Thread: Fags

Total Downloaded
    12.65 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fags

Well - i was a heavy smoker for 35 years. Gave up 3 months ago and have done well and never had a fag. Mix of patches for a week or so and then the odd vape. However today i had some serious personal crap to deal with and bought myself 20 Marlboro. Smoked 3 of em and then chucked the rest out the car window. Im still on the odd vape tonight and im fine, 20 fags were £12.09 - wtf. BTW ( for Last Shovel) a fag over here is different lol (google it mate), So im back to being a non-smoker. Can i afford to smoke/vape or should i spend it on petrol? Opinions on a "whats going on basis" - right im off to look for me chucked packet . Its all madness and lifes too short
    Only dead fish swim with the tide

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    6.56 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Fags

It's a drug, we are addicted.

There's always an excuse.

Have you read the Alan Carr book? It's worth a go.
    Time out of mind

Total Downloaded
    12.65 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is always a reason/excuse = i make no excuses. Its just how it is. I was dissapointed in myself and am now back on track. Thanks Rod for the input.
    Only dead fish swim with the tide

Total Downloaded
    21.02 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ayup Tone me dook, been vaping for at least 5 years now. I use baccy flavoured oil & I suppose it costs around 3-4 quid a week. BUT most importantly, I've NEVER craved a fag since I started, not even to "see what it's like". And even more importantly, with the money I saved, I bought a used Softail in great nick. Kinda puts things into perspective dunnit?

Total Downloaded
    1.07 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my experience, it was a cycle, sitting outside the tent, bacon butty, and a cup of tea,and of course, a fag.
    A week in hospital gave me the chance to bin smoking, so I had to break the cycle,
    Answer? Stop drinking tea!!!! and to keep my hands busy, no not that, I bought a knife and started whittling wood scraps.
    This is before this vaping thing, and for me, no patches etc.
    Haven't drank tea in nearly 20 years, coffee monster now, and always said to myself, "When someone dies, the pressure is on, and I'll smoke".
    My Dad died, and the stress was amazing, didn't have time to think about a smoke!!!
    We all say, i should have done it 20 years earlier, but hey ho....
    COPD now, very well managed, not all smoking, honest, I had 13 years working in a coal mine, which hasn't helped.
    But you have cracked it, so very well done...

Total Downloaded
    6.56 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Realbark View Post
    There is always a reason/excuse = i make no excuses. Its just how it is. I was dissapointed in myself and am now back on track. Thanks Rod for the input.
    I've forgotten the amount of times I've given up. Every time I do I can't believe how I used to smoke the 'orrible things. Usually it's a long ride that does it. If I go to Europe or Wales etc I really enjoy stopping for coffee, food and a fag at the services! Then there's the beer and all that scene that is connected with smoking, along with long nights working in the garage - stopping for a fag to think over a problem.

Got ill last year and completely went off fags and beer. When I recovered I thought I could just smoke when I went to the pub, but before I knew it I was back on them full time.

I reckon that sooner or later I'll wake up and stop, but I really have to want to do it.

Good luck with it Tony - sounds to me like you have the right mindset and have got them beat.

Rod.
    Time out of mind

Total Downloaded
    38.15 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tony, similar happened to me a couple of years ago, but with a better result. I'd been off the fags a couple of years, stuck in Bruges waiting for bits to arrive for me 45, wet miserable morning, went up town for a walk and got a mile from my digs when the vape ran out of battery.

Being in Belgium, cheap baccy is everywhere so i went into a shop, bought a pouch of Drum, papers, filters and a lighter...... went outside, rolled a smoke, lit it and inhaled, expecting that "Hamlet cigar" moment.

Tasted vile, had three drags, binned it and haven't had one since.

Epiphany moment..... that's when I knew I'd finally cracked it.
    Much less involved.....

Total Downloaded
    29.27 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wish I could do that with pies - oh! hold on, that's a lie!

Total Downloaded
    11.81 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This thread rather caught me out, I clicked expecting to see a list of boys who'd had to run errands for Roger when he was at school.....

Total Downloaded
    581.56 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been vaping for 8 years never smoked a REAL ciggie, had a few draws on a herb! one now and again.

Helen now on vaping for nearly 4 years and doing well.
    Our calculations are circa £6 a month because we buy in bulk firstly the flavours Helen tobacco and me menthol.

Flavours from Totally Wicked

500 ml PG Based Nicotine (7.2%) from Everything Liquid

1st Dilutant is Monopropylene Glycol 500ml pharmaceutical quality. From Noble Vaping

2nd Dilutant is Lubrisolve Vegetable Glycerine (gives the vape cloud)

this is my mixture below:

Name:  e cig Barry.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  38.7 KB

Expensive to start up but the savings will soon add up and for 2 people really cheap. Get some 100ml bottles off ebay, cheap as chips and use them to make the desired mix thentop up one of the flavoured bottles for everyday use.

Name:  DSCN3996 (Small).JPG
Views: 132
Size:  99.1 KB
    wine [there is the] truth"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast