Thread: +.005in pistons

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+.005in pistons

My original post seems to have gone missing? Any road up, are there +.005in pistons available for Evo's (or any other Harley) available in the UK? I have a set for my WLC, so I don't need any, its just that I have found that when you get a rebore they normally go straight to +020's, why would you need +.005's. They are definitely available in the US.

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    123.46 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: +.005in pistons

You can get a rebore any size you want. For a rebuild I would want to take off as little as possible. The more you remove, the fewer times you are going to be able to rebore it in the future.

http://www.jepistons.com/Catalogs/Po...evo_85-99.aspx

Or UK vender. From 5 thou over

https://www.harleycustom.co.uk/produ...-t-kb920/30748
    Last edited by Gizmo; 08-01-2019 at 12:43 PM.

Total Downloaded
    11.81 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: +.005in pistons

I delayed answering because my Trouble-and-Chain has relegated all my tech books to the loft and I have learnt not to answer in haste - which was wise because I had thought the Evo had four oversizes, ten to forty thou. Turns out it is five, ten, twenty and thirty only....which made me double check the 1340 shovel. Thought that was ten to forty as well but it is only ten to thirty. (out of curiosity checked your five thou WL pistons, there they are - five to seventy thou)

(As you remember, I got some ten thou pistons for my 74" shovel back when Coburn & Hughes were selling up and none of the HD shops were willing to grind them, they all said first grind always needs twenty. Tony Bairstow put me onto an old wood floorboards shop in Sarf Londin' called Board Brothers who carefully made my tens fit ok.)
    (for non-shovel folks, they are available ten to seventy for the 1200)