Thread: Sunday ride, meet at Alresford

Total Downloaded
    84.90 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sunday ride, meet at Alresford

Sunday ride, tomorrow meeting at the Station Cafe in Alresford (The Railway Station, Station Road, New Alresford SO24 9JG) for 10 to 10:30am.
    Breakfast if you want then a bimble to Newlands Corner (A25 Shere Rd, Albury, Guildford GU4 8SF) and possibly a pub on the way back.
    A.K.A. Spankey
    Region 19 Rep.
    FLSTF 2016

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    2.05 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Sunday ride, meet at Alresford

Many happy memories of Newlands corner and a mispent youth.

Visiting the cafe on the way to or coming back from Boxhill on a sunday, the two old dears who ran it in the late 70's-early 80's were right characters.

On the way back from the pubs out that way at night a group of us would roar round the Newlands Corner car park on the bikes headlights on full beam terrorising the "courting " couples-lol

Used to see many an interesting sight.

Aah happy daze.

Sorry wandered off the subject there, hopefully pop along if Wendy has nothing organised for me .

1997 FXDL

Assistant Rep & Treasurer
    Region 19 New Forest

Total Downloaded
    84.90 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We arrived at the station cafe to find John and Les tucking into a mighty breakfast. Bill, Judy, Nobby, Jim, Jo, myself and Pauline made up the rest of the group. Great day out with John leading the way to Moto Legends at Guilford for a quick coffee before heading to Newland Corner (makes nice change for me to be at the back). Great place to hang out for a while and reminisce about the bikes we used to have amongst the various older bikes that turn up. John and Les had various commitments for the afternoon so went on there way while the rest of us had a country lane tour back to Petersfield. Great day, thanks for taking lead John.

Last edited by spakey; 15-07-2019 at 08:22 AM.
    A.K.A. Spankey
    Region 19 Rep.
    FLSTF 2016

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it was a crackin day out although John and I's previous plans went out the window when he decided to "free style" the route back !!

So rather than a quick blat back home I eventually ended up meeting Bill & Judy on the A3 !!

Ended up being late home and in the bad books (again) much grovelling and cooking the dinner to make up for Lost time (besides the triple is next week!)

Great to see everyone again and looking forward to this weekend coming.