728.54 MB

50th T'Centrum Rally 2019

Darren Thomas
    Member No:010141

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    266.18 MB

Re: 50th T'Centrum Rally 2019

And this will be the Club’s “ Euro Run” celebrating and their 50th and our 70th.

Total Downloaded
    94.48 MB

a few are going from region 17
    Rep region 17

Total Downloaded
    266.18 MB

Quote Originally Posted by fat boy steve View Post
    a few are going from region 17
    Excellent...

Total Downloaded
    728.54 MB

Just went to book the crossing for T'Centrum and the Eurotunnel had no space on the Sunday and very limited space on the Monday for the return trip so booked the ferry both ways.

If you aim to do this rally, get in quick as clearly it's a very popular crossing.
    Darren Thomas

Total Downloaded
    85.45 MB

If you want the special T shirt for the T'Centrum run then you'll need to order now, cut off date is tomorrow to be posted before the rally date.
    Buy through the club Products Shop or contact products@hdrcgb.org.uk

Shop

Last edited by spakey; 20-08-2019 at 08:00 PM. Reason: typo
    A.K.A. Spankey
    New Forest Rep.
    Region 19

Total Downloaded
    728.54 MB

A most excellent weekend.

Colin, Gordon, Nobby, Bill, Judy, Steve, PP, Mark and I caught the Harwich ferry 11pm Thursday night and chilled out with a few beers. They were most welcome having felt like we had filtered the entire journely around the M25 due to a car being stranded in the fast lane, then the after effects of other incidents.

Les was a late starter so was going via the Tunnel and riding up Friday.

We took a nice bimbling route around the Dyke that runs parallel to the river and stopped off at a restaurant by the river where we ordered, bacon, eggs and cheese on bread. Was an interesting concoction, but certainally filled a gap and at least it gave time for the frozen nips to return to normal as it was fairly cool at this early hour.

Post fill we made our way to the motorcycle dealership that we stopped off at last year and had a wander about, then it was to the Rally site where we found our spot and made the R19 camp and also bumped into Colin and Ruth, also spotting Ricky and wife making the R19 posse a total of 14, which has to be a record for this Rally.

Not long after we made our way to the bar and started on the jugs of beer, which were going down a treat. Gordon had donated a nice aged bottle of whisky so that too was circulated before attention made it's way to the excellent selection of food on offer, including apple pie and cream.

No band on a Friday, only a DJ, so more beer was consumed until autopilot set in back to the tent.

Saturday was a late start and after breakfast we gathered for a ride out to Woerden where the annual National Veteraan Treffe was being held. It was now shorts and T-Shirt temperature and on arrived we were almost baked. This event was huge. I have never seen so many 2-Stroke motorcycle in one place. There were just too many to view them all, so it was a case of taking in as much as you could whilst snorting at much Castrol R as you could get as it's a smell that fuels great memories.

Suitable smoked out we wandered the local high street for an ice cream and then it was back on the bikes. Gordon, Colin, Mark, Nobby and I headed off to the Harley Davidson dealership and the others made they way back to the Rally site.

Back at the Rally site it was back on the beer whilst listening to the band outside, then into the band tent for a Motorhead tribute band which turned into a R19 quest to get stickers on the lead singers shirt and motorcycle. Well done Bill and Les, mission acomplished.

Back outside for a while and on came The Doors tribute band who were excellent. The lead singer played the part brilliantly and towards the end of the set asked girls to come up to the stage so Judy and PP were legs akimbo over the barrier and on stage quicker than a rat up a drainpipe.

The R19 girls then gave the enthusiastic auduence some dancing.......at least I think that's what it was, but sadly all clothing remained in place for all the girls who made it up there. Was a great moment!

HDRCGB won the best club attendance and some bottles of weird Yegermeister tasting liquid were passed around to celebrate. Thanks to London Dave for the drink.

The next band did a lot of great covers and during this session I went for a wander and bumped into various people for a chat before the beer goggles got the better of my feet and staggered me back to the tent. Must have been a good night as I awoke with one arm out of my T-Shirt so clearly never made it through the full undress procedure.

A great night was had by all.....Hic!

Sunday is the early breakfast, say our goodbye's and head off to the ferry. Just Gordon, Colin and I heading back via the ferry as the others were either on the tunnel of heading to Ghent for one last night and celebrating PP's birthday before heading home via the tunnel. Mark was the star of the early risers as he was packed and off before the sun came up.......we think.......or did Aliens abduct him.

We stopped in Gouda for a coffee and on arrival at the ferry port we stopped again for lunch. On opening my wallet I saw bare material where 120 Euros and around £30 stirling had been the night before. Bollocks, my tent had been raided in the night and all my cash had gone. This was slightly gutting, but we were warned of this last year and again this year so my own fault for leaving my wallet out. Despite this it did not tarnish the fun weekend at all and just put it down to experience. Thanks to Gordon for buying me lunch.

Our ferry trip was really smooth and as there was some rain near Blightly we got the waterproofs on before disembarking only to find it was actually dry in Harwich. It remained dry for 160 miles before it pissed down for the last 7 miles to home. I could not believe it, but thankfully I was dry on arrival. I imagine Colin and Gordon never saw any of the rain being 35 miles away.

In summary another superb weekend with great friends and thanks go out to all involved in making this happen every year.

Now looking forward to 2020!!

Some pics;

Last edited by Dazzlin; 24-09-2019 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Spooling Mistooks
    Darren Thomas

Total Downloaded
    728.54 MB

Darren Thomas

Total Downloaded
    728.54 MB

Darren Thomas

Total Downloaded
    728.54 MB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71001954_10157341227291063_5315089382477135872_n.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	33135
    Last edited by Dazzlin; 23-09-2019 at 06:13 PM.
    Darren Thomas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast