Thread: 11th November when the guns fell silent

Total Downloaded

11th November when the guns fell silent

now then guys and galls what we all doing to mark the 11th November to salute our brave people who gave their todays for our tomorrows a group of us will be travelling to Germany to lay a wreath at the dam where 663 squadron dropped the bouncing bomb and then on Sunday we travel to the cemetery where some of the bomber crews are buried to pay our respects, so lets all say thank you and rest in peace on the 11th November

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    81.40 MB

Re: 11th November when the guns fell silent

Will be up at westminster this sunday with senior.

Total Downloaded
    1,018.7 KB

My birthday falls on 11th - that aside, I'll be wearing a poppy (as I have done all week) and I'll quietly observe the silence to reflect when the clock strikes eleven, along with the millions of others that proudly acknowledge the sacrifices made. Enough said.

Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    My birthday falls on 11th - that aside, I'll be wearing a poppy (as I have done all week) and I'll quietly observe the silence to reflect when the clock strikes eleven, along with the millions of others that proudly acknowledge the sacrifices made. Enough said.
    same here Rick wore my poppy with pride for the last couple of weeks, hopefully the nation will acknowledge the sacrifices made for our freedom. Two years ago I had the opportunity to attend the service at the Ypres on the 11th Nov and it is something I will never forget

Total Downloaded

Stints manning a local poppy stall for the RBL, lay crosses for all trawler men and family members on Lowestoft's RNPS memorial, then down to Twickenham for the All Blacks' game before heading to Westminster for Sunday's ceremony.

Total Downloaded
    188.00 MB

Got to do this.

The picture at about 5.50 mins is the funeral of CPL Channing Day.., A female Medic killed in Afghanistan. RIP.

Remembering those that I know didn't come back and those still suffering.

Arte et Marte

.......They Say That Hard Work Never Hurt Anyone - But Why Risk It!

Total Downloaded
    93.34 MB

Rode with me (other) club to the remembrance service at Seaham to lay a wreath as we do every year, then back to Consett to meet a local veterans charity 'I Support a Hero' and hand over £440 raised at our halloween party. It was a good day. Humbling as ever but always good to take time to remember.
    Region 3, North East, Tyne & Wear

Total Downloaded

big well done to everyone and a big respect. I returned from Dusseldorf last night we visited the Dams on Saturday it was amazing to look down the Dams and think of our guys coming in at over 250mph and only 30ft above the water, Guy Gibson VC went around 4 times being battered by flak as he went. On Sunday we travelled to the Dutch German border where in the large cemetery rests 7500 young men most of them air crews one of them was Bill Otley he was one of my mates uncles so it was his grave where we laid the wreath, his story is that he was only 21yrs old and a Capt of a Lancaster also in charge of the 4th wave can you imagine 21yrs old with that task anyway as he came in and his Lanc was lit up and the flak hit him hard blowing his fuel tanks and exploding the bouncing bomb that was still in the aircraft all killed apart from tail end Charlie who was blown clear his rear turret was found in a forest he was badly burned but he survived he last message heard was Bill saying " I think we have had it chaps" a true hero at such a young age so Lest We forget