Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Another sneaky rise..

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    166
    Total Downloaded
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Another sneaky rise..

    Quote Originally Posted by chrissy View Post
    you don't need to carry a breathalyser and haven't needed to for a while. iirc there was quite a bit of shennannigans at the time because there was only one make that was certified for use and it was made by a company that had the french mp who pushed the law through as one of it's directors.
    https://www.drivinginfrance.org/news...erest-scandal/
    Believe it or not the law still actually exsist, but the police had said there is no fine......and they won't do anything if you haven't got one. Only in France???

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,800
    Total Downloaded
    29.27 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Another sneaky rise..

    Quote Originally Posted by ROWDY View Post
    Believe it or not the law still actually exsist, but the police had said there is no fine......and they won't do anything if you haven't got one. Only in France???
    I've been carrying mine around each time I've been over the water for years now - wonder if they have a shelf life? The box is as tatty as hell.

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,149
    Total Downloaded
    231.74 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Another sneaky rise..

    The word that comes to mind is farcical. Is that a good thing? And they think the uk has become a joke?

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    166
    Total Downloaded
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Another sneaky rise..

    Quote Originally Posted by wilkyman View Post
    I've been carrying mine around each time I've been over the water for years now - wonder if they have a shelf life? The box is as tatty as hell.
    Yes there is a sell by date, so yours will be no good. BTW the same goes for the Crit Air sticker that everyone has to have in their windscreen, again the only cars I've seen them on are British tourists cars and a few vans.

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,800
    Total Downloaded
    29.27 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Another sneaky rise..

    Quote Originally Posted by ROWDY View Post
    Yes there is a sell by date, so yours will be no good. BTW the same goes for the Crit Air sticker that everyone has to have in their windscreen, again the only cars I've seen them on are British tourists cars and a few vans.
    Thanks for that Rowdy - if I remember I'll take a look, but probably won't buy a new one given your comments!

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •