Thread: Local prices- used bikes from H-D of Tampa

Total Downloaded
    263.51 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Local prices- used bikes from H-D of Tampa

From a flyer on a tent sale H-D of Tampa is holding soon... Thought I'd show some prices, equip'd, etc. No idea of the miles, warrnty, ect.
    Attachment 32630
    Attachment 32631
    Attachment 32632
    Attachment 32633
    Attachment 32634
    Attachment 32635

When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout!

A common mistake made when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    11.81 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Local prices- used bikes from H-D of Tampa

Wonder if it is possible to fly over, buy a bike, have a holiday on it and sell it there..? probably all kinds of complications I haven't factored in I guess?

Total Downloaded
    12.62 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For all sorts of reasons, riding a Harley in the UK is an uphill struggle, compared to what it must be like in the 'States.

But all we can do is: Keep on Keeping On
    1989 FXST Softail Standard

1988 FLHS Electra Glide Sport

Living well is the best Revenge...

Total Downloaded
    263.51 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul P. View Post
    1.Wonder if it is possible to fly over, 2. buy a bike, 3. have a holiday on it and, 4. sell it there..? probably all kinds of 5.complications I haven't 6. (factored) in I guess?

1. Yes; tho considering the level of maint. the airlines pull on their craft I'd feel safer taking a boat, not to mention all the crap one must undergo to be allowed to get on an airliner. Personally, I don't fly any more, save that I'm in one of the two front seats; after all, there's only one first-class seat on any aeroplane, that one being the pilot's, all the rest being comfortable (or terrible) cattle pens.
    2. Yes
    3. Yes, with reservations; and a deal of patience. Note: If you confine yourself within the boundaries of Florida, you (as an Englishman), can tote a .44 cap-n-ball, legally that is. Fla. Constitution, Article 46, Chapter 790, Section 1. "It's good to have an edge", Chief Dan George.
    4. Yes
    5. the time available to the person (who ventures the epic) would be the biggest variable (I think).
    6. ah... the 'X=' factor. Simply work out the details as best you can. Plan your work, work your plan. Allow for the unknown (an oxymoron if ever there was one)

Eminently do-able. Have tinkered with this idea before; not from here to there, but, as you say, from there to [here]. On a house sharing scheme. Figger about 40 days on the ground here (that would cover 2 Webster swap-meets). With free and, may I say it, very secure parking. Very little in the way of expenses aside from the jump across and price of bike.

T'would make an interesting and original article for the Quin, no?

Off topic ......... sort'a
    I've always held, for my part, that it isn't possible to 'see' (for me that means 'get to know' ) a country by zipping around all over it in the space of a fortnight. No, I'd rather pick a likely portion of a country I'd visit, find someone who'd take me in and help me get to know that portion and it's people well enough to have, at the least, an informed opinion ........ truly, zipping about to see as-much-as-possible is being false to that country you're visiting...... to my mind one would only be looking at a country (something more easily done watching a travelogue, and just as profitable, more, perhaps, as one would save the cost of going there.
    I'd want to explore an area on a bicycle with a coupl'a side trips maybe, to a far point of interest......... I'd rather join in a busker's song than watch...... How can you participate in the life, the living, the people, of a place if you don't stick around long enough in one spot to join in?????
    Last edited by last shovel; 09-07-2019 at 07:49 PM.

A common mistake made when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Total Downloaded
    263.51 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part the Second:
    I posted this thread to give some idea of what prices are being asked for these [later] models. Personally, given how many, and different, bikes H-D has turned out since .... oh, say.... 2000, I think the market for used big twins and Sportys will be glutted for a long time to come.
    And if a whacking recession comes along (something I expect in one form or another) you'll see the prices go lower yet. A.... lot..... lower.

Total Downloaded
    20.67 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Figger about 40 days on the ground here (that would cover 2 Webster swap-meets).
    Went there once, it was recommended to me by a bloke called Steve Boyle at, All Black Cycles in Orlando (do you know him Stephen). Really was something else compared to our "Auto jumbles".
    Time is precious, waste it wisely.

Total Downloaded
    11.81 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Blimey! the possibilty of those prices dropping further - makes me think about all those vehicles (except of course that pile of Forty-fives yet to be stumbled upon!) after WW2 that were tipped off ships to avoid flooding the home market, what will make someone buy a new bike in a glut of cheap decent used ones?

(that boat alternative Skip - what about icebergs..?)

Total Downloaded
    30.49 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You bastard. You had to rub it in, didn't ya?
    Sudbury, Suffolk

"If you aren't crashing, you aren't trying hard enough" Some racer from opp north

Sir Thomas Beecham is reported to have said to a female cellist who was having a particularly poor rehearsal, "Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!"