Thread: Milwauki 8

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Milwauki 8

well i thought i'm in Preston on Monday so i thought kill two birds with a large stone I will book my Street Glide in for the clutch recall whilst i'm there. Well firstly the waiting list could be 2 to 3 months and the kit does not resolve the oil migration issue affecting certain M8s the service guy informed me that Harley D have decided that the oil migration is not a serious fault because the gear box will retain enough oil to eliminate any damage oh that's good so we carry on riding with a thimble full of oil and a box that has more chance of picking the lottery numbers than any gears

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    49.01 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Milwauki 8

Quote Originally Posted by Army View Post
    I will book my Street Glide in for the clutch recall whilst i'm there. Well firstly the waiting list could be 2 to 3 months and the kit does not resolve the oil migration issue
    The clutch recall as I understand it replaces the rubber seal in the secondary clutch actuator which was allowing air to enter the clutch fluid thus compromising clutch control. This is a different fault altogether to the transmission fluid migrating into the primary case.

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Milwauki 8

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Lane View Post
    The clutch recall as I understand it replaces the rubber seal in the secondary clutch actuator which was allowing air to enter the clutch fluid thus compromising clutch control. This is a different fault altogether to the transmission fluid migrating into the primary case.
    How do Alex your right but I cant believe Harley aint concerned that the gearbox can empty to the point where I have a clutch doing the front crawl in north seas finest and a bunch of cogs that stick together like a boiled sweet in your best hanky