Thread: Easy rally food

Total Downloaded
    11.81 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Easy rally food

Thought I'd share some of my cheap and easy camp stove meal ideas and invite other suggestions. My favourite is to take one of these sauce tubs (shown is Tesco own brand and the dearer - but no better - Dolmio version, other stores have similar), a pre-measured amount of pasta quills or twists (penne or fusili in case a proper Italian is watching), a chunk of cheese and a small flat grater. I boil the pasta, which cooks surprisingly quickly on the old stove, in a small non-stick saucepan then drain off water and quickly add the tub of sauce. I also like to take a packet of cocktail sausages which I chop up into the pan (they are also handy for snacking on) and tip it onto my plate and quickly grate cheese on it. You could of course pre-grate the cheese but it would need a firm container to stop becoming a lump again. This makes a very tasty and filling feast, easily done at your tent entrance providing you put everything readily to hand.
    Also from Tesco I often take this packet of cheapo noodles as a back up against arriving too late for food, post midnight munchies or a snack to ride home on - only 14p and no more hassle than making a tea. Bit of a change from beans or soup and the pasta one is good enough to lure greedy mates around like gulls around a tourist with chips!

Name:  Video 0010541.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  51.1 KB
    Last edited by Paul P.; 24-06-2019 at 05:36 PM. Reason: correction

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    467.82 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Easy rally food

Don't get much easier than a kebab

Name:  kebab-night-out.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  67.8 KB
    Was Hogjob, now Oddjob same $h*t different name.

2015 Street Glide Special FLHXS "Ginger Marmaglide"
    1990 Electraglide FLHTC
    1975 SX250

They say its a fine line between Genius and Madness. I have replaced the line with a banana

Club Membership Secretary.

Join the H-DRCGB CLICK HERE

Total Downloaded
    133.97 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats wrong with deliveroo?

CHIPS N GRAVY

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also a quick tip that we take up on the fells, one flask of hot water add hot dogs and put the lid back on your flask leave for 10 min and have your finger rolls pre buttered and tomato sauce or mustard alread on, at a rally site you could fill your flask in the usual rugby club facility and then add the hot dogs its a quick snack before a beer or after a beer

Total Downloaded
    11.81 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

(thought the likes of Baza, Ming the Merciless or Devon John would have good camping stove meal ideas....or road kill recipes for kangaroo from Kiwi Dave..?)

Total Downloaded
    39.26 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've never regarded self-catering at rallies as anything more than a necessary evil. Brew kit and a small stove, yes; especially at European rallies where the concept of a cup of proper builder's tea first thing in the morning (none of yer poofy Earl Grey thank you) is as remote as the chance of Hippy buying a round. But carting all your own grub and cooking gear as well..... no thanks. Maybe it's because I had enough of it in my working week back when I was driving long distance.

Always amuses me how folk grumble about the price of rally breakfasts and pub meals, or the need to support the rally, then proceed to dig out a ton of supermarket food (half of which gets thrown away cos either they brought too much, they burned it or flies landed on it) and waste valuable beer and natter time pissing about doing what they did at home only with much less convenience. Then at the end, having to piss about even further washing up and cleaning everything ready for the next meal. It's leisure time, FFS.

I'm well aware that there are some of us who have raised outdoor cooking to an art form, enjoy it and are very good at it; but it ain't for me.
    Much less involved.....

Total Downloaded
    29.27 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Halal Tim View Post
    Whats wrong with deliveroo?
    Hacked accounts apparently!

Total Downloaded
    7.14 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Malt loaf!
    1996 FXSTSB Badboy
    2012 FLD Switchback

Total Downloaded
    17.25 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Thought View Post
    Malt loaf!
    I prefer my bat bloody!
    Three wheeler clerk

Total Downloaded
    263.51 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmmm..... food eh?

if you're talking 'food in 4th gear' it would be protein bars or a handy bag of green (seedless) grapes. A dead-throttle set-up makes this a breeze.

camping in beautiful Florida carries it's own hazards tho..... like sharing your site with bears, pumas, very large snakes (and when they're that big, oh my brothers, they don't need poison fangs), alligators that won't say 'Please Sir, I want you to join me for lunch' but will instead take you by the hand (or leg) and pull you in for a swim first and, last but not least, to mention the 'no-see-ums' and 'nip-a-gals' that set the highest premium on your red corpuscles.
    Even so.......... none dare approach till I've had me first cuppa coffee..... they remember the last time.............

When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout!

A common mistake made when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast