Total Downloaded
    309.10 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insurance Again

Hi All

I had the usual insurance renewal letter from Bennetts informing me the best renewal quote for this year was £422, up from £314 last year with Ageas.

Its for my 2015 Street Glide Special, owned from new, garaged, mature rider, Stage 1 tune with a VH Fuelpak and VH exhausts.

I've had a bit of a look round for comparisons and HD Insurance via Carol Nash was £362.

Anyway after a bit of tooing and froing on the phone with Bennetts, they managed to quote me £237.99 with AXA, everything the same, helmet and clothing cover, breakdown, protected no claims etc, etc.

That's saving £184.57 ........ how can Ageas have been the best quote ???
    Was Hogjob, now Oddjob same $h*t different name.

2015 Street Glide Special FLHXS "Ginger Marmaglide"
    1990 Electraglide FLHTC
    1975 SX250

They say its a fine line between Genius and Madness. I have replaced the line with a banana

Club Membership Secretary.

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    29.27 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Insurance Again

I'm with Aegis through IAM Surety and have been for a few years - each year I just tell them it's too much and they knock it down to something I'm prepared to pay!

Total Downloaded
    11.81 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just wondered, is it at all possible that the renewal teams are paid commission on raised fees and that is why the wild quotes?

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul P. View Post
    Just wondered, is it at all possible that the renewal teams are paid commission on raised fees and that is why the wild quotes?
    When I phoned to query the hike in my (home) insurance the chap on the end of the phone said all renewal quotes are computer generated and always higher. Due to the algorithms apparently i.e. depending on various factors it sets the renewal at what it thinks it'll get away with.
    "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

Total Downloaded
    16.98 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've just renewed with MCE through ComperetheMarket, and got the Glide insured for £102.00. This included recovery, helmet and leathers, but the excess was a bit high at £400 compulsary and £200 voluntary. Ok if you don't have any prangs.
    Three wheeler clerk

Total Downloaded
    93.34 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got my renewals through and the Harley's gone up from £141 to £201 and the BSA from £95 to £98. Really can't be chewed with the annual rigamarole of getting new quotes just yet though. Pain in the hint end as my grandfatha used to say.
    Region 3, North East, Tyne & Wear