Thread: Another surviver

Total Downloaded
    26.03 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Another surviver

As expected I'm getting the run arround from the DVLA. Although I have supplied them a NOVA registration and an extract from the factory dating records they want more dating evidence, an mot, although this is an Historic vehical, and a type approval certificate WTF.
    Ideas?
    Sussex Coaster

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    38.15 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_A View Post
    As expected I'm getting the run arround from the DVLA. Although I have supplied them a NOVA registration and an extract from the factory dating records they want more dating evidence, an mot, although this is an Historic vehical, and a type approval certificate WTF.
    Ideas?
    Kick it upstairs, by letter if you have to;looks like you've been unfortunate enough to run across one of the few folk in DVLA who doesn't know what they're talking about, most of them are pretty good. For a start there was no such thing as type approval in the UK when that was built, as far as i'm aware.

The problem you will have now is the age old one of getting any civil servant to admit that they were wrong. Good luck with that.
    Much less involved.....

Total Downloaded
    26.03 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well 2nd attempt at registration will be off to the DVLA to-morrow, Dating certificate from John Warr (very good service) and an MOT to-day. We'll have to see where the type approval thing goes.
    Sussex Coaster

Total Downloaded
    334.6 KB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know whether it still applies Simon but when I have been through this process proof of insurance was necessary.
    Good luck.

Total Downloaded
    26.03 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite right Dave, and proof of who you are. They like making the envelope big ��
    Sussex Coaster

Total Downloaded
    29.27 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's any consolation, my brother took something like four or five attempts before finally getting sorted with a little Aprilia thing. The worst bit was the dating "certificate" from Piaggi (I think), that cost 40 Euros direct from Italy, but looked as if it had been badly forged by a blind man. He duly sent it off and it was quite rightly rejected.
    He then complained to Piaggi UK and received a full apology and a proper certificate and finally got it all sorted!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12