Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Route 500

Re: Route 500

Our original itinerary is below. However, we didn't do everything on there, we swapped some stuff around.

Check the NC500 website and plan your days, but stay flexible and do the other stuff as you find out about it. There is a lot of miles, on some challenging roads (all rideable) so see how it goes on the day.

As previously mentioned, I'd ride straight from the Ceilidh Place to the Weigh Inn if I was doing it again. I originally planned in the Maryck as, based on some comments online I thought the route would be tiring on that day. It wasn't, so ride the bridge in Kylesku and push on to Thurso.

DAY 1
    STATION HOTEL
    CULLODENIV2 5EU
    CAWDOR CASTLEIV12 5RD
    SCOTTISH DOLPHIN CENTREIV32 7PJ
    ROGIE FALLSIV14 9EQ
    HOTELAPPLECROSS INNIV54 8LR

191 MILES
    4 HR 56

Day 2
    APPLECROSS INN
    ISLE OF EWE SMOKEHOUSEIV22 2JJ
    CEILIDH PLACEIV26 2TY

116 MILES
    3 HOURS 13

Day 3
    CELIDH PLACE
    MARYCK B&B

32 MILES
    48 MINUTES

Day 4
    MARYCK B&B
    THE WEIGH INNKW14 7UG

105 MILES
    2 HOURS 48

Day 5
    THE WEIGH INN
    DUNNETT Head KW14 8YEMOST NORTHERLY POINT IN UK
    CASTLE OF MEYKW14 8XH
    JOHN O'GROATS
    WICK
    DUNROBIN CASTLE KW10 6SF
    CHANONRY POINTIV10 8SDWHALE SPOTTING
    STATION HOTELIV9 8PP

147 MILES
    3 HOURS 38

Day 6STATION HOTEL
    EILEAN DONAN CASTLEIV40 8DX
    HOME

479 MILES
    9 HOURS 14

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

cheers my friend that is superb

Just a point of note, I used the vast bulk of this route as part of my Iron Butt ride a few years ago, so if you're looking to just do it as a ride-out, it's perfectly feasible without stopovers!

The Iron Butt people were well impressed that I'd managed it given the lack of 70mph roads available.

Quote Originally Posted by wilkyman View Post
    Just a point of note, I used the vast bulk of this route as part of my Iron Butt ride a few years ago, so if you're looking to just do it as a ride-out, it's perfectly feasible without stopovers!

The Iron Butt people were well impressed that I'd managed it given the lack of 70mph roads available.
    Respect Mike coz my soft buttocks normally have that bruised feel after 350 miles in fact as sore as a Choir boy who is good buddies with catholic priest

Quote Originally Posted by Army View Post
    Respect Mike coz my soft buttocks normally have that bruised feel after 350 miles in fact as sore as a Choir boy who is good buddies with catholic priest
    Thanks Andy, I was achy for a day or two but a hell of a good day. Of the four of us who did it, one cut a chunk out as it was just too much but at least he had the decency to greet us with beer when we finished.

Quote Originally Posted by wilkyman View Post
    Thanks Andy, I was achy for a day or two but a hell of a good day. Of the four of us who did it, one cut a chunk out as it was just too much but at least he had the decency to greet us with beer when we finished.
    ah friends serving beer at the end of a long run ya cant beat it well ya can I suppose, 2 friends serving beer ah bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Army View Post
    How do guys n gals i'm thinking of riding Route 500 up in Scotland now i know some of the club have ridden it especially the folk from region 1 and 2 but i could do with some info i.e. the Route itself start to finish, places of interest, hotels or BBs and maybe some decent pubs on the Route
    Did you ever do this Andy?

5 of us are booking for 2022 just trying to decide if to go clockwise or Anti clockwise

2019 Fat Bob 114

Quote Originally Posted by Bobba Fatt View Post
    Did you ever do this Andy?

5 of us are booking for 2022 just trying to decide if to go clockwise or Anti clockwise
    How do Jason we couldn't get any accommodation booked every single place was booked up but Its still on the agenda, I might just take the tent when we are able to go outside and play

Ok cheers, we are starting to book now for next year, so fingers crossed this doesn’t last another year

2019 Fat Bob 114

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12