Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: London ULEZ and permissible bikes.

Total Downloaded
    11.81 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: London ULEZ and permissible bikes.

Hey Dave, what about your motorised armchair thingy...is that compliant? (when Geoff finally collects his bike from Andy you could rent the vacant spot!)

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you’re in the same position as me, not in the ULEZ....YET!
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I *think* euro3 came in in 2007. Hope I’m wrong, although may still be worth a call to hd. 100 is only if you need the confirmation of compliance, they should be able to advise you then you can submit the relevant paperwork to Mr Khan if it’s ok.

Total Downloaded
    10.73 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul - armchair thingy - if you are referring to my London Gad-about, (and a bit of continental touring) the Suzuki Burgman; that's on an 08 plate, so no wucking forries! Chris S - Will need to check the dates, but say ULEZ is using the cut off date when Euro3 was implemented. Motorcycle manufacturers would have been made aware of impending changes and specifications some years beforehand. So say Japanese (and US?) manufacturers needed to do very little, if anything, to meet Euro3, you would find the following year all their models would be compliant and that could well be a couple of years before implementation. They would not leave it to the day before. So I am reasonably sure my 2006 registered StreetRod would be compliant (fingers crossed), just needs to be checked, probably via the chassis number. How ULEZ, with its cut off date of 2007, will recognise this I do not know. Allegedly one of the reasons given for dropping the VRod range and Victory was that it would not be feasible to make the changes for future legislation. So the Street range and M8 models will, but probably means HD will have to develop a new Sportster (4valve?) engine. I well remember in the late 70s and the bringing in of lead free engines, the Japanese had to do nothing as they had been producing them for many years previously. Not that they want to, because it is costly, I am sure I read that HD made 2 types of engine, a 49 state and rest of the world and a California model that also sold in Switzerland. But anything classic (over 40 years?) will be exempt!! Like I said over 2 years away yet. Oh, and I will have to change my car, if I do not want to pay. Great innit.

Total Downloaded
    34.44 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

London ULEZ and permissible bikes.

get one with a cigarette lighter next time please ???? lol
    Mike. London Region Rep

Total Downloaded
    108.21 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ffhuey View Post
    get one with a cigarette lighter next time please ???? lol
    Power socket. Cigarette lighter is so 1970's.

Total Downloaded
    93.34 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just filled in the consultation on Tyne and Wear's proposed CAZ yesterday. It's a massive area they're proposing at £12.50 a day for cars that aren't exempt + £1.70 to cross any of the bridges between Newcastle and Gateshead. For now bikes aren't subject to the charge.
    Region 3, North East, Tyne & Wear

Total Downloaded
    11.81 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Little prediction/warning for those lucky to who have compliant vehicles and the smug cyclists - once you lot are the only ones coming into town "they" will see you as an untapped resource and will find ways to make you pay......after all, how will "they" pay all their pension scheme members in years to come.

Total Downloaded
    10.73 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By stealth. The London mayor now wants private hire vehicles (not black cabs) to pay the ?12.50 congestion zone charge, (reckoned to be about 20 thousand vehicles a day). Tidy. And the charge rises well above inflation every few years; it will never go down. You are gonna have to work til you drop Paul. Your tax and NI contributions are paying my pension!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12