,018.7 KB

Quick update - I've been away from home this past week, but while away my neighbour kindly took delivery of the BoosterPlug I ordered before my travel. Anyway, I intend to fit later in the week - ready to play for the weekend (if not before). The fitment requires the removal the entire air filter assembly to gain access to the AIT sensor found on the throttle valve between the cylinder heads. That's easy enough, but I have to route the BoosterPlug external sensor carefully under the tank and zip tie towards the steering head - that will be a little more time consuming I suspect. Anyway, for those following this thread - I'll keep you posted!
    Cheers
    Last edited by Rick; 17-09-2018 at 09:45 PM.

Total Downloaded
    1,018.7 KB

Decided this evening to fit the BoosterPlug at 9pm - so into the garage with cup of tea, radio switched on, tools made ready and bench cleared to lay removed components - all set. The entire air filter assembly easily off in just a few minutes, now exposing the the induction module assembly. Double checked instruction leaflet and found the IAT (intake air temperature) sensor and gingerly disconnect from the left side of the throttle valve assembly - all very straight forward so far. I now have to fit the OEM AIT into the BoosterPlug and then fit the BoosterPlug AIT lead / connector into the throttle valve assembly and then the 3rd long cable with temp sensor runs under fuel tank and positioned under steering head to a cool place with good airflow. Problem for the next hour was trying to connect the AIT into the BosterPlug - you need tiny hands and I just could not do it! The only way this can be properly done is with the seat and fuel tank removed or at very least tank elevated a few inches. So while the task itself is straight forward as makers claim the actual process for a Dyna is unfortunately not. Triumph models and BMW's are quick 10 minute jobs, but Harleys are a balls ache! I'll have another go later this week, too tired now to continue. Will keep you all posted.

Total Downloaded
    49.01 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    The only way this can be properly done is with the seat and fuel tank removed
    First time taking the tank off? No naked flames anywhere then as there'll be petrol everywhere when you remove the balance hose ...

Total Downloaded
    1,018.7 KB

Mate and fellow club member Kev came round earlier tonight and kindly helped me with the tank removal etc - job done in just under an hour. So BoosterPlug now neatly fitted and I'm ready to roll. Weather forecast over next few days is not good, but should get out over weekend, so fingers crossed the device lives up to expectation! Honest review to follow on forum and if I'm totally satisfied I'll do a future write up in the Quin.
    Cheers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123