Thread: Insurance Renewal Ripoff

Total Downloaded
    409.10 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insurance Renewal Ripoff

That’s the problem, if you go with a decent (big name) company or renew with your existing company the price is crazy high. These companies must make a fortune from people who just pay the renewal price.

The other option is go with another cheaper (maybe unheard of) company who could be complete crap. As I mentioned previously I’ve seen many complaints about policies sold by Bikesure/Adrian Flux and underwritten by Markerstudy Insurance of Gibraltar.

Bikesure have quoted not a bad price for what the policy includes, but if it’s underwritten by Markerstudy I just don’t need the hassle. The comparison sites never say who policies are underwritten by.

Maybe just going for the cheapest possible premium with legal costs insurance and keep the details of a good bike solicitor is the answer. :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Psycho; 14-05-2019 at 01:01 PM.

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    12.65 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Insurance Renewal Ripoff

Quote Originally Posted by Paul P. View Post
    (BTW, I know Grove & Dean, they make adverts that are shown before films at the cinema.......)
    Nah! - your thinking of Pearly Queen the well know Landin advertising company whos ditty in the flicks was the signal to fire your fags up in those days
    Only dead fish swim with the tide

Total Downloaded
    16.56 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've just got an email from the aa saying my old triumph bonnie has been renewed and the money's waiting to come out the bank. i'm normally on the ball with renewals and always shop about. i must've got the letter or email and hoyed it away.
    last year i paid just under £100 and the renewal is £78. even though it's cheaper i'm sorely tempted to cancel the renewal.

Total Downloaded
    409.10 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a quick update for anyone interested...

As suggested by Darren, I phoned Bennetts and told them I wouldn’t be renewing. They asked about quotes I’d received and offered to match.

This is what they came up with..

£93.54 for fully comp insurance through AXA with excess reduced by £100
    £80.00 for optional package comprising of protected NCD, RAC recovery EU, legal, personal accident, helmet & leathers cover.
    £173.54 total

That’s a reduction of £276 plus extra benefits on the original renewal of £450.

Well worth the phone call, though time and effort could have been saved if only the brokers looked around for the best deal for me in the first place. But that wouldn’t be as profitable would it.

Total Downloaded
    16.56 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just renewed my insurance (2010 street glide and a 1995 dyna evo)
    got the letter from harley insurance, renewal price was £296. went online and got a quote with carol nash for £238. 'phoned harley insurance and they dropped to £240 straight away, after a bit harrumphing the bloke went away and came back with £223. quite happy with that and less than i paid last year.
    i'm sure they all just headbutt a keypad to come up with a renewal price.

Total Downloaded
    409.10 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insurance Renewal Ripoff

Talking about Harley-Davidson insurance run by Carole Nash.. I’ve always found the same, Carole Nash is always cheaper than Harley. In fact I’ve never found anyone as expensive as Harley-Davidson insurance. They’re usually willing to negotiate but never by much. But they do offer the best all inclusive cover.

Knowing that Carole Nash are cheaper, just yesterday I obtained a quote from them just to see how much it would cost for me to insure a new 2019 Ultra Ltd with a £25k value. I was absolutely gobsmacked at their quote.. £11,284 per year or £1205.16/month! Jeez!!.. The Robbing bast**ds!! Are they mental!! Quotes from other companies ranged from £459 to £570.

Last edited by Psycho; 30-05-2019 at 08:52 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12