Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Build.....

Total Downloaded
    30.93 MB

Latest Build.....

Thought I would put this up here as it may interest a few people, I got the motor around 6 months ago when I sold my 67, its a 66 first year Generator Shovel with S&S heads, stock 1200 bottom end I believe and it came from a running bike so I no its good and wont be opening it up at all for the time being!

The frame I got from a guy in Belgium and is a VG 50 panhead wishbone reproduction frame, the guy that owned it had bought it for a project that never took off so it had been sitting around for a couple of years, hence the slight patina!

The motor and frame have been buried at the bottom of my garden in a shed since then as I was finishing the 70 Shovel chop and wanted it out the way as I only have a small garage!

The shovel chop has been on the road for a couple of months and is running like a champ and as winter is heading our way i brought it all out a few weeks back and started staring at it to get some ideas of what i was going to do with it. The plan now is a nice little bobber, its running a later disc shovel front end with a 16" and will be running a panhead mechanical brake setup. Ill also for the first time be running a rocker clutch and hand shift, hence the disc front end

The rear wheel covers I saw on a couple of bikes at the Hook Up chopper show in wales in August and instantly liked em, so grabbed a set when they came up for sale on instagram....

A couple of pics from over the last few weeks..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6217.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	148.7 KB 
ID:	31221
    With the lowbrow WX tanks fitted

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6282.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	31223

This one will slowly take shape over the winter, plan is for it to be done and on the road by the spring next year!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6216.jpg   IMG_6271.jpg  
    Last edited by chopper; 30-09-2018 at 08:46 PM.

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded

Re: Latest Build.....

looking cool already Neil

Total Downloaded
    29.27 MB

Ignorance Alert - is that wheel by any chance known as a dustbin lid wheel?

Total Downloaded
    30.93 MB

Quote Originally Posted by wilkyman View Post
    Ignorance Alert - is that wheel by any chance known as a dustbin lid wheel?
    The wheel is an early star hub but yes the covers can also be known as dustbin lids

Total Downloaded
    109.89 MB

Thumbs up. I really like the lines of that frame. What gearbox is that?
    1980 FXWG / 1985 FXEF / 1984-2008 UK / now in Melbourne, Australia

Total Downloaded
    30.93 MB

Its a mirror polished STD cased 4 speed, has what looks like a full Andrews gear set inside as well which is a result..... Unfortunately its for a later model shovel so the main shaft is to long. i have a NOS correct length main shaft so im possibly going to swap this one over with the box in the 75 shovel as that could do with a rebuild as it leaks more than is usual and the main shaft has a very slight wobble!

Total Downloaded
    30.93 MB

Latest Build.....

Latest pictures from some work I did yesterday. Tyres are very different! Bates Baja. Won’t ever have issues getting out of a muddy field....

Got my hands on a correct gearbox so now don’t need to rebuild the one I have, just needs a kicker adding. It’s another STD cased box which is good
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6360.jpg   IMG_6363.jpg   IMG_6365.jpg  
    Last edited by chopper; 15-10-2018 at 08:05 PM.

Total Downloaded
    46.79 MB

Very nice Neil, Lowbrow had photo up of a guard less Shovel FLH with a Baha front tire, it looked excellent.

Total Downloaded
    30.93 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Boy View Post
    Very nice Neil, Lowbrow had photo up of a guard less Shovel FLH with a Baha front tire, it looked excellent.
    thats what convinced me to go with them, I saw that and was smitten

Total Downloaded
    30.93 MB

Well a while since I updated this! It’s been torn down and sent of to paint etc for a few weeks now, just starting to get it back together again!

Picked the frame up a few weeks back, has been powder coated in satin black as it was going to then be painted, however have changed plans on paint so it’s now staying satin black as it looks so good!

With the motor loosely fitted!

Got a couple of hours into it at the weekend and got it onto it’s wheels

And then got the oil tank in last night along with the rocker clutch and side stand etc.

Now waiting on the paint and a few parts to move it forward in the new year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast