Thread: Essex Harley Rally 2-4 August Sudbury

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Essex Harley Rally 2-4 August Sudbury

http://www.essexchapter.com/rally.php

This is an independent club, holding it's rally not too far away from the Anglia region (link above).

I haven't been to one of their rallies for many years but they used to be ok.

All welcome, if anyone fancies a fairly local rally.

Mick

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Essex Harley Rally 2-4 August Sudbury

Bump!

I am in sunny Cairo for another couple of weeks but if all goes to plan I should be back at the end of July, in time for this rally.

Any interest from anyone in attending?

Mick

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Total Downloaded
    30.49 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they used common sense, I'd think about going. But....... I live in Sudbury, less than 0.7 miles (coincidentally, the same distance as to my local) from the football club, and I wouldn't walk or ride to it, after going down there a couple of years ago to see some friends who were attending from further afield, and was told I wasn't llowed on site unless I paid the full rally entry fee. Even though I explained I was only going to be there for 30 mins.

It's the same reason I don't go to Kempen anymore. No common sense was applied when my Dyna broke down, and Eric lent me his Honda so I could still go. Upon arrival, I was told the park Honda, offload the luggage, and walk it across the field.
    Sudbury, Suffolk

"If you aren't crashing, you aren't trying hard enough" Some racer from opp north

Sir Thomas Beecham is reported to have said to a female cellist who was having a particularly poor rehearsal, "Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!"

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baff View Post
    If they used common sense, I'd think about going. But....... I live in Sudbury, less than 0.7 miles (coincidentally, the same distance as to my local) from the football club, and I wouldn't walk or ride to it, after going down there a couple of years ago to see some friends who were attending from further afield, and was told I wasn't llowed on site unless I paid the full rally entry fee. Even though I explained I was only going to be there for 30 mins.

It's the same reason I don't go to Kempen anymore. No common sense was applied when my Dyna broke down, and Eric lent me his Honda so I could still go. Upon arrival, I was told the park Honda, offload the luggage, and walk it across the field.
    I can understand why you wouldn't want to pay full price for a short visit. I can't comment on their policies..i left the Essex area to work overseas about 11 years ago and this will be the first event of theirs i have been to for a lot longer than that.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk