Thread: RIP Geoff Morton

Total Downloaded
    22.13 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RIP Geoff Morton

Very sad to hear Geoff passed away yesterday 02/01/2019. Geoff was a great bloke, what you see is what you get kind of person who you could always rely on to help you and the club out. He accepted everyone and was never one to judge others always seeing the best in people and life. Well apart from Harley Davidson when they sold him a bike that leaked oil from the transmission to the primary. First met Geoff in 2008 when he turned up to the International at Oswestry on his newly acquired Road King. He camped with us and was soon dragged in to a proper New Forest Rally weekend of alcohol and substance misuse. Anyway first thoughts were, seems ok but a bit to Hoggie for this and he will never last. Needless to say he stuck around and we benefitted from his enthusiasm, help and friendship over the years. After a while he started to look a bit more grizzly ,in a clean sort of way, and took to dancing at Rally?s after consuming large quantities of ale. Geoff soon became a national committee member and it was a shame to see him head off to work in the states but good to have him back for the past couple of years since he retired. He got right back in to the swing of it, becoming New Forest Assistant Rep and a Committee member again and most recently Club Secretary a job which he seemed to be made for.Finding it hard to absorb this very sad news Geoff as you always seemed so fit and healthy, glad we got to ride many miles together and have a laugh. Good luck on the other side - Remember not to speed and if they have PowerPoint can you send us a presentation to let us know what it?s like.Condolences to Yvonne and family.RIP mate
    Patrick

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    10.24 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: RIP Geoff Morton

over the years i got to know and like Geoff ,,,, his involvement with RTTW setting up a club stand and making everyone welcome ,

he wanted to get involved with the club and asked me if i would prepose him for a committee post witch he was elected ..

then his job changed and was off to the states ,,,, on his return we here he had had a bad accident and wasn't sure if he could get back riding , with some of us trying

hard to persuade him he was soon back riding and again helping with the running of are club ,,

then out of the blue we hear he is not well ,, and then the news he has lost the fight ,,,,

there worrying about riding his bike and this has happened , a very sad day for me the club and his family ,,

we never got to ride the coast that you wanted to do but i have lots of good memories of a good man ,,

R,I,P Geoff

john
    (old iron ass)

BMW R80GS winter hack
    1978 FLH80 SHOVELHEAD
    1950 EL hydra glide PANHEAD

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done Pat you have said it all! geoff was a true gent, the region and the club will miss him

Total Downloaded
    653.85 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very well said Patrick, a great gentleman and a big loss to your region and the club.

R.I.P. Geoff and condolences to Yvonne and family.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	half mask-20150625-100810.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	31615
    wine [there is the] truth"

Total Downloaded
    85.29 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A sad day for Region 19 and the national club. Our sincere condolences to Yvonne, family and friend. RIP Geoff.
    A.K.A. Spankey Region 19 Rep.FLSTFBS 2016

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very sad news, a good man with The Region and National Club at his heart. There is no doubt that we will miss his enthusiasm and his IT and organisational skills. Our thoughts are with his family and many friends.
    The Biker

Products Manager

Total Downloaded
    302.79 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very sad news, a great bloke and friend. Will be missed on road trips and rally's. Such a shame as he had just got his retirement planed out. RIP Geoff, Shar and Alan

Total Downloaded
    2.13 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Copy of my post about Geoff that I put in the club business thread, feels only right to include in our own regions .

The speed of Geoffs passing from first hearing of his illness to the sad news yesterday is just so cruel and hard to comprehend and has caught us all with such surprise and indeed shock.

Geoff brought a professionalism and business acumen from his management career into both Region 19 and the club nationally. A decent kind bloke who would work tirelessly in helping in anyway possible where ever he could.
    I often joked about "powerpoint presentation" Geoff , a few years ago the thought of such a thing at a region 19 AGM was unheard of but that was Geoff. If he got involved in something it was done well and that was just what he did and the way he worked.

My sincerest condolences to Yvonne and all his family and friends.

You will be sadly missed.

R.i.P. mate

1997 FXDL

Assistant Rep & Treasurer
    Region 19 New Forest

Total Downloaded
    663.26 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is truly shocking as it was only a short time ago we were having a beer and planning for 2019, when shortly after he succumbed to his illness......yet never expected to read this outcome.

Geoff (Ulysses) was a fantastic genuine person with a heart of Gold and a true champion of the club which R19 were lucky to have him in our region.

Ride Free and Safe Geoff, RIP my friend

Photo of Geoff at the 2018 Wallace Rally, after helping a fellow HDRCGB member which involved a 120 mile round trip to Glasgow and back.

As said, a Heart of Gold

Darren Thomas
    Member No:010141

Total Downloaded
    3.17 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andy real ale View Post
    Copy of my post about Geoff that I put in the club business thread, feels only right to include in our own regions .

The speed of Geoffs passing from first hearing of his illness to the sad news yesterday is just so cruel and hard to comprehend and has caught us all with such surprise and indeed shock.

Geoff brought a professionalism and business acumen from his management career into both Region 19 and the club nationally. A decent kind bloke who would work tirelessly in helping in anyway possible where ever he could.
    I often joked about "powerpoint presentation" Geoff , a few years ago the thought of such a thing at a region 19 AGM was unheard of but that was Geoff. If he got involved in something it was done well and that was just what he did and the way he worked.

My sincerest condolences to Yvonne and all his family and friends.

You will be sadly missed.

R.i.P. mate
    I could not agree more with your comments & Pats, well everyones really.
    When Geoff first came onto the scene region 19 were just not ready for his organisational skills so he redirected his energy into the national club, however after returning from the USA he became an assistant rep for our region & at our agm in 2018 ran a great powerpoint presentation & promoted support for local charities.
    He put loads of effort & enthusiasm into everything he did & he will be greatly missed by the club & of course his family & friends.

Condolences

Feather & Netty

RIP Geoff.

Assistant Rep.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast