Thread: Quick books

Total Downloaded
    44.21 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quick books

Hi any of you guys use Quick books? My book keeper is a pain and she leaves my accounts and vat right up until the last minute!! so was thinking of doing them myself..So what do you think? and is it worth paying for?

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    229.88 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Quick books

Quote Originally Posted by MR P View Post
    Hi any of you guys use Quick books? My book keeper is a pain and she leaves my accounts and vat right up until the last minute!! so was thinking of doing them myself..So what do you think? and is it worth paying for?
    Hi Graham

When I first started self employment as a sole trader I used Quick Books and I found it very good. That was a few years ago but looking at the TV adverts now it looks a whole lot better. I remember it took me a while to get 'into' it as it actually did more than I needed. If I went self employed sole trader again I would definitely use it.
    I would imagine the cost of it is deductible against expenses (similar to your accountant fees)

Total Downloaded
    123.46 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quickbooks is great for small businesses I think they have the march on MTD (tax digital) which you have to use this year anyway. Sack your bookkeeper and get a better one. No excuse for last minute submissions and you risk a hefty fine.

The HMRC web site has a list of software providers that are MTD compliant. It's worth a look at those if you want options.

Avoid Sage like the plague!
    Last edited by Gizmo; 28-01-2019 at 09:27 AM. Reason: additional info

Total Downloaded
    44.21 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks Tom.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomG View Post
    Hi Graham

When I first started self employment as a sole trader I used Quick Books and I found it very good. That was a few years ago but looking at the TV adverts now it looks a whole lot better. I remember it took me a while to get 'into' it as it actually did more than I needed. If I went self employed sole trader again I would definitely use it.
    I would imagine the cost of it is deductible against expenses (similar to your accountant fees)
    Thanks Tom. It’s more the time factor as we have a lot of material receipts to process and 4 vat returns. I will save me a fair bit of cash as I pay £1000.00 a year to my book keeper but don’t want it to take up to much of my time.

Total Downloaded
    229.88 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MR P View Post
    Thanks Tom. Thanks Tom. It’s more the time factor as we have a lot of material receipts to process and 4 vat returns. I will save me a fair bit of cash as I pay £1000.00 a year to my book keeper but don’t want it to take up to much of my time.
    £1000 pa seems a bit hefty unless you are running employees (that's just my thoughts though). I think their new receipt handling component is good. I haven't checked but I think Quick books is HMRC compliant. A few years back they did accept print outs from my program.
    And like Phil says don't go near Sage - unless your name is Peter Jones and have staff to do it.
    Last edited by TomG; 28-01-2019 at 11:06 AM.

Total Downloaded
    123.46 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Total Downloaded
    11.81 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not directly on topic but I've just done my online self assessment, always with hassles however this time it came up with a gem - 'bout a third of the way through I realised it was assessing me as "HD Riders Club GB"!! WTF? As you can guess I've never entered that in anything to do with the IR. Would happily go back to paper filing I think.

Total Downloaded
    123.46 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul P. View Post
    Not directly on topic but I've just done my online self assessment, always with hassles however this time it came up with a gem - 'bout a third of the way through I realised it was assessing me as "HD Riders Club GB"!! WTF? As you can guess I've never entered that in anything to do with the IR. Would happily go back to paper filing I think.
    I recently got caught out when EBAY decided to merge my EBAY and paypal accounts (business and personal) together and started taking transactions from the wrong account. It seems Google's strategy is to merge all online accounts together that use the same Google account (in my case gmail) It cause absolute chaos. Took ages to unpick the mess.

If you use more than one gmail account. Or log into more than one Google account on the same computer be very very careful. Anyone else that has access to a shared gmail account may also be able to log into all your personal stuff as well.
    Last edited by Gizmo; 28-01-2019 at 01:41 PM.

Total Downloaded
    13.34 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use quick books. Find it very easy to use and as long as I keep on top of things its plain sailing.

Still as fast and just as friendly!

so which will I be today?

Total Downloaded
    44.21 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Thanks Phill i just had a good read up.. Im £270.00 under the vat threshold over the last year so i can deregister

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast