Total Downloaded
    2.13 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: The Wheatsheaf Friday 28th/June

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1584 View Post
    I’ll be there The HD is still off the road though :( so not yet sure what I’ll get there on/in?..
    what is it with these modern Harleys keep breaking down!

Certain of you take the piss about the reliability of mine and Cliffs bikes...…….. at least we can blame it on old age.(the bikes not us of course)

1997 FXDL

Assistant Rep & Treasurer
    Region 19 New Forest

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    663.26 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andy real ale View Post
    what is it with these modern Harleys keep breaking down!

Certain of you take the piss about the reliability of mine and Cliffs bikes...…….. at least we can blame it on old age.(the bikes not us of course)
    I have an MT350 that's been the most reliable bike I've ever owned.

Over 6 1/2yrs of ownership now and it's not had one breakdown........then again......it's never left the garage.

Sounds familiar

I'll get my coat
    Darren Thomas
    Member No:010141

Total Downloaded
    2.13 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzlin View Post
    I have an MT350 that's been the most reliable bike I've ever owned.

Over 6 1/2yrs of ownership now and it's not had one breakdown........then again......it's never left the garage.

Sounds familiar

I'll get my coat

Don't know what you mean Darren.

mine left the garage recently.

To have a new rear engine mount and clutchlite fitted and replace all the worn carb seals and gaskets ,perished/split inlet rubbers to stop all the air getting in that was making the engine run somewhat lean!!

Also brake fluid was changed first time in 10 years oops, apparently it twas "black"
    Steve commented it was running so bad he was surprised I got it too him.

I blame it on that long ride to Westbay, one of the bolts holding the carb on had rattled loose since then it had been running like a sack of Sh*t.

Anyway if you want reliability my Kwacker chop has never broken down in 16 years.

(Hmm somewhat proves your statement)
    Last edited by andy real ale; 28-06-2019 at 07:29 PM.

1997 FXDL

Region 19 New Forest

Total Downloaded
    2.13 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a brilliant evening!

WE arrived to find lots of Harley's parked outside and Marks Yama ha ha ha not surprisingly considering the cracking weather. Drinks purchased we wandered out the back into the garden to find our mob well and truly entrenched. Having joined 4 tables together we took up a large chunk of the garden .As the evening wore on more and more people turned up and eventually we broke the Friday night record when I did a final tally and counted 22 of us!!

WE were definatly not short of conversation what with everything going on of late. So it was interesting catching up on events at Dr.Bobs, the New Forest rally and all the recent bike breakdowns and purchase in Nobbys case. He needless to say did get stick about now being in HOG but we were kind and let him sit at the same tables as the rest of us.

Steve had spoken to Lloyd at SHD to get some feedback from him post Rally. They had enjoyed it and want to come back next year especially as they had sold a bike out of it.

Good to see all the new recruits turning up again, John, Les and Pete and Billy joining the usual stalwarts
    Billverine & Judy,
    Paul & Kim & Daughter, Jim & JO, Steve and PP, Mark (y.o.c.) Darren & Libby, Nobby, Hooky & Chrissy , Pete (stinz), Cliff and yours Truly.

Steve got harassed into planning a run for Sunday to make the most of the great weather, looks like we may invade our neighbours turf in Sussex. Full details will be posted up in due course.

1997 FXDL

Region 19 New Forest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12