Thread: 2020 Street fighter 'Bareknuckle'

Total Downloaded
    230.04 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: 2020 Street fighter 'Bareknuckle'

Gotta be honest Bazza, IMO that Indian is real fugly compared to the Harley.

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    19.74 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most modern bikes are fugly.Kids today got no taste.
    I'm not cynical,just experienced. NEVER TRUST ANYONE WHO WEARS A SUIT TO WORK.

Total Downloaded
    12.62 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kevscrivener View Post
    Funny ain't it? Harley shit-can Buells, folk say shame.

Harley offer a bike that's probably as close to a Buell as they're ever likely to get, folk diss it.
    Surely the important part of a Buell was Erik Buell's design and engineering input.

These new bikes are a million miles from the Buell's of old, for so many reasons...
    1989 FXST Softail Standard

1988 FLHS Electra Glide Sport

Living well is the best Revenge...

Total Downloaded
    12.62 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TomG View Post

When I went on the Triumph factory tour I was amazed at how much is part assembled abroad and crated in - no one seems too bothered about that.
    I think you'll find that some people are bothered...

All one can do re. Globalisation, is to 'Vote with your Feet'.

Not easy, but every little helps!
    Last edited by David Nimrod; 10-07-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Total Downloaded
    11.81 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

While we have the usual angle of trad HD riders not wanting to part with the familiar we also have a long history of HD making bikes that mainstream bike journalists have liked but joe public never bought - first the XLCR then the XR1000 and then the "European" XL1200. Buell was as mainstream as HD could be and I recall the press really liked them but again where were the sales? - surely they weren't pitched to just HD people? I am sure I have seen resistance from mainstream riders to the Harley name and I have long suspected that, back in the early seventies, if NVT etc had produced a lively electric start indicators snazy 250 the youngsters just wouldn't want it...from them.
    Probably all moot anyway as we are running out of dead dinosaurs fast.

Total Downloaded
    12.62 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul P. View Post

Probably all moot anyway as we are running out of dead dinosaurs fast.
    This is the beginning of the End.

Let's enjoy it while we still can!!

Total Downloaded
    1.31 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  666_2009-Aprilia-Mana850ABSb.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  93.9 KB When I couldn't ride my Evo Softail,(Neuro Disease, moan, moan) I ended up buying the Aprilia Mana, in 2009.
    Futuristic looks, 7 speed techtonic gearbox, very well built bike, handled like a dream, fast, all in a 850 V Twin.
    Great, lovely bike, back on the road, but I hardly used the bike as much as I should have.
    Reason? The very first trip out on the Evo when my hand could actually operate the clutch, it was all clear, the Mana, a good bike, wasn't a Harley.
    I hope these new bikes are a success, and I hope they are lighter than the Aprilia, which, by the way, was a failure, sold as a city bike, semi auto, no one bought them....

Total Downloaded
    263.51 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The trend seems to have gone from 'let'em eat my dirt' -- to-- 'let'em try and recover from my concussion shock-wave' .

Or mayhap the super-bike formula is now '1.75 miles-per-hour per horsepower'. And growing, cause the market, being the vicious creature it force-fed itself to grow into, won't sit still for one minute for a bike that isn't clocked faster than last years model.

This 'Bareknuckle' thing (what a silly name for a production motorcycle..... it's as tho they expect the name to cover the rider in a protective 'ego-paint'.
    "Hey! Don't yous try me, or I'll turn my Barekunckle loose upon yous").... Although, to be fair, a 'FatBob' would be a better seller than something called a 'SkinnyBob' or 'BulimiaBob'.

The head on view of this 'Bareknuckle' (and I'm disgusted by [nearly] anything, especially made by H-D, with the word 'knuckle' in the name, made after the year 1947.... traditionalist rivet-counter that I be ) reminds me of nothing so much as that two-legged tank with the Gatling fingers in RoboCop (1).

Seems if you were to strip off the paint & decals, and set a dozen examples from different mfg.s of these hunched up, bunched up, crunched up V-Twin critters in a line..... could you tell the Harley from the rest?? Really now, could you?

Well well, I'm old enough now that I longer need (or want) a bike that hazards my health by daring me to scrape the pegs. I had quite enough of that with one of these, https://www.google.com/search?q=1972...lP-Ly2_1GTEpM:

it always was laughing at me.... 'hey Skippy, you call that a lean angle? I'm embarrassed to be under you, you moped birthing wus, do yer nuts have a broken a wind-up spring? Ha!'... and on... and on.....
    sold the thing.... regretfully tho, for it was a hell-of-a sexy.. damn.. motorcycle.

At any rate, I'm content to sit on a solo couch and herd a locomotive (Shovel) than cramp m'self up (like a monkey doing you-kno-what to an [American] football) on a missile (Barenuckle).
    Last edited by last shovel; 11-07-2019 at 07:07 AM. Reason: choice of words

When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout!

A common mistake made when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Total Downloaded
    38.76 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David Nimrod View Post
    Surely the important part of a Buell was Erik Buell's design and engineering input.

These new bikes are a million miles from the Buell's of old, for so many reasons...

One could also argue that this year's Sportster is a million miles from a 1962 XLCH. The point is that it looks, to me at any rate, the sort of bike which would have appealed to someone who would have considered a Buell had one been available.
    Much less involved.....

Total Downloaded
    6.56 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My early influence of motorcycles was and still is through real life experiences. I developed a desire for raw motorcycles that gave me the purest experience of the machine.

If an alien landed on this planet they would see the majority of it's population looking at screens day and night. The screens translate to influence and young people are the targets. Their desires are formed through digital images, characters and stories. To a great extent we are all controlled by the digital signal and the huge corporations that govern that process.

Harley cannot ignore the modern appetite and therefore in order to survive they have to blend the modern into their heritage. Otherwise, they cannot continue to expand.

Personally, I don't want to look at a screen when I'm riding, but I am somewhat oddball and don't give a fuck about what the majority wants. Harley knows this and if they can, they will try and provide a traditional style product that will attract me. Who knows I might buy one, but it won't be one like this.
    Time out of mind

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast