Thread: currently running on empty

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

currently running on empty

i aint been on that much this week but me and my good wife are feeling slightly empty due to our youngest daughter going on another journey 2 yrs ago she went travelling to various places but ending up in Oz but this time its Canada for well maybe forever. She flies out tomorrow and I know its her new adventure but when your close to your kids its such a wrench and a worry but we have to let go and enjoy the time we have and wish them all the best on their travels, anyway I just felt like letting off abit of emotional steam i'm sure I will be back firing on all 2 pots pretty soon.

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    20.38 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: currently running on empty

I cant imagine its an easy thing, we have daughters, suppose you just have to try be happy for them.
    Time is precious, waste it wisely.

Total Downloaded
    229.72 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We reach an age where our kids want to do their own thing. All that we can do is 'be there' for them and hope all goes well.

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are in New Zealand now visiting our daughter Laura and her boyfriend Marc who emigrated 7 years ago after traveling the world for a year. They are now NZ citizens now. When we are at home we skype al the time and we see Laura more than one of our sons that lives 30 miles away. On the up side we have a free place to stay when in Christchurch. At the moment we are touring both islands for a month staying with then at the start and finish of our holiday. This is our 2nd visit and if I was 30 years younger I would emigrate here in a heartbeat. Will be sad when we leave but they are very happy in NZ and that is all we want.

Total Downloaded
    229.72 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Years ago when in our teens, my wife and I looked into moving to NZ. We had all the paperwork, job semi set up, gone through checks at NZ House etc. One day when I was on breakdowns I was sent to a car where the owner had the same surname as me. Got talking - checked her address - she explained she was only staying here a while as she was an Estate Agent from NZ who did work for local her local council to do with housing. She went home and she sent quite a bit of info on how to rent / buy and local councils info and stuff. Something cropped up in the family and we never went. To this day on an idle moment I think of what might have been.

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by customjim View Post
    We are in New Zealand now visiting our daughter Laura and her boyfriend Marc who emigrated 7 years ago after traveling the world for a year. They are now NZ citizens now. When we are at home we skype al the time and we see Laura more than one of our sons that lives 30 miles away. On the up side we have a free place to stay when in Christchurch. At the moment we are touring both islands for a month staying with then at the start and finish of our holiday. This is our 2nd visit and if I was 30 years younger I would emigrate here in a heartbeat. Will be sad when we leave but they are very happy in NZ and that is all we want.
    Hi Jim and a big thank you to all for any reply to this thread, we returned from Heathrow last night having said goodbye to our Youngest Sophie and her boyfriend it was quite emotional watching them go through departures they travelled onto Toronto arriving safely they told us today of the huge snow drifts and the ice cold wind I know this is the 2nd time they have travelled but it doesn't get any easier but they are excited and happy and they do need to fly and explore the world so yes I am sad but very proud like we all should be of our families.

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M&M View Post
    I cant imagine its an easy thing, we have daughters, suppose you just have to try be happy for them.
    your right Liam we should be happy and proud and full of joy for them opening their wings like a butterfly on her first journey but I think its because of the love that we have for them that when we say goodbye its so difficult