Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Dad

Total Downloaded
    334.6 KB

Re: My Dad

Paul, this is a gonna be a highly emotional time for you and I hope you find the strength and the qualities you need to get through it. A decent relationship with yer dad offers you the best grounding on to how to deal with life's challenges and it certainly sounds like you had that; cherish it always, 'coz that relationship will sustain you as long as you walk this earth.

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    11.81 MB

Sorry Paul, lost mine to The Big C as John Wayne called it as well but I was a schoolboy then. I'm glad you had time together as adults, my dad wasn't the cuddles and piggy-backs type of bloke so I would have liked to learn adult skills from him AND to have been able to ask WW2 questions that never occurred to me as a teenager. Like Ming says, you do have memories to cherish and maybe someday you will pass those on to a son?

Total Downloaded

Sorry to hear about your dad Paul my thoughts are with you. kimbo

Total Downloaded
    30.49 MB

As long as you hold him in your memories, he'll be with you. Cancer's a bastard, as most of us know to a greater or lesser degree. I found out my mother had died whilst we were taking a walk on the north Norfolk coast. I remember bawling my eyes out because I wasn't with her, standing trying to look out to sea. It was only later I realised that I'd spent every evening for months watching her get weaker and weaker in that hospital bed, and for the week before she died she wasn't aware of anything. It was a blessing I didn't have to watch and hear her last breath, so I don't have that as my last memory of her.
    Sudbury, Suffolk

"If you aren't crashing, you aren't trying hard enough" Some racer from opp north

Sir Thomas Beecham is reported to have said to a female cellist who was having a particularly poor rehearsal, "Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!"

Total Downloaded
    412.0 KB

Condolences to you and your family paul ,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12