Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Again with the indicators!

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Again with the indicators!

Hello David, It was a learning curve but I got there in the end, thanks for your advice you taught me something I didn't know. I didn't intend using those connectors they were just for testing so I'm going to look up those connectors you mention. I think the reason it was acting so weird was because I had some ultra cheap indicators on it from China (just for testing) once I dug out the old HD indicators it responded normally once the wiring was correct. Really appreciate your time and help
    Quote Originally Posted by David Barnby View Post
    Also mate you need two bulbs in the circuit for the flasher unit to work. only one bulb and it will just stay on without flashing. can't see how you have it as only shows one bulb. so both lefts (front and back) have to be in circuit for left blinker to function. whatever you do don't use those connectors on the bike. they are not good. nowadays you can buy for very low cost some nice modern automotive plugs and sockets that are waterproof, electrically and mechanically reliable on amazon.

Have you got a meter you can use? then we can talk you through a few steps to get it working

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    11.10 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Again with the indicators!

Quote Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
    Hello Paul. Thanks, I've just come out of the garage and JOB DONE. I couldn't have done it without your help I really appreciate it.
    No problem Glenn, glad I could help.

Sent from my SM-T595 using Tapatalk

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12