Thread: V&H Monster Oval fitment Query

Total Downloaded

V&H Monster Oval fitment Query

Currently running a 2010 Ultra with a set of V&H dresser dual headers with a set of twin slash oval V&H slip on's at the minute.

Now I bought a set of 2nd hand Monster Oval's as I've always liked the look of them.

Went to fit them today but found that the silencer was about 2 - 3 inchs short of the rear mount, now I didnt get the clamps or the plates for the rear mount just the silencers themselves. Am I missing any bits out of the kit?

I've looked at the V&H Instruction sheet and nothing seems to be jumping out at me.

The numbers on the mufflers themselves are correct (D720/1RC).

Any one have any experience with this product?

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    523.86 MB

Re: V&H Monster Oval fitment Query

Not sure if this is any help Les, but the video does show a bracket replacement for the rear https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyK5F1CuAXg

It appears that you remove the standard bracket and install the V&H one, so perhaps this is the bit that moves the fixing centres for the nut plate;

Maybe it's a kit you can buy from V&H?
    Darren Thomas
    Member No:010141

Total Downloaded

Re: V&H Monster Oval fitment Query

Thanks Mate,

By this stage in my head scratching i have been informed that the problem is the "wrong" bracket !!
    The one for the Monster Ovals is OffSet so that it bolts to the exhaust muffler and extends to the rear so it is then is slid into the rubber grommet in the rear pannier subframe.
    Managed to get the bracket number from MCS up in Manchester (thanks Arthur) now just need to track down the brackets themselves (492P or the superseded 507P).
    If not then it'll be a bit of local manufacture !