Thread: 200mm rear tyres and belt clearences

Total Downloaded

200mm rear tyres and belt clearences

Hi Folks can anyone who has a softail standard or nightrain with a 200mm rear tyre please tell me what there clearences is belt to tyre and pulley to swingarm. The reason being I am trying to get a chrome wheel in mine and I have just looked at the clearences as standered and mine looks really thight as it is . Hope this makes sense. Any help would be great Cheers.

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    334.6 KB

Re: 200mm rear tyres and belt clearences

What year is your bike, Keith? Until 2004, the OE rear tyre was initially a 130, then a 150. From the 2005 MY, 200 rears were introduced for the Softail Standard and Night Trains, but with an offset primary and a different frame.

Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Ming the Merciless View Post
    What year is your bike, Keith? Until 2004, the OE rear tyre was initially a 130, then a 150. From the 2005 MY, 200 rears were introduced for the Softail Standard and Night Trains, but with an offset primary and a different frame.
    Sorry my bike is a 06 and has a 200mm . I,am trying to get a 07 FXSTC rear wheel to fit I think i am nearly there just got a spacer to fit behind the pulley. I know the spacer near the swing arm is diffrent and have got that . I was just looking at the bike and as it is there is very little clearence with the stock wheel in . So i just was wondering what other peoples clearences where . cheers

Total Downloaded
    334.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by billytwobags View Post
    Sorry my bike is a 06 and has a 200mm.
    Okay, thanks makes sense. Mine is an '03 with a 150 rear, so I'm unable to help!

Total Downloaded

Cheers Peter i have just mesured the clearence from the belt to tyre and its approx 5mm . Just never relaised how tight the clearence was cheers for your reply