Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Fat Boy boot guard

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,236
    Total Downloaded
    123.46 MB

    Fat Boy boot guard

    Having just spent time removing melted boot remains of the screaming eagle pipes AGAIN on my bike I thought I would look at making some kind of boot guard for the right side rear foot peg. Can't find anything on 'tinternet. Has anyone seen one I can have a look at. I need some ideas for something that does not look too crap. I would have thought someone would have done this before as its such a common problem, for me anyway!
    There are two kinds of people in this world
    1) Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,852
    Total Downloaded
    518.31 MB

    Re: Fat Boy boot guard

    Pillion Foot boards would solve it.....assuming they fit with the V&H exhaust fitted.

    I have a pair for sale at £230 (£327 New)

    HD Pt No's

    Half Moon Pillion Footboards 50810-08
    Fitting Kit 50399-07A (Check they suit your year and bike)

    They are immaculate if interested.

    My better half prefers normal pegs, so have sat in the garage.
    Darren Thomas
    Member No:010141


    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,236
    Total Downloaded
    123.46 MB

    Re: Fat Boy boot guard

    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzlin View Post
    Pillion Foot boards would solve it.....assuming they fit with the V&H exhaust fitted.

    I have a pair for sale at £230 (£327 New)

    HD Pt No's

    Half Moon Pillion Footboards 50810-08
    Fitting Kit 50399-07A (Check they suit your year and bike)

    They are immaculate if interested.

    My better half prefers normal pegs, so have sat in the garage.
    Not the would cure the problem. What tops the heal touching the pipes ? In any case I prefer pegs on the Fatboy because the fold back out of the way when not in use.
    Last edited by Gizmo; 22-10-2018 at 12:27 PM.
    There are two kinds of people in this world
    1) Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,852
    Total Downloaded
    518.31 MB

    Re: Fat Boy boot guard

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Not the would cure the problem. What tops the heal touching the pipes ? In any case I prefer pegs on the Fatboy because the fold back out of the way when not in use.
    It would cure the problem as the entire boot sits on the board, so there is no overhang like a footpeg.......like you would have had on the Fat Boy originally for the rider.

    They also fold up like a foot-peg
    Darren Thomas
    Member No:010141


    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,236
    Total Downloaded
    123.46 MB

    Re: Fat Boy boot guard

    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzlin View Post
    It would cure the problem as the entire boot sits on the board, so there is no overhang like a footpeg.......like you would have had on the Fat Boy originally for the rider.

    They also fold up like a foot-peg
    I still don't understand what actually physically stops the boot touching the pipe. Fatboy pegs do not fold up as the top pipe gets in the way they fold back on my bike (and others I have seen). Maybe there are other pegs with greater offset.
    There are two kinds of people in this world
    1) Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,852
    Total Downloaded
    518.31 MB

    Re: Fat Boy boot guard

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    I still don't understand what actually physically stops the boot touching the pipe. Fatboy pegs do not fold up as the top pipe gets in the way they fold back on my bike (and others I have seen). Maybe there are other pegs with greater offset.
    Ah....are you talking about boots touching the pipe to the inside side of the peg?

    I thought you were talking about heel touching the pipes below, which seems to be an issue on a lot of bikes.

    Pictured here are the pillion half moon boards folded up;



    Alternatively, sell the V&H exhaust and get a 2:1 Bassini Road Rage as no pipe next to the boot anymore;

    Darren Thomas
    Member No:010141


    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,236
    Total Downloaded
    123.46 MB

    Re: Fat Boy boot guard

    I don't have V&H pipes I have screaming eagle as in my original post. The Fatboy shotgun exhausts have the peg coming out between the pipes. I binned the generic Softail V&H pipes that were on it when bought it because I wanted it to look like a Fat Boy. The stock pegs fold back between the pipes. Anyone with this set-up will know the problem well

    I want to shield the top pipe from the boot heel.
    There are two kinds of people in this world
    1) Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,175
    Total Downloaded
    150.24 MB

    Re: Fat Boy boot guard

    I have made a 1 inch spacer for the right footpeg on my fatboy, so it is further out and therefore away from the pipes.

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •