Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After 27 years..........new bike

Total Downloaded
    11.81 MB

Re: After 27 years..........new bike

Lovely looking bike, sorry to hear the old FXEF has gone....how about one more look for old times?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan0011.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	32191

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    46.12 MB

Very nice . Look forward to some updates as the miles rack up Dave. A pleasant change to hear of a dealership that accomodates a customers requests .I take it the mods you've done won't affect the warranty ? Dealers here are notoriously fickle "sorry sir, thats not covered."

Total Downloaded
    109.89 MB

Quote Originally Posted by The Yukon Sizzler View Post
    Very nice . Look forward to some updates as the miles rack up Dave. A pleasant change to hear of a dealership that accomodates a customers requests .I take it the mods you've done won't affect the warranty ? Dealers here are notoriously fickle "sorry sir, thats not covered."
    Good question. Nope. This dealer did all this work, happily got me S&S air intake and mufflers, V&H headers, PV Dynojet tune..... and they stand behind it with full H-D warranty. And was happy to install top-quality USA-made parts they had never seen before i.e. Super Shox, Patriot fork springs, Freedom Shield screen.

Why? ''Well, these are obviously good bits, and you are spending plenty with us...no issue.'' Which is why i travelled 200 miles from home to buy this bike from a non-Melbourne dealer, because the big city dealerships here are notorious, shall we say.

The dealer I bought this off is run by a family of motorcycle enthusiasts, not a venture capital/car-franchise group. And the male members of the family ride and work on Pans and Shovels. We were once on a Shovel run up near them maybe 7-8 years ago and we turned up to the shop on our old kickstart leakers because a couple of the guys had issues, needed parts, etc. The dealer principal loaned one of us a battery to get home, got his mechanic to sort out other shit on another bike for free. I have a very long memory, and I told the owner last week exactly why I was buying a bike and spending a LOT with him. He was gratified. So was I. They did me a great deal overall. And I got a nice discount without even asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul P. View Post
    Lovely looking bike, sorry to hear the old FXEF has gone....how about one more look for old times?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan0011.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	32191
    Ha ha ha ha ha!!! To paraphrase our 1980s local hero down here, Mick 'Crocodile' Dundee: ''That's not green - THIS was GREEN!!''

Total Downloaded
    95.99 MB

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidave View Post
    Yes. Just needed to add ABS bearings. Until a year ago a chrome version was available in the parts catalog but it is no longer offered. But there are NOS/new takeoffs of these wheels all over the internet. They do fit 2019 touring bikes.
    Thanks dave. I assume they used the road glides spacers??
    I want to change the front wheel on the street glide, to the one you have.

Total Downloaded
    109.89 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Halal Tim View Post
    Thanks dave. I assume they used the road glides spacers??
    They used ''front wheel install kit 41454-08B'' to make that 2011/12 wheel fit my 2019. That kit comprises ABS bearings and spacers (rear wheel ''install kit'' was 41453-08C)

See here: https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...stallation-kit

Total Downloaded
    95.99 MB

Thanks dave. I used a similar kit when i put a deuce rear wheel on the wide glide.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12