Thread: fxr swingarm bushings

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fxr swingarm bushings

hi guys just picked up an aftermarket swing arm for my fxr , the bushings in my stock swinger are dead and the arm is not in the best condition , is their any tricks hints to fitting the new isolators into the new to me JMC arm

cheers
    chris

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    412.0 KB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: fxr swingarm bushings

As long as you drive in the new cleveblocks from the outside diameter of them, not the inner one as they will get trashed. That and new compliance rings. Measure the old swingarm to see how far they need to go in. Make sure the swingarm pivot pin is greased up as they can get stuck in the gearbox(due to corrosion). Have you a manual for the details ? That'll help no end. It really will.

You can use a socket that fits inside the swingarm pivot holes and some threaded rod with nuts and washers etc to draw the cleveblocks into the holes. Better than bashing them in. Best of luck and tell us how it goes please.

I'm making some assumptions here that this aftermarket arm will accept HD fittings.
    90' FLHS

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: fxr swingarm bushings

the jmc is fine with the harley bushings ,, will give the threaded bar idea a go cheers